Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. The whole schedule thing is what I am asking about. Did KP normally take kids to daycare and SP picked them up? Or did they just do whatever randomly. That is the question of the day. I just want to know who saw SP last besides KP and what time/day it was.
We are all wanting to know the same things :) Also, did SP have close friends? Did she talk to or see anyone besides KP and the kids regularly? Did she have hobbies or outside interests? These details might make a difference. If I didn't text or talk to three of my kids every day, they would notice immediately. My daughter would call twice and then call my hubby. If he couldn't get me on the phone, they would be alarmed. On any given day, I'm not out of contact with a family member for more than three hours unless I have a mtg or something and then I have to tell them to not call me. So, what was said SPs routine? How well does her family know her daily activities?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have been following this a little bit but I'm not sure if those phone spoofing apps have been talked about. You can send a text to someone and make it look like it's coming from another phone. Like Spoof My Texts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I haven't wanted to post before I caught up. I don't have much to add as far as her disappearance but, I do want to add that I personally use Poshmark. I know some people in previous posts have said maybe she met up with a potential buyer but, specifically for that app, its kind of impossible. For as long as I've used the app (2-3 years now) there is no way to private message anyone, only way to communicate is through comments which are public. When you make a sale, Poshmark sends an email with your mailing label attached, at that point you then have your buyers address. The only thing slipping my mind is if the sellers address is listed as the return address or if it's Poshmark's warehouse that gets listed, Poshmark has changed it between the two a few times. If I remember correctly, it would be Poshmarks warehouse that is listed as the return address.

IMO, the whole idea of it being a person who may have purchased something from her Poshmark wouldn't really be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since LE still seems reluctant to name this a likely abduction, maybe they are just using the info they have. Maybe her phone was free of prints/dna, except for hers. Maybe her phone records provided some clues as to her recent state of mind or unusual contacts. I guess the absence of evidence could prevent them from deciding whether or not to call this disappearance an abduction. But that said, they seem to be proceeding much as they would either way, and most of the public seems to feel she was abducted, so not sure it matters how it is labeled. Jmo

So I see where this is going with people thinking it was someone she knows faking texts but if someone close to Sherri went to the trouble of faking texts, WHY would they discard the phone where it could be found? That phone has a lot more information on it than what we are being told about. LE knows if she listened to music during her run and what songs. They may even know things like the speed at which the phone traveled while she was running. I haven't seen LE doubt the story that she went running, yet so I think they have evidence she went for a run that day. JMO. I'm not sure what I believe happened to her. Still trying to weed through all these theories.

Whether for instance music was listened to that day or it was shown the phone got there by car doesn't tell you whether those circumstances were voluntary or involuntary, which LE does have more information than we do and they haven't declared that anything happened involuntarily and discounted SP being abducted.

It's the melodrama attendant upon a voluntary disappearance that makes me think it likely here.

Also, it's the Occam's Razor-friendliest of alternatives at this time. More people voluntarily go missing than are abducted, kidnapped for ransom, murdered, etc.
I don't know if it was voluntary, but to quote the Sheriff: "If this was an abduction, it's really rare."

I see. Well, LE has her phone. They know where the phone was all morning and where it was when it was sending texts. Wouldn't they also be able to tell if her phone has an app like that with prearranged texts set up? While it's possible that someone else set up the text sending-app or someone else sent a text from her house, the scenario of Sherri being gone earlier than that day means that someone had to physically move the phone from her house that morning to the place where it was found. Husband has been cleared, as they know his movements during the day. This leaves someone else who had access to the house and to manipulate the phone. I can't see a random kidnapper or even a kidnapper-for-hire hanging around the house sending texts and then movign the phone as if she was jogging to the place it was found.

So I see where this is going with people thinking it was someone she knows faking texts but if someone close to Sherri went to the trouble of faking texts, WHY would they discard the phone where it could be found? That phone has a lot more information on it than what we are being told about. LE knows if she listened to music during her run and what songs. They may even know things like the speed at which the phone traveled while she was running. I haven't seen LE doubt the story that she went running, yet so I think they have evidence she went for a run that day. JMO. I'm not sure what I believe happened to her. Still trying to weed through all these theories.

Yeah LE knows the whole story. Could be why they are not calling it an abduction.

The police know who dropped the kids off. They know her movements that day using her phone's tracking. They know who she had contact with. I'm sure they know a lot more. The family likely knows most of this, too. Neither of them feel that releasing that information will be helpful. I trust their decision. It's also the reason I lean toward voluntary or suicide.

The police know who dropped the kids off. They know her movements that day using her phone's tracking. They know who she had contact with. I'm sure they know a lot more. The family likely knows most of this, too. Neither of them feel that releasing that information will be helpful. I trust their decision. It's also the reason I lean toward voluntary or suicide.

I have a question for ya.

Why is your opinion leaning toward leaving voluntarily or suicide? I mean, if the family knows more, then why is the family thinking abduction or not leaving voluntarily, but your opinion differs from theirs? Do you feel they are in denial?

IMOO.

Logically I don't get not using the car if it was voluntary unless there is another person helping her. I guess she could walk for several miles in the woods and kill herself and not be found by now. She could hitchhike up the freeway. I just think it would be easier to get in her car and go somewhere to catch a bus, a plane, or something. But if she is or was distraught perhaps logic is not what is driving this.

LE doesn't have any better idea what happened to this woman than any of us do. Just because they have their poker face on doesn't mean they know anything significant, that would especially apply if this was a stranger on stranger abduction. This sure as hell wouldn't be the first case where LE was all wishy-washy about whether or not a person was missing voluntarily or involuntarily, only to find out some time later that the person was killed in a random crime and discarded like garbage in a bar ditch.

I repeatedly heard the same thing in those cases, "LE knows more than we do, LE knows more than we do"...............yeah, until a body is found by some third party and then all of a sudden LE loudly proclaims that a crime was committed and starts putting up yellow tape. If waiting for a body to surface is also referred to as, "knowing more than we do"..................then so be it.

Anyone else think the ransom thing is "spearheaded" by the family, but far removed from seen connected to it? This is a truly odd thing to do with a missing person, unless the family has more information they can't disclose or don't want to disclose as it'll possibly make Sherri be under a "bad light." Something she was involved with that to the general public is on the negative side (but not illegal) and thus the family doesn't want the scrutiny.

The PI from San Diego might be tied with the anonymous donor of the ransom. This whole thing might be the effort of the PI, with the family's permission and approval.

I think I'm in the voluntarily camp.

It bothers me that the husband used the find my iphone feature to find his wife's phone. Having been in relationships with controlling men, it comes off as disturbing to me. It sounds like a very controlling move, one he possibly used in the past to keep tabs on her. She may have just decided to leave a bad situation.

At the time I had a significant other who thought it was appropriate to be tracking the gps on my phone, he also had keylogging software installed on my computer, and my phone and the internet modem would be taken with him when I was left at home alone. I wasn't "allowed" to go many places, even to visit my mother at her house. I didn't have a vehicle, but I did fantasize about just driving somewhere and leaving my phone and getting the hell away without telling a soul where I was going. No one on the outside had a clue any of it was going on.

If this was voluntary or suicide LE should have found evidence of that on Papini's PC, tablet, phone etc.

Unless she was devious enough to avoid all of that or used a device not known to family, but I highly doubt it.

All signs for me point to Sherri as a loving mother that was happy and loved her children very much.

Have you seen this? [video=youtube;OMkTjO6rCyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMkTjO6rCyI[/video]

Even if LE has no idea what happened...they still know more than we do. Look at all th questions being asked over and over, i.e who dropped the kids, who picked them up, etc...they know all that plus have her phone, which we don't.

I shall bring this one over from #5. Thanks to all who contributed to my eight-item original.

I am interested to see what you think; me, I'm leaning toward 5, 6, or 7.

We of course hope the outcome is one in which the subject is found alive.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Still running, away from domesticity: voluntarily missing
.6. Jog was a red herring; she was killed beforehand*
.7. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.8. Suicide; body undiscovered
.9. Hoax
10. Murder by known person; no abduction**
11. Aliens
12. Outcome related to her alleged belief system
13. Witness protection
14. Medical event while jogging; subsequent amnesia
15. Underground for the alt.right: voluntarily missing
16. Those ubiquitous human traffickers

* murdered by inner circle privy to her actions
** murdered by acquaintance(s) or friend(s)

It seems as if she loved her life, so it is difficult for me to say with certainty that I think she voluntarily disappeared.

Perhaps she was taken by someone she knows. If that is true, then why? Would she still be alive?

If she were taken by someone she does not know, then it seems to me she would not be alive.

At this moment I think perhaps she is not alive, but I am not sure who would have taken her, if she knew that person.

So it is a toss up I guess between being deceased and knowing or not knowing her abductor. #2 and #4.

IMOO.

It bothers me that the husband used the find my iphone feature to find his wife's phone. Having been in relationships with controlling men, it comes off as disturbing to me. It sounds like a very controlling move, one he possibly used in the past to keep tabs on her. She may have just decided to leave a bad situation.

At the time I had a significant other who thought it was appropriate to be tracking the gps on my phone, he also had keylogging software installed on my computer, and my phone and the internet modem would be taken with him when I was left at home alone. I wasn't "allowed" to go many places, even to visit my mother at her house. I didn't have a vehicle, but I did fantasize about just driving somewhere and leaving my phone and getting the hell away without telling a soul where I was going. No one on the outside had a clue any of it was going on.
I think given the circumstances people would be questioning why he had not used the app. Her car is home. She has not picked up the kids at daycare hours after she usually does. She is not responding to texts. I am sure he was doing all kinds of things trying to figure this out. He is techie and she is techie. Its not like she was out with friends and he is snooping. This is a crisis. I find nothing controlling or abnormal about it.

First of all I am sorry you had to go through that.
He also had her password for HER phone. She had no privacy. It is so strange he looked up the app to find the phone instead of calling her first and checking with her family and friends. She could have been at a friends house etc. why check the app? Did he know she was not going to answer the phone? Controlling was the first thing I thought of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz