CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

Thanks Shadow. So does Uncle Joseph live in CA or MI? Did he say where he lived back then? That is really odd that he was the beneficiary if they hadn't talked for years prior to JJ's death. Isa, who contacted him about the death, do you know? There is no easy way to say this, but have Rose's brothers ever suspected their dad had anything to do with Rose not coming home?

I am sorry if I offend anyone but I find their father's actions peculiar and somewhat suspicious. I can understand the father being embarrassed by Rose's drug problem and not mentioning that she was in a drug treatment program.

HOWEVER, when she went missing, there is no way he simply forgot to mention the fact that Rose was 3000 miles away and had sent letters begging to come home. No way would a father NOT have leaped over mountains to get his daughter home no matter what disciplinary problems she had prior to Syn. He never contacted the police to our knowledge. No MP reports filed. He intercepted Rose's letters to her brothers, which to me indicates he wanted them to feel that she abandoned them. She begs for forgiveness and another chance to come home. She says she is on the run, homeless and in need of medical care and she says she is hiding from Syn members but he finds no cause for alarm? He still believe she simply ran away? I believe there are some family secrets that have not been mentioned. I dont want to pry but if we are going to search for Rose we need ALL the info that might be pertinent to the case.

I think we need to ask the questions that nobody wants to ask.

I didn't ask Uncle Joseph how long he had been living in CA however I did mention that we thought maybe since he was there that Rose might have contacted him. I assume that he was there at the time that Rose was in Synanon. The conversation was rather strained to be honest with you. He seemed very uncomfortable with me asking questions about the family. I thought that the statement about Jesse Joseph being "reluctant" to talk about his kids was rather odd too.
I have mentioned it before but I'll bring it up again. We really need to know if Rose made it back to MI for that court hearing. If she did then something happened to her in MI. The whole family had moved away by that time. Her Father, Jesse Joseph was the only one left there.
I still think that it would be helpfull to find out how many other kids were sent to Synanon by the judicial system in MI too. Did they all make it back home? Would an add in the paper looking for anyone who was sent there be helpful? When the reporter seemed interested in doing a story on Rose, I was hoping that it would stirr up someone else who might have been sent there also. Maybe I'll try and contact here again but she seemed to loose interest when she found out that there was no family living in Flint.

I found a possible link to another place she could have been sucked into

http://www.rickross.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

It appears that there was an offshoot called CEDU, that supposedly was not confrontational. Mark Hughes, founder of Herbalife, attended it.

If Rose stayed in California, I wonder if it is possible that she got sucked into CEDU?

Some more info on Synanon:
http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/synanon.html

I wonder if Deborah Swisher knows anything about Rose?
http://www.rickross.com/reference/synanon/synanon4.html

As much as I hate to even bring this up, if Jesse Joseph lived there alone, I think it may be a good idea to go over the layout of the house to see if Rose may have been buried there. My apologies to the Cole family but we can leave no stone unturned. .

Hiya everyone :)

I would like to put a page about Rose on the new Wiki site for the missing....Wiki is one of my absolute favorite sites (you know, wiki encyclopedia) and they are now working on this new 'section'...devoted to a database for the missing.

If it's OK with everyone...I will start putting it together...unless someone else wants to volunteer to tackle it.

Let me know....(I am working on several)

http://72.41.66.103/index.php/Main_Page

christine2448 said:

I would like to put a page about Rose on the new Wiki site for the missing....Wiki is one of my absolute favorite sites (you know, wiki encyclopedia) and they are now working on this new 'section'...devoted to a database for the missing.

If it's OK with everyone...I will start putting it together...unless someone else wants to volunteer to tackle it.

Great idea!! I like wiki too. If it's ok with Isa and the family, I will be glad to help if you need it.

I am hoping to give it my full attention this weekend...I am working on a few other cases at the same time to put up on the site. I'd like to get it done with hopes that maybe it could maybe reach someone that wouldn't otherwise see Rose's story/pictures.

Thanks for asking :)

itsreenw said:
Great idea!! I like wiki too. If it's ok with Isa and the family, I will be glad to help if you need it.
Thanks itsreenw...I may PM you for help in gathering some info, mostly links if your offer still stands. I am hoping to give my wiki projects some good attention this weekend and will have a better idea of what I may need assistance with...right now seems like the most time consuming thing is going to be gathering a list of links about Rose.....I'll let you know over the weekend.

Thanks!

Oh dang....I don't even remember if I asked ISA's permission....Isabella????

I have talked to so many people the last couple of weeks about the wiki site and have lost track of who I spoke to. Let me go and double check my PM's.

EDIT AFTER CHECKING PM'S....I can't find where ISA and I discussed this, I just PM'd h er asking for permission ;) I'm such a scatter brain sometimes!!!!

Christine, while we are waiting for Isa's ok I will start gathering a list of links related to Rose like her blog site, her WS forum, I added her to a name data base for people that attended school in Flint, too. I'll get the link to Synanon, etc...things that I know you will add on Wiki. I'll email what I come up with.

Let me know if you need any additional help, Reen and Christine. While I can't speak for Isabela, and definitely want her to give her approval, I feel certain she will be very pleased to have any information out there that may ultimately lead to locating Rose. Thanks to both of you for your great ideas.

christine2448 said:

Hey Christine,

I thought that Isabel already had Rose listed there but I checked and didn't find her. Hmmmm,what site did she list her at? Anyone remember? I remember that I sent her the link but I don't remember what site it was.

I just realized this site is Wiki Missing Abducted....I wonder if it would still be OK to post her on there?

I had intentions of doing everything this weekend, but the site is not working correctly :(

This thread caught my eye because my married name is Cole and my husband's family is from Flint MI. I asked my MIL if she knew any of these people and she said no but that there was another Cole family that lived near by in the 70's and the family was mean and rude, the father was the worst. A drunk I guess. I don't know if this is anything but I figured I would throw it out there.

Isa, ask your husband if he knows of the Coles that lived in MI in the 70's, Travis or Glady.

SpongeBathHotPants said:
This thread caught my eye because my married name is Cole and my husband's family is from Flint MI. I asked my MIL if she knew any of these people and she said no but that there was another Cole family that lived near by in the 70's and the family was mean and rude, the father was the worst. A drunk I guess. I don't know if this is anything but I figured I would throw it out there.

Isa, ask your husband if he knows of the Coles that lived in MI in the 70's, Travis or Glady.

Hiya SpongeBathHotPants......WOW, small world!

Yeah, I agree. The reason they met was because my husband's great uncle went missing in the 40's and they never found him so one day my MIL was driving down the road and a man rear ended her and said his name was Kenneth Cole (the uncle and my husband's name and no it isn't the designer) and she asked if he was her missing uncle in law and he make a rude comment so she gave my FIL the info and he and a cop buddy went to check them out and that is how they found out about how mean and rude they were.

So hey, if anyone finds a Kenneth Cole that went missing in the 40's from MI let me know. There is a $100.00 reward. LOL

I am so behind on reading e-mails is unbelievable. As many of you know, I took a week off to go to Michigan. It has been almost 3 weeks and I am behind on everything, work, Rose, my last contract administration class! Ugh!!!

Regarding Rose, HURRRRRAAAAYYYYY!!!! I received a call yesterday from NCMC regarding DNA. The lady who call me is contacting Madison police department. Her plan is to send the DNA kit to them and have them contact us for a cheek swap. I warned her about my beloved supporters her in Madcity ;) I already told her of the back up plan. If they give her any trouble I have my sister's friend husband, a cop from a city nearby willing to help out. She said that she will call me to let me know if Madison is going to do it or if we need to go with plan B.

I am so very excited! She also said that once DNA is collected it will take about 2 months to get results. In addition they do both DNA test, father and mother side.

Thank you so much for all your help and support!!!! Isabela
:woohoo: :woohoo:

DNA test is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00 AM Central time!!! We are so much closer! A bit scary. . .mixed feelings. . .No hits, we are back on square one. A hit. . .Agh!! :eek:

We will not know for a while. . .Isa

Thanks for letting us know, Isabela! And congratulations... it's been a long time coming. Let us know when you hear something.

Someone refresh my memory please. Is the DNA going to be tested against the California Jane Doe that doacop was working with us on?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back