Weight 110 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found June 19, 1979
NamUs Case Created September 12, 2009
Location Found Map
Location San Francisco, California
County San Francisco County
Circumstances of Recovery The subject was found by a man and his friends buried in the sand at Ocean Beach opposite of 1740 lower Great Highway. The subject was covered by about one foot of sand.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features
Tattoos - hard to see due to decomposition. On the right deltoid: partial name consisting of the letters "ANDY" underneath which there is a modified H-type burn. On the top of the wrist: A small 5-point star. Left scapular region: red heart through which there is a white banner with the letters "LIZ"

Cross-referencing to Kevin Murray's case added to Namus yesterday www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-kevin-murray-18-san-francisco-june-17-1979.536224/

I wonder if he has been compared to www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/5860?nav

Height5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured (Kevin 5'10")
Weight110 lbs, Measured (Kevin 135lb - burns result in loss of body fluid - could this account for weight difference?)
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body Found June 19, 1979 (Kevin missing June 17)
Location Found Map
Location San Francisco, California (same)
County San Francisco County
Circumstances of Recovery The subject was found by a man and his friends buried in the sand at Ocean Beach opposite of 1740 lower Great Highway. The subject was covered by about one foot of sand.
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown (same)
Tattoos are hard to see due to decomposition. On the right deltoid: partial name consisting of the letters "ANDY" underneath which there is a modified H-type burn. On the top of the wrist: A small 5-point star. Left scapular region: red heart through which there is a white banner with the letters "LIZ" (no tattoos mentioned for Kevin; but we have seen that old files transcribed into Namus are not always fully complete).

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Randy Doran was added to NAMUS recently, and very strongly reminds me of this doe. He has no listed tattoos, but it's possible that family members weren't aware of any.
He’s got a Facebook page that I happened to find. It tells a lot more about him and his disappearance. After reading some of the stuff on there, I think it’s probably not him. He’s described there as being above average as far as weight goes and has a strong muscular build. So, 110 lbs. doesn’t seem to fit that. Although, I really wish there was even a rough PMI listed for the UID...110 lbs. is extremely thin for anyone that tall. It states that he had no tattoos at the time of his disappearance. He could have gotten those since his family last saw him. Again, that’s where a PMI would be nice to have.

I couldn’t think of what “Andy” could be since it says that was just a part of a name. Randy makes perfect sense. I don’t think it’d hurt to submit.

Find Randy Stewart Doran- Marine Vet Missing Since the Late 1970's

He was unclothed and had been shot in the chest 3 times. They estimated he’d been buried there for several weeks.

Last edited:
No public MP profile that could be a match was removed recently. I checked the profiles for men who went missing before 1980 and I only found 3 that were removed in the past 7 months, and I don’t think any of them could match.

I attached the list, not sure if it’s big enough to be legible. All of them have threads on WS.

Male MPs 70s.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back