GUILTY CA - Sherri Rasmussen, 29, murdered in her Los Angeles home, 24 Feb 1986

I am just now looking into this case. I'm always a day late and a dollar short LOL.

Since Stephanie was a cop and a murder detective initially as I understand it, why didn't she just take the file knowing DNA was now available and destroy that swab? This has bugged me from the get-go. Im not saying she is innocent by any means but I wonder if the chain of command was just lost in regard to the evidence and therefore how can one be sure the swabs were not tainted or even contaminated? Could Stephanie been set up? These things just swirl around my small little mind LOL
All the evidence was “lost” except that swab and it was located in a different area. It’s very suspicious - like someone purposefully “lost” the evidence but forgot about the swab or thought it was gone too or didn’t know about it…

Wanted to post here after I just read an article about Sherri in Vanity Fair.The article is in the July 2012 edition, and is written by Mark Bowden. Titled " Solving a 23 year old cold case. " I found out that :

1. According to Sherri's father, Sherri told him that Lazarus had come to her and John's condo,unannounced, 3 different times ( that Sherri was aware of ).

2. Lazarus came to the condo one other morning,when Sherri was there alone. Usually, Sherri would leave first, and then John would leave.Sherri told her dad that she wondered if Lazarus had been coming over there in the mornings,to be with John before he went to work... This might explain why Lazarus went over there on the morning that she killed Sherri; she may have been intending to spend some time with John...but, Sherri was running late that morning...

3. According to Sherri's father, she kept asking John to tell Lazarus to stop coming over to their home...but, supposedly, he told Sherri that they should just placate Lazarus...

4. Amazingly, the article goes on to say that Lazarus and John went on vacation to Hawaii together...18 years after Sherri was murdered ... supposedly they ended their relationship while on vacation, and both then married other people...

One thing really bothers me : how did Lazarus get into the house that morning ? Was the front door left open,as LE stated ? Or had Lazarus somehow gotten hold of a key ?

Riveting article...
It is very interesting. I wonder too now if they were still hooking up… hate to think that though…
RIP Sherri, you did not deserve any of this!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back