CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

Criminalists called to help in investigation of slain Suisun City nursing graduate
Posted: 05/14/2010 12:23:30 PM PDT

Fairfield Police have called in several criminalists from the California Department of Justice and the FBI to help with the investigation into the homicide of Suisun City nursing school graduate Phuong Le.

In a brief press release issued Friday, Lt. Darrin Moody said evidence gathered as part of the investigation in to Le's death will be examined as part of the ongoing effort to form a time line of the woman's whereabouts and activity prior to her death.

snip

Clearly frustrated by what he called "erroneous" and "inaccurate" reports by some television media in the wake of the discovery of Le's body, Moody said police "will not be releasing information that may jeopardize the integrity of the continuing investigation." He said recent television reports have caused "unnecessary distraction and delays" in the investigation "as well as pain and concern for the family" of the victim.

http://www.thereporter.com/ci_15087270

GOOD. I'm glad Moody addressed the media himself. I've been of the personal opinion certain members of the media there who have covered this case have not conducted themselves to even the lowest ethical standards of journalism. The investigation and consideration for the family should always come first. JMO.

It's nice to see LE calling the reporters out on this. I wish charges could be filed for blatantly wrong journalism when it's done on purpose for ratings.

Has it been released whether Phuong Le could possibly have been raped?
I know they said she was partially clothed. If so, then I surely would not
suspect her boyfriend. I think that would point to someone other than him!

Has it been released whether Phuong Le could possibly have been raped?
I know they said she was partially clothed. If so, then I surely would not
suspect her boyfriend. I think that would point to someone other than him!

As far as I know, there have been NO details released about assault or cause of death. And I doubt we'll hear about it any time soon, since they feel that info is crucial to the investigation.

GOOD. I'm glad Moody addressed the media himself. I've been of the personal opinion certain members of the media there who have covered this case have not conducted themselves to even the lowest ethical standards of journalism. The investigation and consideration for the family should always come first. JMO.
Amen to that! And I too am very glad for the update directly from LE.

I have a feeling we will be waiting a while for any news from LE on this case now. Probably crime lab results, which could take weeks, won't even be released, so unless and until they have a suspect, there could be little or nothing more coming out. This could be a long, frustrating haul for the family.

I did notice that that LE did indicate that although she was not pregnant and that TN was not a suspect, they did have a relationship, whatever that means. But that is pretty vague, of course they had a relationship, they worked together and knew one another...

LE's not going to give those reporters a single crumb for quite some time - on this or any other case, I'll bet.

What a situation. I feel so bad for Phuong's family. And for LE, who's trying to do their job.

It's nice to see LE calling the reporters out on this. I wish charges could be filed for blatantly wrong journalism when it's done on purpose for ratings.

No denying that it was awful what the media did - bringing the brother to the scene and to think the chief was on his way to inform the entire family - together they would have comforted one another, ask questions, and be able to cry without the media around. Using a vulnerable family for the sake of selling papers - they should all be charged with negligence! moo mho

So from police said, they have not been searching for a weapon? Or not searching for one at the place that the media indicated? Hard to know which is true...they may well be searching for one, but maybe not there?

I would think if there is the slightest chance this crime was committed by a stranger that LE would warn the public. Yet we haven't heard anything or who might be a POI. MOO

What gives you that idea? Police themselves admit they have nothing solid to go on. Simply put, they don't know who killed her and why.
So clearly at this point a stranger can not be ruled out at all.

What gives you that idea? Police themselves admit they have nothing solid to go on. Simply put, they don't know who killed her and why.
So clearly at this point a stranger can not be ruled out at all.
They may not have a suspect or POI, but if there were a serial killer or similar type crimes recently committed such as attempted abductions of young women from parking lots, I would think LE would warn the public. MOO

They may not have a suspect or POI, but if there were a serial killer or similar type crimes recently committed such as attempted abductions of young women from parking lots, I would think LE would warn the public. MOO

They most likely must wait on forensics imo. They cannot be naming if they simply have no tangible evidence yet....

Really?
Did police warn the public when Amber Dubois went missing to watch out for similar type crimes? I don't think so.
If they don't know what happened, they can't warn anyone of what to look out for.

Very disheartening to consider, but I don't think LE has all that much either. I think they certainly know a lot more than they're sharing with the public, and I understand why. But I'm afraid it's pretty apparent, the bottom line, they just don't have enough to take a step in any direction at all. At least for now.

One thing I do trust...I think Fairfield LE has been very professional thus far. Of course we can't see what's going on behind the scenes, but they seem to have a strong grip on what's available (with the exception of the media (grrr)).

Really?
Did police warn the public when Amber Dubois went missing to watch out for similar type crimes? I don't think so.
If they don't know what happened, they can't warn anyone of what to look out for.
Based on the forensic evidence they do have, and where her body was located and a lot of information we don't have, LE could have an idea what type of perpetrator committed the crime. In Amber's case she was still missing until recently, whereas Phuong's body has been found, so LE has a lot more to work with. It just seems to me *if* there aren't any other recent crimes like this they probably believe it wasn't random. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back