CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, Bethanny Marshall proclaims Barnes & Noble a happy hunting ground for serial killers.

NG talking to Pat Brown, criminal profiler. PB says there always could be a window of opportunity for an abduction in the parking lot. PB wants to know if witness is absolutely sure it was PL he saw sitting in the coffee shop @ 8:30pm.

Dr. Bethany Marshall: LE should've taken into account that PL never spent a night away from home. Disagrees with PB about B&N not being a potential hunting ground for a serial killer. All they'd have to do is sit there, watch people and wait for a potential victim.

NG saying some of the most innocent locales are where predators hang out.

I am about 100 miles from this locale. The Bay area has mixed cultures and there are MANY vietnamese, japanese, chinese, african american, and hispanic and caucasian women. Yes, Le is small but there are many here that are small. Are cops worried about a possible rapist out on parole, or maybe an employee just released from prison?

Happy hunting ground for a serial killer, yikes. Bethany!

They were also talking about child predators hanging out around parks, etc. so I think the point was even a place one assumes is safe might not be. ;) MOO

Right, how truly sad that a single woman can't even go to the B & N. Her family seems very protective.

On NG: Caller wants to know why everything was in the car trunk if PL had gone into the bookstore, wouldn't she take money, etc? NG thinks she might have come out and put stuff in trunk, but even she can't understand why she'd do that. NG asking PL's brother about items found in trunk; credit cards, driver's license, books, wallet, cell phone all in the car trunk. Social security card & passport were at home.

NG asking Renee Rockwell about PL's computer. RR: LE can learn what activities she was engaging in, who communicating with. Peter Odom wants to know where car keys are. Reporter Stacy is talking about PL phone call earlier to former boss where she talked about being upset about passing out flyers for her sister; nothing unusual. Reporter says she doesn't have timeline for phone call. Reporter Lee says PL did pass out the flyers early afternoon Sunday, she regularly went to B&N to cool off after a disagreement, had disagreement with sister about passing out the flyers for sister's hair salon. NG can't figure out what PL was "cooling off" from when she's been described as timid, etc. NG asking PL's brother if there was an argument within the family that afternoon. He says it was a minor disagreement about passing out flyers, might not having any bearing on what happened to her. Reporter Lee says PL was stressed out about her own job search.

Caller wants to know if there is any surveillance video from the parking lot. NG says if PL was timid, shy she might have engaged somebody in conversation.

The "presser" was a few words at the end of press conference about the housefire that killed four little ones, in the same area. I haven't seen it posted online. There was no new news. All that was said, was in my posting on the previous page (cnn NG blog)

Moments ago at a news conference, Fairfield and Suisun police, who are now both actively working the investigation, announce they have cleared up a communication gap between the family and investigators. Detectives have not identified anyone who would want to hurt Le and say there is no indication of foul play at this time, but are still exploring the option that something terrible happened to the young nurse.
They also allegedly did not impound Le’s 1997 white Honda Accord until Tuesday. Investigators have combed over Le’s bedroom and purse taking credit cards, a digital camera, her passport and social security card. They are also looking at her computer and cell phone records.

Just on NG now, it was stated she did pass out fliers for her sister's salon from noon-3 the same day.

Was Le abducted from behind in the Parking Lot? from caller
Turned around and was friendly thinking that was the polite thing to do. from NG
Le not on video from inside and outside the store. from facts

from me:
was car staged there???

Reporter Lee says he doesn't know of any parking lot surveillance but it just could be she wasn't seen because of other cars blocking view, where she was parked, etc.

Dr. Michael Bell: at this point he'd be very worried something tragic happened.

Caller (Sheba!) wants to know why LE doesn't listen to families when something like this happens. NG asking Tom Shamshack about LE. He says no uniform standard for reporting; needs to be addressed by federal legislation not each LE agency handling as they want.

Another caller wants to know if the store has been thoroughly searched. NG citing the case of Annie Le who was found murdered inside Yale University; wonders how LE knows she isn't still in there someplace.

Thank you so much for the NG updates! I didn't realize it was going to be on. I'll have it to catch the replay in a couple hours.

I'm so glad Phuong got some attention!

Was Le abducted from behind in the Parking Lot? from caller
Turned around and was friendly thinking that was the polite thing to do. from NG
Le not on video from inside and outside the store. from facts

from me:
was car staged there???
I wonder that too. It doesn't make sense to me either why the items found in the trunk would've been in there if she'd been inside the bookstore. And it doesn't make sense she'd put them there before getting in the car to leave. Who keeps their driver's license, cell phone in the trunk while driving? :waitasec:

Thank you so much for the NG updates! I didn't realize it was going to be on. I'll have it to catch the replay in a couple hours.

I'm so glad Phuong got some attention!
You're most welcome! I didn't know she'd be talking about her either until the show came on. And, thankfully she did!

I wonder that too. It doesn't make sense to me either why the items found in the trunk would've been in there if she'd been inside the bookstore. And it doesn't make sense she'd put them there before getting in the car to leave. Who keeps their driver's license, cell phone in the trunk while driving? :waitasec:

Right, Le is a student. I would think that she would need her backpack for notes. It appears staged and I think LE thinks that too <just a hunch!> I find it odd that they are saying no surveillance of Le entering or exiting the B and N. Either Le was abducted immed. or she was never there at all.

Right, Le is a student. I would think that she would need her backpack for notes. It appears staged and I think LE thinks that too <just a hunch!> I find it odd that they are saying no surveillance of Le entering or exiting the B and N. Either Le was abducted immed. or she was never there at all.
I'm also curious about the witness who says she was sitting in the coffee shop @ 8:30pm. Did he talk with her? Is he positive it was Phuong? If she was sitting there, had she ordered something? How did she pay if her c/c (wallet) was in the trunk? And who leaves their money/cell phone in the car in a parking lot? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname