Identified! CA - San Diego, WhtFem 547UFCA, 20s, may be from Arkansas, Jan'00 - Nicole Weis

Did April ever get submitted the more I know about her case it the more it fits ?

It looks like she's still not on NamUs?
I'm wondering if she had a tattoo or a distinctive birthmark on her left calf, considering it says: "Both of her hands and a portion of her left calf were missing, presumably cut off by the suspect to prevent authorities from identifying her."

It looks like she's still not on NamUs?
I'm wondering if she had a tattoo or a distinctive birthmark on her left calf, considering it says: "Both of her hands and a portion of her left calf were missing, presumably cut off by the suspect to prevent authorities from identifying her."
That's my guess. Or a scar...

Bump! Interesting case. My parents live near the church where the UID was found. So creepy!
Was April Wiss ever submitted? Where did the info that "she was slated to testify in a criminal trial" come from? Could she have been killed to prevent her testimony?
I wonder what made the San Diego PD think that the UID was from Arkansas? I note that Kansas is pretty close to Arkansas.
CherBearSTL got it from here..
april_susanne_wiss_6.jpg

April Susanne Wiss – The Charley Project

"April was scheduled to testify in a felony statutory rape trial two days after her disappearance. Her mother stated she was unhappy about having to testify, but had agreed to do so. Authorities do not know if her disappearance is connected to the trial or if other factors are involved in her case."

"Her mother said April was happy with the new living arrangement, but she had often spoken of wanting to go to California. April's mother theorizes she was abducted and possibly became a victim of human trafficking. Her case remains unsolved."

"She has three black dots tattooed on her right hand between the base of her thumb and wrist. April has several scars underneath her right pinky finger, scars on her left hand, freckles and dimples on her cheeks, a scar on her right wrist and a scar near her left wrist."

* Still waiting to see if someone turned this in as it is an interesting match potential. If not, I have no issue doing it.. i'll check back later this week..

I don't understand. It says "resolved." How can we ever find out who this person was? Shouldn't this be public information since it seemed to be a crime (person on fire, etc)?

Sleuthers!! I follow San Diego Police Department on Facebook. They are going to share the resolution to this cold case tomorrow, September 30, at 9AM Pacific! It says, "The full episode will be on Facebook." I won't be able to watch live, so hopefully they will make it into a podcast.

OK, I was confused... September 30 is today! So, the answer is now in a Facebook video post from San Diego Police Dept! Cold Case Episode 3. The now-identified woman's name is Nicole Weiss (spelling?), age 20, born and raised in Michigan. They found her with the help of a genetic genealogist, Barbara Rae Venter (sp?).

Thru DNA, they first found a biological half brother, Glen Stevenson, who was "adopted out of Michigan" and searching for family. They learned that Glen's biological father was deceased. However, they were able to identify another child of the same father, Kimberly Beach. When law enforcement interviewed Kimberly, she stated that her family had lost contact with her younger sister since the late 1990s. However, they think she had moved to Los Angeles. Kimberly was a sibling match for this Jane Doe. Thus, she has her identity back. It sounds like Nicole may never have been reported as a missing person, but I am not sure about that part.

San Diego Police ID Woman In 22-Year Cold Case

SAN DIEGO, CA — Investigators are seeking the public's help Thursday to generate leads in a 22-year-old case involving the death of a woman who remained unidentified until last year.

On Jan. 24, 2000, San Diego Fire Department firefighters found the body of 21-year-old Nicole Weis wrapped in burning cardboard secured with a rope in the parking lot of the College Avenue Baptist Church, 4747 College Ave., according to the San Diego Police Department.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back