CA - Shaylee Mejia, 16, dies after sustaining injuries in alleged high school fight, South L.A. - Los Angeles, March 2024

ifindedout

Reaction score
Cell phone video captured a violent altercation between two teen girls in a bathroom at Manual Arts High School in South Los Angeles.

The victim, Shaylee Mejia, is seen hitting her head against a stall as she falls down at one point.

The girl’s mother, Maria Juarez, is devastated and believes her daughter died as a result of that bathroom fight.

[...]
On March 5, Juarez said her daughter was involved in a school fight but did not notify her because she didn’t want to cause worry. Juarez is a housekeeper and the family’s sole provider so Mejia didn’t want her mother to lose any work hours.
[...]

Later that week, she went to a party on Saturday night [March 9] and that was the last time Juarez would see her daughter alive.

She was told her daughter had fainted at the party and was rushed to the hospital by a friend. Doctors said she suffered from a fatal hemorrhage due to brain injuries.

Mejia never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead six days later on March 15.

Ruled accidental blunt head trauma by ME's initial report.
Cellphone video of the fight at Manual Arts High School on March 5 shows Shaylee Mejia hitting her head against a bathroom stall and falling.

[...]

On Tuesday, a County of Los Angeles Medical Examiner’s initial report described the March 15 death as “accidental” and resulting from “Sequelae of blunt head trauma.”

No further notes were found on the report.

These days the fights between students seem particularly violent. So much has changed since I was in high school. Such senseless loss of life.

My grandchildren aren't old enough for school yet but it really worries me what the world will be like when they are in high school.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back