Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading Smooth Operator's post on the last thread. Sorry SO I can't seem to make it appear here on the new one but anyyyywayyy...It was about the fact that Sierra had spent the weekend before her disappearance in Fremont helping one of her friends celebrate their birthday. Maybe it was an acquaintance from her old school along with someone from her new one. The reason I say that is that I remember Sierra tweeting something about it was weird how friends of hers in Fremont know some of her Morgan Hill classmates. I forgot the name of her new school. The Morgan Hill classmate might be aware of the foreclosure in her neighborhood and the Fremont one might be one she would trust if he/she pulled up in front of her house and "surprised" her with a ride that morning.

Just trying to think of every possible scenario. :banghead: I think I am getting a headache now.

Just fyi I am not even remotely an "insider"... just sent my info to be verified as local. I hope I didn't say something wrong (?)

melley, your boots on the ground observations have been valuable to me. I just wanted you to know that.

Just an fyi....The new iTouch has everything the iPhone has except the call features. I have the 4th gen...but I also have an iPad so hardly use iTouch anymore except for Skype sometimes and for music. When I used it more I had my twitter and Facebook accounts on it and if i posted something to social media it would say "sent from iPhone" on those social media accounts as friends would call me or write and say hey, you bought a new iPhone?

I'm not normally one to continue to go back and forth on an issue, but this is one that I feel could actually be of importance. I am not seeing how there can be any opinion about the iphone issue. The iphone and the itouch do not have the same body, not even close. In her picture from March 10 it is clearly an iphone in the picture.

Now comes the question of where did it come from? I have heard absolutely nothing verified that it was her sister's phone (her sister would have had to give it to her as they weren't living together, and then what phone would her sister be using?)

This one I find perplexing and concerning.

"School districts review parent notification policies in wake of Sierra LaMar's disappearance."

"the Morgan Hill Unified School District on Monday began notifying parents in the morning as well as evening if their children don't show up to school."

http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_20463475/parent-notification-policies-updated

I see this as the latest news in Sierra's case...

Too bad it was done sooner, but better late than never....

The other thing that would make sense is to somehow not have kids, especially young girls, have to walk and stand alone for a school bus - but how practical to change this, I don't know...

I'm not normally one to continue to go back and forth on an issue, but this is one that I feel could actually be of importance. I am not seeing how there can be any opinion about the iphone issue. The iphone and the itouch do not have the same body, not even close. In her picture from March 10 it is clearly an iphone in the picture.

Now comes the question of where did it come from? I have heard absolutely nothing verified that it was her sister's phone (her sister would have had to give it to her as they weren't living together, and then what phone would her sister be using?)

This one I find perplexing and concerning.

Friday 10 March was the weekend that Sierra spent in Fremont visiting her father and sister.

I think the simplest explanation was that Sierra was photographed holding/using her sister's iPhone.

No need to multiply iPhones when there's a simpler explanation.

"School districts review parent notification policies in wake of Sierra LaMar's disappearance."

"the Morgan Hill Unified School District on Monday began notifying parents in the morning as well as evening if their children don't show up to school."

http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_20463475/parent-notification-policies-updated

I see this as the latest news in Sierra's case...

Too bad it was done sooner, but better late than never....

The other thing that would make sense is to somehow not have kids, especially young girls, have to walk and stand alone for a school bus - but how practical to change this, I don't know...

Personally, I don't think that if Sierra's mom had read an email at say, ten o'clock, that morning that Sierra wasn't in school, it would have made a lot of difference. I doubt she would have instantly called police, and even if she had, would police had begun searching right then? And even if they had begun searching by noon or so...I think whatever happened was long over by then.

Of course the school has to change the policy now, as they did with Kyron. But not sure it would have helped in Sierra's case...JMO

Personally, I don't think that if Sierra's mom had read an email at say, ten o'clock, that morning that Sierra wasn't in school, it would have made a lot of difference. I doubt she would have instantly called police, and even if she had, would police had begun searching right then? And even if they had begun searching by noon or so...I think whatever happened was long over by then.

Of course the school has to change the policy now, as they did with Kyron. But not sure it would have helped in Sierra's case...JMO

Again with my trying to put myself in someone else's shoes.

If I had a child that NEVER, and I mean NEVER skipped school, and I was alerted at 10am my child wasn't there. I would call her phone and if there was no answer I would call the police.

If I had a child that ra.... actually. No matter what, if my child has skipped school, I'm calling the police! What right does my child have to NOT be at the ONLY place they belong?

So I see myself being the parent who checks that she or he shows up to class everyday, and makes life HELL if you ever prove untrustworthy.

I guess it's all about the parent. I have a cousin that can literally post on Facebook at 10am: "plying xbox not goi to scool today watcha gonna do". Yes, this WAS posted today. And her mom won't do a DAMN THING about it.

If my cousin goes missing... We will all just think she took off :banghead:

But that's poor parenting for you.

Again with my trying to put myself in someone else's shoes.

If I had a child that NEVER, and I mean NEVER skipped school, and I was alerted at 10am my child wasn't there. I would call her phone and if there was no answer I would call the police.

If I had a child that ra.... actually. No matter what, if my child has skipped school, I'm calling the police! What right does my child have to NOT be at the ONLY place they belong?

So I see myself being the parent who checks that she or he shows up to class everyday, and makes life HELL if you ever prove untrustworthy.

I guess it's all about the parent. I have a cousin that can literally post on Facebook at 10am: "plying xbox not goi to scool today watcha gonna do". Yes, this WAS posted today. And her mom won't do a DAMN THING about it.

If my cousin goes missing... We will all just think she took off :banghead:

But that's poor parenting for you.

I can understand being upset if your child skips school, but calling the police? That is one thing I would never think of. Not saying it is wrong, and maybe things have changed since my boys were in school, but I would not even consider it to be a police matter. I would get in my car and go find the little person and remind him of just how small they are. jmo

My point was, I am doubtful that police would have taken action that morning, if Sierra had been reported missing earlier, but might have told her mother to wait and see if she came home at the regular time...thinking she probably just blew off school for the day...JMO

I've been researching another angle that had peeked its head into our forum here. I can say with certainty that we were duped. We need to support what LE tells us and back them up. They are doing their best and have WAY MORE information than us. I may be on hiatus for a bit as I am too caught up in the Twilight Zone fallout of things with this case and generally with how people act. Best of luck to all of you. Lets all help find a missing girl. That's the only thing that matters here. Try to remember that.

Cheers and <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member