CA CA - Ramon Estrada, 36, West Hollywood, 6 July 2014

http://laist.com/2014/07/17/missing_weho_man_discovered_comatos.php

Police believe Estrada's injuries—which include a broken shoulder, head trauma, pneumonia and heart issues—may have been caused by a beating. When Estrada was found, his fingers were too swollen to get a full print and he was not carrying and ID, so he remained in the ICU under the pseudonym "Trauma Echo." The phone Estrada used to make the call was also missing.

According to a ******** set up by Estrada's partner Michael Shutt and his friend Wendy Mairena, Shutt and Mairena went to talk to detectives on July 14 to check on the status of his missing persons report. When they showed the detectives one of the flyers they had made, one inspector recognized Estrada as the same unidentified man they'd found the night Estrada went missing.

I kinda think this may have been a hit and run vs. a beating. Were it a beating, seems like there'd be some witnesses in that area at that time who saw or HEARD a beating that would have been this bad. IMO of course.

My guess is a hit and run, intoxicated driver.

I was just getting on here to post this link! Thank you OkieGranny for sharing! Now if only they can figure out what happened to him in that very short amount of time, and so close to home. It is tragic and I hope that who ever did this (whatever "this" is hit and run, assault during robbery, hate crime?) will be caught and brought to justice.

I hope someone is checking with local businesses. So many businesses have security cameras. I hope this is an avenue being explored by LE. Ramon is in my thoughts and prayers.

The bit that said his fingers were too swollen to take prints made me think it was a beating and he had fought back. JMO
Add. Unfortunately with alot of head injuries the victim has no memory of the event.

Just following up, I hope Ramon is recovering and his partner knows that there are people who care. If this is a hit and run, it will not be a surprise. LA seems to have at least one a day, it is horrifying (based purely on my watching KTLA5 every morning and living in SoCal). Bet wishes to all.

Just to update all my fellow WS'er. I am sad to report that after a long and valiant battle, Ramon could not over come his injuries and passed away. I do not have any details, but I truly hope that the police are doing everything they can to investigate his murder, and that those responsible will be brought to justice. RIP Ramon.

Oh, such terribly sad news. Thanks for letting us know. :cry:

Oh, this poor man.
I'm am so saddened by this.
Thorn, please send condolences from us to everyone involved.

I am not sure what to do now and any veteran WS'ers suggestions would be appreciated. Is there an unsolved homicide/crime category that this tread needs to be moved to? There has been nothing in MS media since right after he was found to be a patient at Cedars-Sinai, but I still feel like this case deserves attention. Thank you OkieGranny and charminglane for your concern. I just hope that we can continue to work together to find justice for Ramon.

Oh no :( I am so sorry to see this news. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those Ramon loved. What a tragedy.

Here is a link to the latest MS media article about the investigation in to Ramon's murder.
http://abc7.com/243785/

^ that article has a comment (read: RUMOR at this point) that reports there is a video showing 3 assailants in a car who did this, possibly using a bat...

just sad...

ETA: as sadly, we need this title changed for Ramon's thread. I alerted.

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to read this. RIP Ramon, I hope this can be solved quickly.

I know that we here at WS are fighting for truth and justice. It breaks my heart to think that Ramon will be forgotten. Please, do not let this sweet man's murder be placed on the back burner. Let's help find justice for Ramon! http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...tackers-still-at-large/#.U-LUzHLNJtk.facebook

Agreed. This case hurts my heart. I watched an interview with his partner on the news today and was reduced to tears. Such a tragedy. These murderers need to be taken off the streets before they kill someone else.

Here is an interview with Ramon's Mom and Michael. Unfortunately, I do not speak Spanish. If anyone can translate I would be grateful. http://mv.univision.com/video/491573

Someone who speaks better spanish than I can probably help more, but it was a pretty typical interview about his cell phone being stolen and him being missing and being found in the hospital and the doctors telling her he died.

Sorry, they spoke slow enough for me to get the gist and the feeling, but way to fast for me to go word for word.

$50,000 Reward Offered in Ramon Estrada Homicide Case

According to Det. Scott Masterson of the LAPD, police are seeking a light-colored car (beige, tan or silver), likely a small SUV or a car with a hatchback. It might be a Lexus SUV RX350, Masterson said, but that is not certain. Police are also seeking three black men, around ages 18 to 25, who were seen running from the area. It is not known whether they were involved or were witnesses who were fleeing. The car was reportedly being driven by a fourth person, but no description of the driver is available.

http://www.wehoville.com/2014/08/28/50000-reward-offered-ramon-estrada-homicide-case/

This case is just awful. I just found this thread for the first time and my heart goes out to his family (partner included).

I have a feeling this is going to end up being an at the wrong place at the wrong time thing. People laying in wait to do something awful to the first person they saw perhaps.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back