CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le looks like a gentle soul - the smallest conflict and she retreats to B&N to avoid it all. LE doesn't look like a fighter of any kind. I am terribly concerned for her. moo
I agree with you. And her brother saying she's never away from home all night tells me she's close to her family and very responsible. So sadly, I fear the worst for her right now. I pray I'm wrong and she's found safe ~ and soon!

The best bet is to look at traffic cams in the area of the store...Guess I should email the police department to do so. That would answer if her car was returned and by whom.

The best bet is to look at traffic cams in the area of the store...Guess I should email the police department to do so. That would answer if her car was returned and by whom.

I just emailed them.

No, I don't have anywhere near enough info to think anything yet. Plus I'm keeping in mind that we don't cast aspersions on innocent persons :)

I do have some questions, some things I'm wondering about, like:
- has Phuong ever had a romantic involvement with her former boss, is he married, he's reported to be a *family* friend - how well does the family know him & what do they think of him
- did Phuong hand out any flyers
- did Phuong and her sister normally get along? have they had any other arguments recently? where was sister that evening?
- what's Phuong's relationship with her parents like? how strong disciplinarians are they? how do they normally react when Phuong complains about helping the family such as handing out flyers? how often is Phuong expected to do things like this? is she not ordinarily able to simply say she needs to do something else? why could she not say she needed to look for a job rather than hand out flyers?
- what's Phuong's relationship with her brother like? where was he from the time Phuong left the house? how protective is he of his sister?
- has Phuong had any romantic involvements in the past year? how recent? any breakups? how recent?

So, as I said, I have questions and things I'm wondering, but I just don't have enough info to think anything yet, and there are so many people around Phuong, and may be more I don't know about.

BBM. I havn't caught up on this thread yet, so please forgive me...I will correct myself when I catch up, lol. Anyway....I am thinking about her handing out those fliers. I think on the NG show they said she did, so I would like to know what neighborhood she did so in? Wondering if it could have been the same neighborhood as those attacks on Monday? If so, maybe she was being followed?

Location of B and N compared to the targeted women on Monday. All within a few blocks radius.

21myx08.jpg

I hadn't even checked WS yet, but was watching NG and decided to map some sex offenders in the neighborhood. There are some VERY near there. Also, one of the addresses I plugged in, takes the route you have marked as where those attacks took place, even going South on Pennsylvania.

Can I post a link to the list of sex offenders in Fairfield, CA?

wonder if Le complained alot? Why would passing out fliers be the cause of so much disruption? What if she had plans to meet up with someone in B&N parking lot and passing out fliers interfered? Can't think of any other reason she would call her ex-boss - certainly not to complain. Was she asking for some work? Setting up a meeting place? imo some questions regarding ex boss need to be looked into. moo

On NG's show tonight someone said her keys weren't found. I think what's crucial is an absolute confirmation she was in the B&N store. I'm still not seeing why she'd put her wallet, ID & cell phone in the trunk before driving away. What if she needed them? MOO

JMHO She may have tossed her things into the trunk because she was going to the gym after the B&N store. I don't know what kind of locker arrangements they have at 24 hr Fitness, but I know from my work-out days:Banane43:, we always put everything in the trunk before we arrived at the gym (didn't want anyone in the gym parking lot to see us put stuff in the trunk there.) This worked well most of the time, but sometimes cars were broken into.
Anyway, I don't find it unusual that she had all her stuff in the trunk.

On NG's show tonight someone said her keys weren't found. I think what's crucial is an absolute confirmation she was in the B&N store. I'm still not seeing why she'd put her wallet, ID & cell phone in the trunk before driving away. What if she needed them? MOO

If I were going from one place to another, like a gym, and knew I wouldn't need any of my things, I would put them in the trunk before getting to my destination. I wouldn't want someone seeing me put valuables in my trunk at the gym, I would do it at my stop before the gym, kwim? I see her going into the B&N, having coffee, reading, relaxing, then deciding to go to the gym as she always (?) did, so she tossed her stuff in the trunk, and someone pulled up, or walked up. Maybe someone "needing help"...being a nurse, it's always my nature to want to help.

I am thinking someone had been following her for some time. They knew her routine. They likely watched her and knew she would want to "help" or would be easy to engage in conversation.

Poor woman....I am very concerned for her and fear the worst has already happened.

JMHO She may have tossed her things into the trunk because she was going to the gym after the B&N store. I don't know what kind of locker arrangements they have at 24 hr Fitness, but I know from my work-out days:Banane43:, we always put everything in the trunk before we arrived at the gym (didn't want anyone in the gym parking lot to see us put stuff in the trunk there.) This worked well most of the time, but sometimes cars were broken into.
Anyway, I don't find it unusual that she had all her stuff in the trunk.

lol..posted at the same time. Great mind btw. :)

Witness also said she appeared to be studying and did not seem upset.

I'm really afraid with the regularity that she went there and amount of time she spent there that somebody had been watching her, and just happened to choose that night as the one to grab her. Maybe because she was a bit more distracted than usual and seemed more vulnerable(?)

This question is not directed at you personally, BUT if she had just PASSED the boards.. why in the world would she be studying? IMO whoever said that should be looked into... NO NURSE needs to study after passing the boards IMO!!! guess the perp didn't know...

This question is not directed at you personally, BUT if she had just PASSED the boards.. why in the world would she be studying? IMO whoever said that should be looked into... NO NURSE needs to study after passing the boards IMO!!! guess the perp didn't know...

Great observation! Even if she was looking at resumes or researching the points a character reference needs to address - why would anyone depict her as studying? Sounds like the person didn't know she passed her boards and thought she was still in school. Time to re-interview!!! moo

...Wish I understood why helping her sister was upsetting - did she have plans?

...Wish I knew why Le called her ex-boss to tell him about the tiff with sister! Or was that really the reason they talked? Did Le ask ex boss for a referenece or part time work? moo

...Wish I knew why Le was so upset about not having a job a few weeks after passing boards...did she owe money to someone?

If I were going from one place to another, like a gym, and knew I wouldn't need any of my things, I would put them in the trunk before getting to my destination. I wouldn't want someone seeing me put valuables in my trunk at the gym, I would do it at my stop before the gym, kwim? I see her going into the B&N, having coffee, reading, relaxing, then deciding to go to the gym as she always (?) did, so she tossed her stuff in the trunk, and someone pulled up, or walked up. Maybe someone "needing help"...being a nurse, it's always my nature to want to help.

I am thinking someone had been following her for some time. They knew her routine. They likely watched her and knew she would want to "help" or would be easy to engage in conversation.

Poor woman....I am very concerned for her and fear the worst has already happened.

BBM or did she ride with a "friend" to the gym expecting to be brought back to B&N? assuming she didn't need that stuff for the next hour or so?

anyone know if her keys to the car were in the backpack or with the cell phone in trunk? If not, why would she take her keys and not anything else? Perhaps abducted right as she got out of the car? Or did she throw things in trunk and keep keys in hand to drive home, and was abducted at that time? moo

If she was going to a 24 hr gym she may have had a ?"slide card"? on her keychain that got her in the door? our 24/7 gyms here in GA do. similar to a CVS, Borders bookstore, Kroger card????

I REALLY hope she is not hidden in/around that bookstore! Time will tell...

Great observation! Even if she was looking at resumes or researching the points a character reference needs to address - why would anyone depict her as studying? Sounds like the person didn't know she passed her boards and thought she was still in school. Time to re-interview!!! moo
If she frequented B&N as often as the brother indicated, then if the witness was also a frequent customer (or an employee... I'm not clear which) they've probably seen her study there before. She may have been researching jobs or brushing up on a particular field of nursing she's interested in.

Wish I understood why helping her sister was upsetting - did she have plans?
JMO, but it sounds to me as though the family expected her to take care of their needs above and beyond her own.

Wish I knew why Le called her ex-boss to tell him about the tiff with sister! Or was that really the reason they talked? Did Le ask ex boss for a referenece or part time work? moo
He was also described as a friend.

Wish I knew why Le was so upset about not having a job a few weeks after passing boards...did she owe money to someone?
She may have had school loans to repay. I can understand her anxiety if no one in the area is hiring; from the local hospital I checked, all the listed openings want nurses with at least one year's experience. I know many hospitals are clamping down and even have hiring freezes in effect. There's pretty fierce competition in a profession that used to be one where you could write your own ticket. Hospitals have the upper hand right now; that won't last of course. It goes in cycles.

But hiring a new grad is risky business. Very expensive and if done right (don't get me started lol) then you're looking at a minimum of 6 months invested in simply training and mentoring before they're ready to hit the floor on their own. If she is wanting work in a specialty / critical care area, then it's more like a year. Anything less than that and you risk running off new grads who feel overwhelmed and 'thrown to the wolves'. I can't count the number of new nurses I've seen come and go... it's not a J&J ad after all. Orientees don't count in staffing. So essentially the unit is paying two people for the work of one. That's another reason why they're looking for people with experience, it's far cheaper and they're more likely to stick around.

BBM. I havn't caught up on this thread yet, so please forgive me...I will correct myself when I catch up, lol. Anyway....I am thinking about her handing out those fliers. I think on the NG show they said she did, so I would like to know what neighborhood she did so in? Wondering if it could have been the same neighborhood as those attacks on Monday? If so, maybe she was being followed?

Good thought, kiss. I'd like to know where she handed out the fliers too. She spent several hours doing it.

I pray she's found safe and can celebrate with her family.

Oh wow! I never thought of that. Let me double check if that is actually what the witness said before we string him/her up though lol.

ETA: I may have imagined that the witness said she appeared to be studying. I will keep looking but I am not finding that. I apologize. Please consider it misinformation on my part unless/until anyone finds that. Thank you and I'm sorry for getting things off-track.

A witness inside the store told police he saw her sitting down reading a book and she did not appear to be stressed. She usually went there to study and read books; however, Fairfield Police say they have gone over surveillance footage from the bookstore and it does not show Puong.

http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1660585.html

Search goes on for missing Suisun woman
Posted: 04/30/2010 01:05:32 AM PDT

Phuong Le's family will celebrate her 25th birthday today, several days after the would-be nurse vanished into the night.

"She always returned before 12 (a.m.)," brother Dinh Le, 31, said when he described her standard routine of going to 24 Hour Fitness, then to the Barnes & Noble coffee shop across the street.

snip

It is unclear whether Le, a Suisun City resident, was kidnapped or left on her own, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

"We're exploring both avenues. ... We're just trying to find her," Moody said Thursday during a press conference outside Fairfield City Hall.

snip

Le left her family home at about 4 p.m. Sunday without telling anyone where she was going. Her car was discovered in the Barnes & Noble parking lot Monday with its back windows rolled down and her backpack, purse, wallet, money, ID and cell phone locked in the trunk. The car keys were not found.

snip

She had just submitted an application to NorthBay Medical Center and had asked Tracy Fields for a recommendation. Fields was Le's former instructor at Solano Community College.

"Nurses are all having trouble finding jobs, so they're discouraged," Fields said, though nothing of Le's behavior indicated she was depressed or unhappy.

Indeed, though she studied hard to pass the NCLEX, Le remained relaxed, her brother said.

http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_14990096

God bless and protect Phuong and bring her home safe and unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname