CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like he's the webmaster of the website/guestbook so any info. he obtains might not be truthfully told to those who need to hear it, like Rose's family.
Shelli, I don't know if my opinion counts for that much, but I believe the people on the Synanon site are very nice people who have their Synanon background in common and, because of all of the bad publicity re Synanon over the years, have nobody else with which to discuss their Synanon years together. So, they come together on Mr. Farnsworth's site as a safe haven to discuss anything pertaining to Synanon or their lives there. Some were there of their own volition and others were there because their families took them there as children. However, it's my understanding that they are all good, decent people who wish no harm for anyone, let alone Rose. I think if someone knows about Rose, they will be more than glad to share any information they have. Again, that's JMHO.

I have followed this thread with great intrest. I wish I had some brilliant insight to add but unfortunitly I don't. I do have a few comments though. I think it is great that we discovered that although Synonon may have had a terrible dark side to it this sit appears to represent a postive part of the group. I am glad they are being helpful in the search for Rose. I think the roselena threads person is intresting. I do needlework. I will order something from this person if thats what is neccesary for her to answer a few questions. For whatever reason, call it a gut instinct but I feel like Rose Cole is alive. This is not something I feel often when reading about these missing person cases.

mjak

mjak ... i agree with your sentiments ... i wish i could inject some great idea or key, but i can't, i agree as well that synanon seems to have been very helpful (as helpful as they can be) with ideas on Rose. I completely understand the "secrecy" of the organization, most of us just wouldn't understand the life they lived and why....

I, too, feel that Rose is alive somewhere. I don't feel that she is in "hiding" just moved on with her life and is not willing to look back or thinks no one even cares at this point what happened to her.

I check back here everytime there is a new posting hoping something good has transpired. I keep her and her family in my thoughts. Best of luck!!

I emailed the DA's office and the victim's advocate in Genessee County to ask them to pull Rose's file from the archives. I want to know if she actually appeared in court the day the judge dismissed the charges.

The petition clearly states she appeared but it could be just a standardized form. I will post if I hear from them.

itsreenw said:
I emailed the DA's office and the victim's advocate in Genessee County to ask them to pull Rose's file from the archives. I want to know if she actually appeared in court the day the judge dismissed the charges.

The petition clearly states she appeared but it could be just a standardized form. I will post if I hear from them.
thanks itsreenw...I know this is something that we have been wondering about and discussing for some time...thanks for taking the extra steps to solve this part of the mystery.

I have been following this thread and you guys are doing a great job. I just know you are going to find Rose soon.

In the meantime, could we get a part 2 thread. This one is wayyyyy looooong.

tennessee said:
I have been following this thread and you guys are doing a great job. I just know you are going to find Rose soon.

In the meantime, could we get a part 2 thread. This one is wayyyyy looooong.
I don't know if anyone but me does this but you can set your page to load the most recent posts at the top of the page and this means it does not matter how long the thread is as you will always see the most recent posts at top. Just a thought.

christine2448 said:
thanks itsreenw...I know this is something that we have been wondering about and discussing for some time...thanks for taking the extra steps to solve this part of the mystery.
We all need to know so we can determine where our search efforts should be focused. I haven't heard anything yet. Something tells me I won't. Even after enlarging it, I can't quite make out what the other court document says. Can someone translate it for me if you can read it?

I received this email today regarding my inquiry into the petition to dismiss the charges:

this is in regard to the email that was sent to multiple advocates in our office. The advocate that works in family court was not on your list--her name is Lisa Jaworski .

I gave her a copy of the email and this was her response:

"Our office does not do runaway petitions , so we don't have any records. I was unable to pull up any court record because what is on here as file # looks like a petition # and it is no long enough to be case# and nothing comes up by name. It is possible that it was dismissed w/out anyone present. If they were unable to locate the minor for 1 year, they probably dismissed because of the age of petition and inability to locate minor. They probably don't have court records still because it was only a status offense--and would have been destroyed when she turned 17."

if you want to talk to Lisa further, her ph # is 810-257-3892.

I forwarded the info to Rose's SIL so she can contact Lisa and hopefully explain that this was not simply a runaway case.

itsreenw said:
We all need to know so we can determine where our search efforts should be focused. I haven't heard anything yet. Something tells me I won't. Even after enlarging it, I can't quite make out what the other court document says. Can someone translate it for me if you can read it?
Where is the copy...on here? I can't find it, maybe I need glasses, if that's the case, LOL, I prolly won't be able to read it either!

Itsreenw,

I don't get it, I just don't get it! The Court system in Michigan sends a juvenile 2384 miles to a drug treatment facility in California, looses her and doesn't have any records on it. She was under court order so even if she did run away from Synanon, she was in violation of the court order not just a run away.
I know that Rose's SIL is going to be in Flint,MI next week, she really needs to pay these people a visit.

Shadow205 said:
Itsreenw,

I don't get it, I just don't get it! The Court system in Michigan sends a juvenile 2384 miles to a drug treatment facility in California, looses her and doesn't have any records on it. She was under court order so even if she did run away from Synanon, she was in violation of the court order not just a run away.
I know that Rose's SIL is going to be in Flint,MI next week, she really needs to pay these people a visit.
Shadow, I don't get it either. I would have assumed that she was a ward of the court until the date she was expected to finish the inpatient treatment program she was sent to attend. I asked a Syn member what they would do if Rose ran away and was told that they wouldn't have gone looking for her they simply would've notified the court that she ran away. First of all, we know that is not true from all the accounts of beatings for those trying to leave. People who came willingly were not even allowed to leave.

So basically the court had the authority to send a child across the country (which is questionable in the first place), but if that child turns up missing, they are not legally obligated to contact LE or the parents? AND...No other charges will be filed and the court will dismiss the outstanding charges once the child turns 17?? That doesn't sound right to me.

I wonder if maybe the court did notify Rose's Dad that Rose had run away from Synanon? Maybe it was after he and her step-mom had already split up and he just didn't tell anyone. Maybe he felt like because she left the treatment program that he was washing his hands with her.

I lean more toward Synanon didn't notify the court that Rose had left right away and kept collecting the money for her. Maybe when they did finally get around to notifying them is when the chaarge was dismissed,
None of it makes any sense to me. The court sytem that sent her there should have been the one responsible with getting her back home safely. If they were unable to do that because she ran away from Synanon then at the very least they should have listed her as something not just dismiss the darn charges.

Itsreenw, thank you so much for your efforts at trying to get this matter explained or clarified. I am totally flabbergasted at how incompetence followed Rose everywhere she went. She was like a lost little girl and no one cared enough to hold anyone accountable. Not Synanon. Not the Courts. And not her father. It just breaks my heart. And because of this massive, never-ending incompetence, Rose hasn't been heard from in over 32 years. It's truly shocking.

Thank you HoT, I am shocked at the insensitive attitude of the court employee especially since they are supposed to be supportive to the victims. It seems the only thing the person that replied was concerned with was the fact that I emailed all the wrong people. Did you note the hint of rudeness??

I Rose'a SIL has the chance to go to the courthouse, pics and documents in hand so they can see this kid was a real human being!! I also sent her a link to Michigandoes.com. There is a page there for MI related cases for MP with any prior connection to MI.

Meanwhile, I found this-whaddya think?

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/115ufmi.html

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yanne...lbum?.dir=/19c3&.src=ph&.tok=ph6NLrEBbcEGxACI
http://us.f806.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us...&order=down&sort=date&=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=18
115UFMI1.jpg

Rosesmom.jpg
2.jpg

Rose's mom Jane Doe

Doe Network:
Case File 115UFMI
Unidentified White Female
  • The victim was discovered in August of 1994 in Cottrellville Township, Saint Clair County, Michigan
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1991
  • The victim had been shot at least twice, once to the head.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 30 - 50 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'6".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, short or medium length. She may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism. Symtoms may have included muscle weakness and fatigue and intestinal or urinary tract problems.
  • Dentals: She had discolored teeth with white patches visible on front teeth. This may have resulted from taking Tetracycline as a child. She may have displayed prominent upper front teeth. She had probably recieved none or very little dental care since childhood. Oral hygiene was generally poor.
Case History
The victim was located in an abandoned farmhouse in Cottrellville Township, Michigan in August of 1994.

There is a resemblance to Rose's mom and the doe...IMO.

I am guessing that the bolded items things that could 'fit' Rose.
Age, Height, Urinary Probs, prominent teeth and very little childhood dental care.

What about "may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism", what is this, is it heredity, can we find out, or do we know if she could have suffered from this? Did she take any form of "Tetracycline as a child"?

Would it be hard to just call and ask them to check? Maybe we would get lucky and find a great person to work with us like DOA cop...or maybe we could contact DOA cop and have him check it out? He may be able to call and get all kindsa info......get her ruled in our out quickly...is that even a possibility?

I guess Isabella has done so much, she is used to dealing with this by now and would know what steps to take.

christine2448 said:
There is a resemblance to Rose's mom and the doe...IMO.

What about "may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism", what is this, is it heredity, can we find out, or do we know if she could have suffered from this? Did she take any form of "Tetracycline as a child"?
[font=&quot]Hi, I have been lurking for a while now, and will take this time to help in what little way I can as I am not a good sleuther. I am very familiar with the medical field and DNA, though from a molecular/cell bio standpoint more than from the crime aspect. I am also well verse in molecular pharmacology. So this stuff I can help you with, which makes me happy as I can’t do any of the other stuff.

Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder where the parathyroid gland releases too much hormone into the blood. Doctors normally notice this through routine blood work that reveals too much calcium in the blood. Most cases are not hereditary, meaning no one else in the immediate family has disorder. Having said this, there is a small percentage (< 3%) that does have a close family member who also suffers from it.

While the odds are stacked against J.Doe having a family member with the same disorder, it is not unlikely.

Also, tetracycline is/was often given in bacterial infections. I think you would have a hard time finding a child from that time period, or this one for that matter who didn’t take it. It is/was a very inexpensive antibiotic. One important thing to mention is that this antibiotic was given quite a bit for the treatment of acne.

Kate
[/font]

Welcome, Kate, to WS and more particularly to Rose's case. Thanks so much for your input re hyperparathyroidism and tetracycline. Don't feel like you have to be a sleuther to participate... your opinion is as welcome as anyone's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA