CA - School security guard beats & dumps wheelchair bound kid

My comment was based on the first articles. After that, they started saying it was unclear. But today, he spit first. This article doesn't say he admitted doing it first. But other articles say he admitted spitting. They've got all the video, so I'm sure it's been established what happened when by now.

From the link - BBM

School security guard Marchell Mitchell, 23, was dismissed by the school May 19 after he was caught on video beating Martinez after the student argued with the guard, slapped the guard's hand and spit on him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/petition-r...red-beating-wheelchair-teen/story?id=24007364

eta: whenever you have students supporting the actions of school security, it's a safe bet there's way more to the story, imo.

What is your point? I don't know when exactly in this sequence of events the student spit on the guard.
But video clearly shows the guard pulling the chair down, and kicking the disabled student.
What could possibly justify such behavior?

What is your point? I don't know when exactly in this sequence of events the student spit on the guard.
But video clearly shows the guard pulling the chair down, and kicking the disabled student.
What could possibly justify such behavior?

I was responding to a request from Salem. I never said it justified what happened. I just said that's what happened. He spit first before the guard hit him. Spitting is an assault, too. jmo

Being kicked in the head... Hard.. And with such hatred Is what I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not how I read that post, but ok. Yeah, it's pretty clear the guard doesn't like him at all.

I was responding to a request from Salem. I never said it justified what happened. I just said that's what happened. He spit first before the guard hit him. Spitting is an assault, too. jmo

When exactly?

After Marchell Ernest Mitchell took control of the kid's chair (his legs)? Or after the kid slapped away Marchell Ernest Mitchell's hands? Or after Marchell Ernest Mitchell handcuffed him? Or after Marchell Ernest Mitchell bent over, put his face in the kid's face and said he hoped he didn't walk for 2-3 weeks? And what came first? The beat down before the elevator, while in the elevator or after exiting the elevator?

When exactly?

eta: whenever you have students supporting the actions of school security, it's a safe bet there's way more to the story, imo.

S and BBM for focus

[modsnip].

When exactly?

After Marchell Ernest Mitchell took control of the kid's chair (his legs)? Or after the kid slapped away Marchell Ernest Mitchell's hands? Or after Marchell Ernest Mitchell handcuffed him? Or after Marchell Ernest Mitchell bent over, put his face in the kid's face and said he hoped he didn't walk for 2-3 weeks? And what came first? The beat down before the elevator, while in the elevator or after exiting the elevator?

When exactly?

I think the beat down in the elevator came first before the hall video...but after the slaps and spitting. But I don't know for sure. The school likely knows since they have the video. And the msm with the video is saying the slapping of guards and spitting came before any beating by "Marchell Ernest Mitchell." Not sure why we're using his full name except to ensure it comes up in google searches. Is that the reason?

I think the beat down in the elevator came first before the hall video...but after the slaps and spitting. But I don't know for sure. The school likely knows since they have the video. And the msm with the video is saying the slapping of guards and spitting came before any beating by "Marchell Ernest Mitchell." Not sure why we're using his full name except to ensure it comes up in google searches. Is that the reason?

As me, not as a mod, this doesn't make sense to me. I haven't seen the elevator video yet. But in the interview with the young man, he implied his hands were handcuffed before he spit, not after. So if the beat down in the elevator happened before the hallway, he was already handcuffed, and the spitting happened sometime between the 2 beatings. That's just the way I'm interpreting the situation here, based on the interview.

Salem

As me, not as a mod, this doesn't make sense to me. I haven't seen the elevator video yet. But in the interview with the young man, he implied his hands were handcuffed before he spit, not after. So if the beat down in the elevator happened before the hallway, he was already handcuffed, and the spitting happened sometime between the 2 beatings. That's just the way I'm interpreting the situation here, based on the interview.

Salem

I've seen both videos and I don't believe that his hands were handcuffed during the elevator footage. In the hallway footage, the security guard was pushing him down the hallway and leaned over the back of the wheelchair in order to be pretty much in his face. This is before the slaps to the head and is more than likely when he spit. My guess would be that he was handcuffed while in the elevator, before the hallway footage.

Moo

Salem

The msm I've seen says that "when" the spitting happened v. the physical assault by the guard was either before the physical assault or at an undetermined time in the event. The school knows since they've seen all the video and NO ONE is saying the spitting happened after the physical assault by the guard. Imo, they would be (and then some) if it were clear. And there wouldn't be any support from students, imo. If the accurate story is that the kid in the wheelchair has CP, isn't normally confined to a wheelchair and/or is a trouble maker and/or spit first at the guard, let's just tell the accurate story and judge the guard's actions from there. And back to my original point -- any school that has 23 year old guards with handcuffs has a much bigger problem than this particular incident. jmo

Salem

I'm pretty sure he wasn't handcuffed going to the elevator because after being dumped out of the chair, then kicked in the head he was dragged into the elevator, in the prone position with the chair still in the hallway. IIRC, both Mitchell and his cohort then laid on top of him. IMO, he was put in and then handcuffed to the chair while still in the elevator. Perhaps that's when he spat. Or he did it while being pushed down the hallway when Mitchell put his own face in the victims face and said what he said.

I've seen both videos and I don't believe that his hands were handcuffed during the elevator footage. In the hallway footage, the security guard was pushing him down the hallway and leaned over the back of the wheelchair in order to be pretty much in his face. This is before the slaps to the head and is more than likely when he spit. My guess would be that he was handcuffed while in the elevator, before the hallway footage.

Moo

This^

Posted: 6:48 p.m. Thursday, June 5, 2014
By Paul Chambers
KTVU.com
OAKLAND, Calif. —
Another Oakland High employee is under investigation Thursday for allegedly abusing a student after a parent reported that her special-needs teen was injured by a teacher at the school earlier this week.
Monica Carrasco told KTVU her 15-year-old daughter Jasmeen Flores -- who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair -- was at school on Tuesday when her teacher yanked her arm three times and then swore at the girl. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/new-case-alleged-student-abuse-oakland-high-employ/ngFf4/

Posted: 6:48 p.m. Thursday, June 5, 2014
By Paul Chambers
KTVU.com
OAKLAND, Calif. —
Another Oakland High employee is under investigation Thursday for allegedly abusing a student after a parent reported that her special-needs teen was injured by a teacher at the school earlier this week.
Monica Carrasco told KTVU her 15-year-old daughter Jasmeen Flores -- who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair -- was at school on Tuesday when her teacher yanked her arm three times and then swore at the girl. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/new-case-alleged-student-abuse-oakland-high-employ/ngFf4/

what a coincidence. I wonder if she'll sue....oh wait, no I don't. lol

what a coincidence. I wonder if she'll sue....oh wait, no I don't. lol
I don't think it's a coincidence. There seems to be a pattern there of intolerance for wheelchair-bound CP students [modsnip]

I don't think it's a coincidence. There seems to be a pattern there of intolerance for wheelchair-bound CP students [modsnip]

It certainly seems that way in the case of the signs students wore about spitting is a crime.

I don't know, though, about this new one. The teacher doesn't deny the incident happened but says it's an aid who did it?

Now, I can spend all day trying to guess why guard supposedly make the statements. But I think it's rather obvious student can't walk. He doesn't seem to be making any attempts to stand up when his chair is thrown to the ground.

See below:

Martinez, who has cerebral palsy, says he had been going to therapy to strengthen his legs so he could try to walk. He says when he told the guard he was in pain, the guard cursed at him.

"He tells me like that, 'I don't give a ***! I hope you don't walk for two to three weeks,'" Martinez said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/petition-circulating-support-oakland-high-security/nf93K/

See below:

Thanks. I really have been wondering why the guard said that.

When you look at that young man, he does seem like he has the potential to walk with appropriate physical therapy.

Prayers he will be successful.

Please don't discuss any donations, etc. in the threads.

Thanks,

Salem

So the guard also damaged his wheelchair previously! Good grief!!!

I seriously hope the guidance counselors work with the students that support that violent "security guard"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back