CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

Timing could work but I thought I read somewhere that Rose was fairly tall. This Doe is 5'-5'4
I think I saw where they said she was probably tall since her brothers are. My dad is 6'2", mom is 5'8", brothers are 6'4" and 6'1" and I'm 5'3".

There may have been a post I missed saying she was for sure taller than 5'4" though. I just thought I read that she probably was.

I think in the first thread, there were former SA members who remembered her being tall.

I know this is across the entire country, but the sketch of this doe looks a lot like Rose to me.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html
She does resemble Rose. Did you contact the reporting agency?

I haven't been here in a while. I am FB friends with Rose's sister in law. I sent her a message asking if they were still looking for Rose. She didn't respond. I'll send another message. It's been several months

I haven't been here in a while. I am FB friends with Rose's sister in law. I sent her a message asking if they were still looking for Rose. She didn't respond. I'll send another message. It's been several months

If you are able to make contact, that would be great! I'd really love to know if they learned anything about if Rose made it back to Michigan for real for her court date or if she really did call her father in the late 70s as the third wife claimed.

IMO, Rose is still alive and is living 'under the radar,' so to speak.
I hope there is resolution to this case.

Did Rose's sister-in-law ever reply to your message?

Hi, I'm just now seeing this, sorry. I didn't report it as I showed a few others who told me they thought I was crazy and they didn't think it resembled her at all. I still think it's a long shot, but personally believe the sketch resembles her quite a bit. Weirder things have happened.

I was going to report it tomorrow, but after looking, it appears that I'd have to call, and I have a very loud, wild 3 year old and a 3 month old. I don't see any email options for the Jane Doe or Rose...but have heard of people emailing in. Hmmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

First I have to say that I have no new information on this case. I don’t want anyone to get excited because I am posting here.

I have just recently started to read the posts about this case. It is such a sad story. This poor girl sent thousands of miles from home at such a young, tender age. Her father wants nothing to do with her. Nowhere to go but to live on the streets. San Francisco area at that time was a very dangerous place to be homeless. You had all the wackos out and about trolling for young run-aways teens. The Charles Manson types and the Ted Bundy types just to name a few.

I truly hope that Rose was able to survive and overcome this terrible period in her life. I hope that she is out there somewhere living a happy and full-filling life. Not even aware that she is listed as a lost or missing person. She is probably married using her husband’s name, which is why searches for her are coming up empty. Or she could have changed her identity it was a lot easier to do in the days before picture IDs.

It's so disheartening to see there is no resolution in this case. Where are you, Rose?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

What would rose look like today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hi I am new-ish here and finally read through the thread. What a sad story. I wonder, did anyone hear any further from the family members?

Kat.

I looked in upon this thread thinking that there was a update, and sadly there isn't. I agree that this is a very sad story and since reading about Rose a year or so ago, I find myself often wondering whatever became of her. I hope that Rose is happy wherever she is.

New to this thread, I have not read most the thread(s).

I came here as I was looking at a Jane Doe found in LA county, near the Hollywood Hills. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/584ufca.html

It brought me to Rose Lena Cole and to here. Do we have any clue at what Rose Lena Cole was wearing when she disappeared?

Interestingly the Jane Doe had a tooth extracted 4 months prior to death and 6 months prior to death. I have read that Synanon did physically abuse children and it seems odd to me that a dentist would take two teeth out in a 2 month interval. The Jane Doe did match up in characteristics with Rose Lena Cole. Maybe Cole tried to hitchhike to LA? Would like your opinion.

Welcome to the thread.

On your question of what she might have been wearing, there's no way to know as there is no real way to know exactly when she left beyond a few letters she sent. Regarding a possible move to LA, anything is possible, but again, those letters indicate she stayed in the San Francisco area for awhile.

I haven't been here in ages, and just happened to be revisiting some cases today.

Quite some time ago, I purchased a book that contained interviews of Chinatown in the early 1970's. I really thought it was going to be helpful, as I found in the 1973 city directory that almost all of the Chinatown residents at that time were Chinese. I figured Rose might have stood out while living there.

I had difficulty locating most of the names, it seems the older generations tend not to be online. I tried contacting a few but was not sure if I had the right people and never got any reply. I also contacted a Chinatown Historical Society sort of website and asked if they could recommend anyone I could talk to, they did not respond either.

I did a google street view and went around Chinatown and really didn't see any big house like Rose had described. It's mostly apartment buildings or apartments that are above the storefronts.

There were a couple listings for "benevolent society" or "benevolent association" (I forget which) in the city directory that seemed to house a very large number of people, but all of the people had Chinese names. Perhaps these were some sort of homeless shelters in a large building and could be what Rose was referring to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back