CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, that is an automatic response, to pull your hair out from something.

I have had long hair for years...until about 6 months ago...and I STILL pull my "no longer existant" hair out from something....

As you can imagine, I probably look pretty damn silly doing it!!! :great:

The outrageous part to me is that LE saw fit not to mention this torrent of additional information that's been pouring out. Do you find every last bit of information that we've come to know in the 4 days since the presentation as irrelevant to the case? It just seems to defy logic when you look back at that very circumscribed presentation of cherry-picked facts that went into the show last Friday.

And I didn't see any of it, but did I hear on HLN tonight that the news conference actually lasted two hours????

I have had long hair for years...until about 6 months ago...and I STILL pull my "no longer existant" hair out from something....

As you can imagine, I probably look pretty damn silly doing it!!! :great:

:great:lol, automatic response and I do it when I cut my hair also.

Not everything has to be an explosive bombshell- there's enough here to look at. I don't know that she's doing it maliciously and again, I see what she's trying to do, but some restraint may be necessary (oh geez, no pun intended).

No worries, we won't get hung up on that.........

:innocent:

If JS didn't want her in the main house then why didn't she tell AS she was going to stay in the guest house?

As for feeling alone, if she was suicidal, what did she need company for?

I don't think Adam was compelled to tell LE that Jonah didn't want Rebecca staying in the main house. What he said was truthful he retired at 8PM and last saw her in the main house. He did not say he saw her sleeping in the main house. He didn't add any further information and apparently as far as we know LE didn't inquire about the women's clothing on the floor.

Even if Jonah had told Adam to make sure that Rebecca left the main house - I'm not sure he would have been keen on stepping in as some sort of enforcer. Sounds like he really didn't want to get into the middle of it. He probably had to rush to Coronado thinking that he would be able to focus on his nephew and instead he was thrown into the middle of all this blame, anger, and controlling behavior.

I don't think she was truly suicidal until the final news came that Max would no longer be with us. I also think that up the last second before she jumped she needed and wanted company. You kill yourself because you feel that you are utterly alone and there is no way out.

Page 7 of the autopsy report:

The decedent's long hair passed between the skin of her neck and the rope ligature.

I've had long hair my entire life. It's an automatic reaction for anyone with long hair to remove their hair out from under anything restrictive (collar, purse strap, seat belt, etc.).

I don't believe Rebecca would have put a noose around her neck and left her hair underneath it.

IMO, someone else placed the noose around her ne!ck.

I thought the EXACT same thing. It is SO natural to do that. You are not alone on this thought

I agree with you there- seems to me Bremner is trying to argue Rebecca had no reason to commit suicide since she felt no guilt; in doing so she makes Rebecca come off callous and well, maybe even suspicious if she truly felt no guilt over the death of a child. I don't believe it was suicide but the only thing that gives me pause is the overwhelming guilt she must have felt over Max; I think Bremner is aware of the huge question her guilt creates and is trying to remove that thought from the public's minds even though it isn't necessarily accurate.

I don't know Bremner from a hole in the wall and have no feelings about her either way, but she does seem to be doing an awful lot of shooting from the hip here. Throwing out inaccurate or, at best, unverified information- perhaps things she's heard from one person or another but she regurgitates it all as fact. I get what she's trying to do, which is to get this tried in the court of public opinion, and by stating things that clearly go against LE's version of events, she's getting attention. But getting facts wrong just to make her point isn't going to win her a lot of fans in the end. I wish she would be a little more...cautious in her statements. Not everything has to be an explosive bombshell- there's enough here to look at. I don't know that she's doing it maliciously and again, I see what she's trying to do, but some restraint may be necessary (oh geez, no pun intended).

If memory serves me correctly, this is exactly what she was doing when she played the role of "legal analyst" during the Casey Anthony trial, as well as post-verdict, much to the anger and chagrin of case followers..... :banghead:

I personally was a bit shocked that she was retained as counsel for RS family...

And I didn't see any of it, but did I hear on HLN tonight that the news conference actually lasted two hours????

I suppose. The initial presentation was about 35 minutes maybe? The rest was the press asking some (preliminary) questions. It should be noted that the (only) Q and A time reporters were granted (case closed) happened before the press could even get a close look at all the subsequent documents and alleged facts that have leaked. A follow-up Q and A seems inevitable now, unless LE has decided to mothball this and hide in their bunker.

I agree with you there- seems to me Bremner is trying to argue Rebecca had no reason to commit suicide since she felt no guilt; in doing so she makes Rebecca come off callous and well, maybe even suspicious if she truly felt no guilt over the death of a child. I don't believe it was suicide but the only thing that gives me pause is the overwhelming guilt she must have felt over Max; I think Bremner is aware of the huge question her guilt creates and is trying to remove that thought from the public's minds even though it isn't necessarily accurate.

I don't know Bremner from a hole in the wall and have no feelings about her either way, but she does seem to be doing an awful lot of shooting from the hip here. Throwing out inaccurate or, at best, unverified information- perhaps things she's heard from one person or another but she regurgitates it all as fact. I get what she's trying to do, which is to get this tried in the court of public opinion, and by stating things that clearly go against LE's version of events, she's getting attention. But getting facts wrong just to make her point isn't going to win her a lot of fans in the end. I wish she would be a little more...cautious in her statements. Not everything has to be an explosive bombshell- there's enough here to look at. I don't know that she's doing it maliciously and again, I see what she's trying to do, but some restraint may be necessary (oh geez, no pun intended).

I am not very objective because I dislike Bremner because of her schlocky job as a spokesperson for Casey Anthony's defense team. She went on the airwaves and repeated the lies about Casey;s dad abusing her as a child, and she said some other ridiculous stuff just for the $. So I am not a fan.

[ And my dad was a defense attorney so i have loads of respect for good ones.]

But Bremner says things like " NEVER in the history of the entire WORLD..."

I mean come on, how can she possibly say that with any credibility. It is just exaggerated histrionics, imo. And there is no need for it.

And having her sister repeating over and over that she is a practicing strict Christian who would NEVER kill herself because of her religious beliefs...She was living in sin with a newly divorced man and she did get busted for shoplifting recently. So she was not taking all of her sacred vows that seriously it seems. And just because she seemed normal and fine hours earlier---it often happens just that way.

Sure, some of the facts in evidence seem hinky and I have some concerns, but I think it is unfair to accuse LE of tampering w/evidence and covering things up. It may be that they have explanations for much of this. imoo

I don't think Adam was compelled to tell LE that Jonah didn't want Rebecca staying in the main house. What he said was truthful he retired at 8PM and last saw her in the main house. He did not say he saw her sleeping in the main house. He didn't add any further information and apparently as far as we know LE didn't inquire about the women's clothing on the floor.

Even if Jonah had told Adam to make sure that Rebecca left the main house - I'm not sure he would have been keen on stepping in as some sort of enforcer. Sounds like he really didn't want to get into the middle of it. He probably had to rush to Coronado thinking that he would be able to focus on his nephew and instead he was thrown into the middle of all this blame, anger, and controlling behavior.

I don't think she was truly suicidal until the final news came that Max would no longer be with us. I also think that up the last second before she jumped she needed and wanted company. You kill yourself because you feel that you are utterly alone and there is no way out.

Just so I am straight on this issue and assumption/rumor doesn't eventually get twisted into "fact"...

Where is this statement that Jonah did not want Rebecca in the mainhouse coming from? Was this stated by Adam...or part of someone's theory that is taking on a life of its own?

Just asking...cause I am :waitasec:

Just so I am straight on this issue and assumption/rumor doesn't eventually get twisted into "fact"...

Where is this statement that Jonah did not want Rebecca in the mainhouse coming from? Was this stated by Adam...or part of someone's theory that is taking on a life of its own?

It's coming from nowhere. It's a complete speculation. Neither JS nor AS ever suggested JS did not want RN in the main house.

If memory serves me correctly, this is exactly what she was doing when she played the role of "legal analyst" during the Casey Anthony trial, as well as post-verdict, much to the anger and chagrin of case followers..... :banghead:

I personally was a bit shocked that she was retained as counsel for RS family...

I have a feeling she may have approached Rebecca's family. At this point, I think it is good the information is getting put 'out there', but I hope it doesn't backfire on them down the road.

It's just my theory - I am making a case that Rebecca was systematically isolated or punished for what occurred with Max. Kids all whisked away, dog boarded up, not allowed to be in the ICU, and now maybe not allowed to be in the main house. It's just a theory - but I think at each step of the way Rebecca felt more trapped and that the life she knew was slipping away.

I am not very objective because I dislike Bremner because of her schlocky job as a spokesperson for Casey Anthony's defense team. She went on the airwaves and repeated the lies about Casey;s dad abusing her as a child, and she said some other ridiculous stuff just for the $. So I am not a fan.

[ And my dad was a defense attorney so i have loads of respect for good ones.]

But Bremner says things like " NEVER in the history of the entire WORLD..."

I mean come on, how can she possibly say that with any credibility. It is just exaggerated histrionics, imo. And there is no need for it.

And having her sister repeating over and over that she is a practicing strict Christian who would NEVER kill herself because of her religious beliefs...She was living in sin with a newly divorced man and she did get busted for shoplifting recently. So she was not taking all of her sacred vows that seriously it seems. And just because she seemed normal and fine hours earlier---it often happens just that way.

Sure, some of the facts in evidence seem hinky and I have some concerns, but I think it is unfair to accuse LE of tampering w/evidence and covering things up. It may be that they have explanations for much of this. imoo

Just to be fair.....I have not yet read of anyone making any particular accusations against LE of tampering with evidence or covering anything up.

This forum is called WebSLEUTHS and that is one of its purposes....to clearly state various theories and plausible explanations and then sleuth out whether or not they "hold water". THis is why In My Opinion (IMO) is so important.

There are obviously MANY questions concerning the actions and statements (or lack of) of LE in this case, and it is completely within WS TOS to ponder them....

Just a friendly reminder....

Just to be fair.....I have not yet read of anyone making any particular accusations against LE of tampering with evidence or covering anything up.

This forum is called WebSLEUTHS and that is one of its purposes....to clearly state various theories and plausible explanations and then sleuth out whether or not they "hold water". THis is why In My Opinion (IMO) is so important.

There are obviously MANY questions concerning the actions and statements (or lack of) of LE in this case, and it is completely within WS TOS to ponder them....

Just a friendly reminder....

I have many questions about LE's actions or lack thereof, in this case, that's for sure. Especially with all the information from the autopsy report that came out.

Wouldn't you think that if a naked woman was found hanging in the courtyard, that a good place to start, would be to find out if the clothes in the guest house belonged to her?

These are the kinds of loose ends I am not understanding in this investigation.

From Dr. Drew Show tonight ..

We actually reached out to Jonah Shacknai for statement. He is not available because he`s with his family at present, but we were able to speak to a close source, very close to him, and the source said the following. Now, this is an exclusive comment to HLN.

"Four different independent law enforcement agencies did a thorough and complete investigation, and each concluded that Rebecca`s death was a suicide. That conclusion was based on irrefutable DNA, fingerprint, and physical footprint evidence, all of which showed that Rebecca`s death was a suicide and not a homicide."

(Now he is speaking of the knot-tying video)
PINSKY: -- because we actually have that video. We have the video of the investigators showing a demonstration.

I mean, I`m looking at this, Mary, and I think you`d have to be an expert in knot-tying and how to use ropes.

Mary, to your knowledge, did your sister have that kind of knowledge?

MARY ZAHAU, REBECCA ZAHAU`S SISTER: No. My sister does not have a knowledge of that kind. None of us really do.

We didn`t even grow up around water. So, a little bit of swimming that we know we have learned after we have been grownups. So we don`t really know that kind of rope-tying. And just the fact that they`re saying my sister came up with this ingenious idea of committing a suicide in a short time frame is beyond me.

PINSKY: Now, investigators showed a video explaining the suicide message also. Those painted in black on the guestroom door. The phrase was, "She saved him. Can you (sic) save her?"

Mary, I want to ask you, did the handwriting even look like her? And does this sound like something your sister would concoct?

ZAHAU: First, I want to clarify what it says. It says, "She saved him. Can he save her?" It`s not a "you," it`s a "he." Everything is in third person.

"And no, absolutely, that does not sound like my sister at all. And she does not even write in block. I have been digging through every writing that she has to try to compare it. Nothing she has ever written looks like that."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/06/ddhln.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member