GUILTY CA - Sandra Coke, 50, Oakland, 4 Aug 2013

http://www.thereporter.com/breaking...rch-vallejo-fairgrounds-missing-oakland-woman

Local and federal investigators searching for a missing Oakland woman confirmed today that they have found a woman's body on the west side of Interstate 80 in Vacaville, across from Lagoon Valley Park.

As a result, the Cherry Glen extension near New Life Church has been closed to through traffic.

The body has not yet been identified, but earlier today, police moved their search from the Solano County Fairgrounds in Vallejo to Lagoon Valley Park.

is it Coke or Cooke?

ETA: her name is spelled both ways in the same freakin article. GRRRR!!! journalistic integrity? who has time?!

:( bad news for sure

OMG, that's close to where the authorities have been looking since last night. So senseless and so sad. RIP beautiful Sandra. Prayers to her sister and daughter.

And the POI?

Alana is a "person of interest" in Coke's disappearance, and investigators spoke to him after he was arrested Tuesday morning for violating the terms of his parole. Alana has a lengthy criminal history, including convictions for kidnapping and rape, a murder charge for which he was eventually acquitted, and a no-contest plea in a fatal prison stabbing.
Alana only recently finished serving an extended prison sentence for a 1997 robbery, which landed him in prison until June 2012 because it was a third-strike offense, according to court documents.
Jail records indicate Alana was being held without bail Friday morning at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin. He is considered a high-risk offender, according to a state-run sex offender registry which lists undated convictions for two counts of rape, kidnapping with intent to commit a sex offense and oral copulation, and notes that he has been in violation of registration requirements since June 11.

And California has been ordered to release another 10,000 prisoners by the end of 2013.

By Erin Ivie, Bay Area News Group
Posted: 08/09/2013 08:02:19 AM PDT | Updated: 67 min. ago
VACAVILLE-- Investigators searching for missing Oakland resident Sandra Coke found a woman's body across from a popular Vacaville park on Friday afternoon, possibly ending a brief, but bizarre missing persons case linking the Death Row inmate defense investigator with a man charged with two murders whom she dated briefly two decades ago.
The body was discovered just after 2 p.m. across from the Cherry Glen Road extension outside Lagoon Valley Park, which can be seen from Interstate 80. While the body has not been confirmed as that of Sandra Coke, Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said late Friday morning that developments in the search shifted their focus to the Vacaville park. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_23828918/

I'm so freaking angry right now. This lady was trying to do all the right things in life - in a helping profession, obviously cared loads about her pet, raising her daughter, trying to reach out to an ex. in need. She seems like a stellar person and some took her from the world, from her daughter and family. And prior to this, she was victimized and exploited several times. It's so disgustingly unfair and I'm furious.

Came here after work to make sure this got updated. I'm so sad about this ending. Good job to the investigators; they obviously knew exactly where to look. RIP Ms. Coke.

I'm so freaking angry right now. This lady was trying to do all the right things in life - in a helping profession, obviously cared loads about her pet, raising her daughter, trying to reach out to an ex. in need. She seems like a stellar person and some took her from the world, from her daughter and family. And prior to this, she was victimized and exploited several times. It's so disgustingly unfair and I'm furious.

Well said. You stole the words right from my mouth, and voiced so eloquently what most of us are thinking.

I hope her daughter has all the support she needs, I can't even imagine how she's feeling. :(

RIP Sandra. Thank you for the difference you made in so many lives while you were here. The world is a darker place now that you're gone.

I am so disgusted!!!!!!!! Poor Sandra. Her poor family. :-(

Sandra has been found deceased. Please move her thread. Please.

I know we feel sure it's Ms. Cooke that has been found but the autopsy has not been completed that I have seen to formally identify the remains. If you have a link, let me know and we'll move it over.

I know we feel sure it's Ms. Cooke that has been found but the autopsy has not been completed that I have seen to formally identify the remains. If you have a link, let me know and we'll move it over.

So sorry - didn't realize she hadn't been positively ID'd yet. Apologies.

Posted: 1:12 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013OAKLAND, Calif. —
A woman who was found dead in Vacaville on Friday has been identified as missing 50-year-old Oakland resident Sandra Coke, Oakland police said Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said at a brief news conference at police headquarters Tuesday afternoon that the department is unable to more details about the case at this point.
“We're extremely limited in the amount of information we can share with the community,” Watson said.
Coke had last been seen by her 15-year-old daughter when she left her home in the 600 block of Aileen Street in Oakland at around 8:30 p.m. on Aug. 4.
She was reported missing after she failed to return home that evening. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/opd-body-found-vacaville-sandra-coke/nZNRK/

R.I.P. I really wish I would never have to type that ever again :(

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune © Copyright 2013, Bay Area News Group
Posted: 08/17/2013 11:00:00 PM PDT | Updated: 45 min. ago
DUBLIN -- Slain federal criminal investigator Sandra Coke and career criminal Randy Alana were a loving couple who shared a home, attended church together the day she went missing and had plans to wed, Alana, the person of interest in her killing, claimed Saturday in a lengthy, exclusive jailhouse interview with this newspaper.
Speaking by telephone from behind a glass partition at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin, where he is being held on a parole violation, Alana said the pair met while she investigated a capital murder case two decades ago and started a relationship. He repeatedly denied harming Coke who disappeared Aug. 4 from Oakland. Her body was found five days later in Vacaville.Alana paints a vastly different picture of the pair's relationship than Coke's family, who have said the two briefly dated more than 20 years ago. It also begs the question why Alana received a parole stay-away order, revealed at his Friday parole hearing in Oakland, that attempted to prevent him from seeing Coke. He is accused of violating his state prison parole by having "numerous contacts" with Coke."We recently talked about getting married," said Alana, addingthat her family and friends largely did not know of his criminal past. He was charged with two separate killings in the 1980s and was paroled from a 15-year robbery sentence in June 2012.
Coke's younger sister, Tanya Coke, disputes all of Alana's claims.
"This is a man with convictions for murder and kidnapping. He was the last person seen with my sister, but claims he has nothing to do with her disappearance and killing," she said in a written statement. "He is clearly someone who thinks nothing of lying and manipulating to serve his purposes. Why would we or anyone else believe what he has to say?"
Since his release last year, Alana admits to violating his parole at least five times, sending him back to Santa Rita where deputies said Saturday morning that Coke, 50, was a "regular visitor" of Alana.
During the interview, Alana said the pair occasionally attended Harmony Missionary Baptist Church in Oakland together on Sundays, including the morning of her disappearance. Interim Harmony pastor Germaine Anderson on Saturday confirmed both Coke and Alana were "visitors" not "members" of the church. He could not confirm that they attended the Aug. 4 morning worship and said he did not know them. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_23885790/we-were-going-marry-says-person-interest-sandra

Posted: 9:48 a.m. Friday, Oct. 18, 2013 KTVU
OAKLAND, Calif. —
A murder charge was filed Friday against the former boyfriend of a federal investigator whose body was discovered in a dry Vacaville creek bed in August, prosecutors said.
Alameda County District Attorney Nancy E. O’Malley said 56-year-old Randy Alana would be charged in the August 4th murder of Sandra Coke. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/former-boyfriend-charged-sandra-coke-murder/nbRZj/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back