GUILTY CA - Sgt. Jan, 24, & Quiana Pietrzak, 26, murdered, Winchester, 15 Oct 2008

Oh I know! Just the lack of information on Sikes and his trial, and why he wasn't tried with the other three, that's what I meant :)

Does anyone know if Kesaun Sykes ever went on trial? It was supposed to begin the end of August but I can't find anything about it.

Somehow, I don't find that surprising.

Sadly, I don't either. This case has saddened me perhaps more than any other. This couple did everything right, they represented everything good in America. And it was all snuffed out for ... What? Stupidity.

I still can not find anything about whether Kesaun Sykes ever went to trial. Anyone in the San Diego area know?

after urinating in the courtroom, he (Sykes) was set for a mental eval (back in June I think) and you're right - zilch reported since.

He was found competant to stand trial. In fact, the court found specifically that he was faking his mental issues. His trial was supposed to follow the others trials pretty quick, but there has been nothing reported as to whether he did go to trial, what the verdict was, or if it was delayed, why.

I hate to keep bringing this case up, but am I correct that Kesaun Sykes STILL has not been brought to trial?

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...d-Wife-Quiana-Jenkins-Pietrzak-268082521.html

The trial for the last of four defendants in the 2008 murders of a Marine Corps sergeant and his wife began in Riverside County Monday.

Kesaun Kedron Sykes is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, along with special circumstance allegations of killing during the course of a robbery and other charges in the death of Iraq veteran Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife, Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26...

Sykes could face the death penalty if he is found guilty.

http://www.pe.com/articles/penalty-748633-reach-trial.html

Jurors have recommended the death penalty for the last of four Camp Pendleton Marines convicted of murdering a U.S. Marine Corps sergeant and his wife in their French Valley home in 2008.

The mothers of the victims clasped hands and exhaled deeply as the death verdicts were read Thursday afternoon in a Riverside courtroom...

Sykes' sentencing is set for Nov. 7.

Thanks OkieGranny. I had read that last article the other day as well. Its amazing that it took 6 years to get to trial for Sykes. There is no real hope of the death sentence being carried out in California, but at least the jury agreed that it is deserved.

Thanks for all the updates. I still can't believe how little attention this case got.

Just watched this on CBS's NCIS: The Cases They Can't Forget. Horrifying. 4 Marines doing this? I had always heard that Marines had the highest standards for moral fitness and intelligence, but these guys are clearly exceptions with their brutal nastiness and stupidity. It was also eye-opening as far as gang involvement by military personnel. It's a shame that two beautiful, accomplished lives were stolen by these monsters.

Just watched this on CBS's NCIS: The Cases They Can't Forget. Horrifying. 4 Marines doing this? I had always heard that Marines had the highest standards for moral fitness and intelligence, but these guys are clearly exceptions with their brutal nastiness and stupidity. It was also eye-opening as far as gang involvement by military personnel. It's a shame that two beautiful, accomplished lives were stolen by these monsters.
Hi Reasonable. This case really infuriated me. It is really mindboggling that people like this are allowed to enlist. AND to be able to continue this gang activity once in the military. I think to a large degree these guys were just (and I apologize if this offends anyone) angry that a beautiful black woman was married to a white guy. I really think that is the motivation for this crime.

Hi Reasonable. This case really infuriated me. It is really mindboggling that people like this are allowed to enlist. AND to be able to continue this gang activity once in the military. I think to a large degree these guys were just (and I apologize if this offends anyone) angry that a beautiful black woman was married to a white guy. I really think that is the motivation for this crime.
I think greed and envy made him a natural target - they envied his career success (they went after his 30K bonus, her jewelry and stole his dress uniform) and his marital success. They were already a band of thieves to begin with, but their racial hatred made things a thousand times worse. I was looking at the position of the bodies - they were so close to each other, which had to have added to their perverse thrill of hurting this man by hurting his wife. One of the many heartbreaking aspects of the story was her mother's shock that black men could do this to a black woman - for what, money? To "punish" a white man?

The show alluded to gang behavior (plus those blue bandannas). I have heard a lot about white supremacist affiliations in the armed services lately, but I never thought about other gang membership overlapping with service. Naively, I thought people who joined made protecting our fellow citizens their first priority.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back