CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to point out the obvious. That guy is a male. The family lawyer pointed out that while there are rare instances of males committing suicide in that manner, none are of females. He was also allegedly staging it to look like MURDER for insurance purposes.

So far that family lawyer is stating a lot of info as if it were factual,and some of it might not be. So I am taking her statements with a grain of salt. imoo

I find it pretty hard to believe that in the history of the world, no females EVER killed themselves in a similar fashion.

Where are all the reporters clambering outside the homes of Jonah Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, Adam Shacknai, GS, ES, Mary Zahau, Snowem Horwath, and Neil Nalepa to get a statement?

For that matter, where are Jonah Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, and Adam Shacknai? No one has had a single glimpse of any of them for two months?

The press has been, what…shackled by legal threats and Shanghaied by a PR company?

Well, do these ropes have a little elasticity? He might have pulled her down some to get to that (though that wouldn't necessarily help her resuscitation chances). Also, her weight would have made the rope taut thus bringing her down lower than where it appears to lay higher up post-cutting.

IMO from viewing the pictures that particular rope does not. It's covered in a really light plastic type material (supposedly to cut down on mold growth). It could have rebounded a bit in the room, making it higher than when he cut it though. I hate those ropes, they are a pain. Someone up thread asked if you could cut them with scissors... I can't. I use a straight blade, you bend the rope where you want to cut it and then just pull the blade (or knife) right through the rope, it's easy. Scissors aren't sharp enough IMO.

I totally agree. This is just wild speculation on my part. Totally off the wall. But it makes a bit of sense if you take into account the family dynamics.

You have one wildly successful brother with the mansions and the girlfriends and the fortune. And then you have the tug boat captain, the salt of the earth, more grounded, but less spectacular brother. So in the middle of this tragedy, tug boat brother is very emotional. He loved his little nephew very much. And now this stupid woman let him die a violent death, while she took a shower. He might have been livid. He very well may have made this twisted decision on his own,out of the strange feeling that it was the one thing that he was capable of doing for his amazingly successful brother. Finally, instead of asking for favors, Adam was going to give his brother something he could never do himself. imoo

or even, he may have had some kind of romantic involvements with the women, one or the other (or imagined he did). Dina might have had a hold on him going back to the old days, and he might have gotten a call from her to do her - and all of them - a big favor. If his was the weakest will among this group, who knows what choices he may have made. Then again, how rotten for him if he was indeed the innocent bystander caught up in all this, and had just been trying to save Rebecca.

Now where the heck is he, anyway? No follow-up story I can find from the Memphis papers.

The attorney said both siblings. Where did you get the "friend" even existed? I've seen not a shred of evidence that the brother was there just before the boy fell, either. Nor did LE ever mention planking or that any of the kids engaged in it.

The only reason I can think of that the attorney is doing this is she's hoping JS will pay her to shut up. I think what she's probably going to get is a lawsuit, imo.

That'd be a double-edged sword. This Bremner is no shrinking violet. Bet she has a few arrows in her quiver.

By the time he found her she was dead for more than 3 hours. There was no resuscitation chances there.

But when he was acting in the heat of the moment upon discovering her, he didn't know that.

or even, he may have had some kind of romantic involvements with the women, one or the other (or imagined he did). Dina might have had a hold on him going back to the old days, and he might have gotten a call from her to do her - and all of them - a big favor. If his was the weakest will among this group, who knows what choices he may have made. Then again, how rotten for him if he was indeed the innocent bystander caught up in all this, and had just been trying to save Rebecca.

Now where the heck is he, anyway? No follow-up story I can find from the Memphis papers.

If he did do it, it was pretty ballzy of him to go back to 'sleep' in the guest house, and then wake up in the morning and do the surprise,'look what I found' act and call 911. Wouldn't he expect to be the main POI at that point? I know he took a poly right at the start of the investigation. [ at least that is what I remember.?] Apparently he passed.

I am going to point out the obvious. That guy is a male. The family lawyer pointed out that while there are rare instances of males committing suicide in that manner, none are of females. He was also allegedly staging it to look like MURDER for insurance purposes.

I said similar, not exact... Similar as in hanging, gagged, hands bound, feet bound and naked outside. And like I said, most suicides do not make the main stream media as it is not a subject they wish to cover. Only the "sensational" cases make MSM. This guy because he was a census worker, Rebecca because she was the girlfriend of a multi-millionaire who happened to just also have his son suffer a tragedy resulting in his death.

I'm sure in the history of the world other women have died at their own hand in a similar fashion as Rebecca, they just didn't make the news.

That'd be a double-edged sword. This Bremner is no shrinking violet. Bet she has a few arrows in her quiver.

I just do not believe that she would be putting the siblings there and talking about planking if she did not have some kind of corroborating evidence to share.

I noticed that JS did not come out and deny or refute it so far/

I just do not believe that she would be putting the siblings there and talking about planking if she did not have some kind of corroborating evidence to share.

And why did usatoday edit the article and remove "planking?" You have to look at cashed version of the usatoday article to see that.

She could be laying a bit of a trap, if indeed Jonah is goaded into starting up a lawsuit over what the circumstances were that day. Opening the can of worms as they say. It would give her an avenue for discovery. Anyway, her defense might could be that she was just mistaken, amidst all the contrary reports out there. Although, did she say that LE explicitly told her this?

Where are all the reporters clambering outside the homes of Jonah Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, Adam Shacknai, GS, ES, Mary Zahau, Snowem Horwath, and Neil Nalepa to get a statement?

For that matter, where are Jonah Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, and Adam Shacknai? No one has had a single glimpse of any of them for two months?

The press has been, what…shackled by legal threats and Shanghaied by a PR company?

Not to be petty, but... you may want to edit.

"The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community">The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE."

If he did do it, it was pretty ballzy of him to go back to 'sleep' in the guest house, and then wake up in the morning and do the surprise,'look what I found' act and call 911. Wouldn't he expect to be the main POI at that point? I know he took a poly right at the start of the investigation. [ at least that is what I remember.?] Apparently he passed.

And if he did it, why would he admit to LE that Rebecca had been gagged? The shirt IMO, was used by Rebecca to stifle her screams and/or prevent her from biting her tongue. Adam is not involved, he's just the unfortunate soul who will live with the image of her hanging dead from that rope. MOO

And if he did it, why would he admit to LE that Rebecca had been gagged? The shirt IMO, was used by Rebecca to stifle her screams and/or prevent her from biting her tongue. Adam is not involved, he's just the unfortunate soul who will live with the image of her hanging dead from that rope. MOO

Someone who is hanged can not scream. The rope around the neck will prevent screaming.

:seeya:
Not to be petty, but... you may want to edit.

"The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community">The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE."

don't want to be petty either but you need to edit out minor names
in your "quote" also

Someone who is hanged can not scream. The rope around the neck will prevent screaming.

She could have certainly let out a scream going over the balcony and on the way down. Also death is not always immediate in a hanging with convulsions commonly occurring, which can be noisy and attract unwanted attention if she was intent of completing her suicide and didn't want to be immediately found & rescued.

I said friend because I was not sure if it was both siblings or a sibling and a friend. The only person I previously heard about being there at all was GS. So I went with her and and 'friend' because I do not know about the brother for sure. I never heard him mentioned as being there before.

The attorney for the family is the one saying planking. Again, I am going to assume that either RN or the 13 yr old niece were the ones who reported that possibility. It did not come out of nowhere.

I am a huge supporter of LE. My son is actively trying to join the police force. But that does not mean that they always get every report and every investigation 100% right, nor do they always report every single detail that they know.

The attorney for the Z family has no reason to involve herself into the investigation of Maxie's death. She would not have access to any LE notes. If RN's niece is telling her the siblings were involved and so was planking, I'm betting that's news to LE and to the siblings. It doesn't remotely match LE's theory of Max's fall. I doubt it matches to the "shower" story or to the evidence of where the siblings were located at the time of Maxie's fall. So all that lawyer is accomplishing is making either herself or the sister look like a liar. The family could file a wrongful death action against her and RN's estate and maybe they will. I wouldn't tolerate such accusations directed at my kids.

To lob accusations about murder or planking or anything else, I think it always is helpful to have a basis of facts to support the serious accusations. LE didn't say anything about planking or note the siblings were present but they did note that they, and only they, would be the source of information.

I can't conclude the ME, the Sheriff and the other LE agencies all failed to get this case right. I believe they have more integrity than any lawyer spinning on tv and pretending it's all about justice. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500