Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right up Ted Bundy's alley, actually...he looked for girls with long dark hair...
Still, seems a very unlikely place to come across one, unless he had been scoping her out for a while...

I seem to recall but cannot cite a source (maybe the Michaud/Aynesworth book) that Ted himself did not feel that long, dark hair parted in the middle were part of his selection criteria.

Ted said he wanted attractive girls and, at that point in time, most attractive girls had long hair parted in the middle. I grew up during that time period and yeah, I had hair long enough to sit on that was sometimes parted in the middle (when you have long thick hair, there's a dozen easy ways to do it and a dozen more only slightly more difficult ways). Most of my friends and all the popular girls had long hair.

In other words, it was a skew from the fashions of the period. Somewhat like the way profilers used to think that serial killers stayed within their own race. That has changed and they've realised that the reason why earlier serial killers stayed within their own race was camouflage. Until about 30 years ago, inter-racial couples attracted too much attention.

Now that the race barriers have lowered somewhat, serial killers are free to branch out.

I keep wondering if Sierra was chosen because the perp has a fixation on cheerleaders.

Who would know the house on Scheller was empty? That house is almost at the bottom of Paquita Espana. Dougherty turns into Scheller a few yards from Paquita Espana.

On the map it sure looked far away but it is very close.

Very good post and answer would be someone in and around that area.Localized abduction IMO

I seem to recall but cannot cite a source (maybe the Michaud/Aynesworth book) that Ted himself did not feel that long, dark hair parted in the middle were part of his selection criteria.

Ted said he wanted attractive girls and, at that point in time, most attractive girls had long hair parted in the middle. I grew up during that time period and yeah, I had hair long enough to sit on that was sometimes parted in the middle (when you have long thick hair, there's a dozen easy ways to do it and a dozen more only slightly more difficult ways). Most of my friends and all the popular girls had long hair.

In other words, it was a skew from the fashions of the period. Somewhat like the way profilers used to think that serial killers stayed within their own race. That has changed and they've realised that the reason why earlier serial killers stayed within their own race was camouflage. Until about 30 years ago, inter-racial couples attracted too much attention.

Now that the race barriers have lowered somewhat, serial killers are free to branch out.

I keep wondering if Sierra was chosen because the perp has a fixation on cheerleaders.

I read that it had to do with the looks of a girl who had rejected him, who had long dark hair, parted in the middle. Probably in "The Stranger Beside Me."

How many people had access to the back of 18 Paquita Espana?

I remember Sierra also posted about how her sister could tell which of her friends were "bad news" and that she was always right...wonder what kind of "bad news"?

I read that it had to do with the looks of a girl who had rejected him, who had long dark hair, parted in the middle. Probably in "The Stranger Beside Me."

It was indeed mentioned multiple times in that book, both in Anne Rule's own words and in quotes from 'experts', as I recall. Keep in mind, though, that the book, while amazingly good, displays quite a bit of the ignorance & naivete of the time period with regards to the understanding of the criminal mind in general, and serial killers specifically. There is a reason why Bundy considered her analysis of him to be simultaneously laughable & infuriating, and it wasn't just due to his outsized ego (though that was undoubtedly a large contributing factor). Thus, there is a certain amount of debate as to whether the girlfriend thing (amongst many other Bundy legends) was an accurate accounting or not.

All JMO

Just thinking out loud.:fence:

...yep, so far all evidence is within about a mile of her house.If the perp had her in the car, he headed towards the bus stop...but turned quickly in opposite direction on Palm and tossed her phone. He didn't have to head towards the bus stop though. He could have taken Scheller. So was this person decieving Sierra and letting her think he was giving her a ride to Palm and dougherty bus stop?

That means he turned left upon leaving her street. All other evidence found was to the right of her house. The phone being found on Palm means to me he was heading towards the bus stop. That would narrow the pool down considerably to a neighbor or worker giving her a lift and then changing his mind after she was in the car.

I wonder how long the house on Scheller has been empty. Do we have a address for that or did they not release it in the media.
I'm sorry if I 've repeated anything, I'm trying to do two things at once and my cat won't stay off my keyboard.

I think it was 236 Scheller. It was a foreclosure but has been taken off the market recently. I hope that is the addy. I'm going from memory and do not take enough Gingko.

Do we know if they took things from a neighbor's home, or from the yard? It is possible they found some things in the yard and just took them, to be on the safe side. JMO

Meh?

Turned off at what point? Surely it was off when they found it. Even if it was fully charged on the 16th, they found it a day and a half later. If the tossing out the window didn't power it off (which it does my Android - just a simple drop usually does), the time lapse surely did. I'm just wondering when it stopped pinging, and if the GPS was turned on - where.

As far as the purse goes, wasn't the shed just on one particular side of the road?
Cardoza said the cell phone was dead during the late local newscast on March 16, and Marlene said the calls went straight to vm when she phoned Sierra early that evening. The cell phone was found the next day from pings. LE stated at the time that the cell phone "was tossed immediately."

When it was announced the following Thursday at a presser, Cardoza would not say on what side of the road the purse was found in response to reporters' questions, only that it was found near the corner of such and such a mile from the cell phone.

I was deducing that the cell phone was fine when Sierra left the house, and doubt the battery was drained from sitting in the field when Marleen tried to call Sierra later that same day. What I failed to consider was the phone could have been damaged from being thrown. My original thought was it seemed weird to me that Sierra would turn off her phone.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Just thinking out loud.:fence:

...yep, so far all evidence is within about a mile of her house.If the perp had her in the car, he headed towards the bus stop...but turned quickly in opposite direction on Palm and tossed her phone. He didn't have to head towards the bus stop though. He could have taken Scheller. So was this person decieving Sierra and letting her think he was giving her a ride to Palm and dougherty bus stop?

That means he turned left upon leaving her street. All other evidence found was to the right of her house. The phone being found on Palm means to me he was heading towards the bus stop. That would narrow the pool down considerably to a neighbor or worker giving her a lift and then changing his mind after she was in the car.

One mile of her house? NO.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html
The items were found Sunday at 1 p.m. near the intersection of Laguna and Santa Teresa in Morgan Hill. That is about two miles from the girl's home.

NOT in the direction of the bus stop. PHONE was found in the OPPOSITE direction of the bus stop.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-missing-california-teens-bag-with-clothing/
Investigators found Sierra’s cell phone on the side of a road in the opposite direction of her bus stop on Saturday.

NM. Going to bed. Night all.

One mile of her house? NO.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html
The items were found Sunday at 1 p.m. near the intersection of Laguna and Santa Teresa in Morgan Hill. That is about two miles from the girl's home.

NOT in the direction of the bus stop. PHONE was found in the OPPOSITE direction of the bus stop.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-missing-california-teens-bag-with-clothing/
Investigators found Sierra’s cell phone on the side of a road in the opposite direction of her bus stop on Saturday.

...as far as the phone. He left Paquita Espana and turned left on Dougherty in the direction of the bus stop @ Palm. Instead of dropping her off at the intersection, he quickly turned right heading towards Santa teresa. All the evidence is to the right of Palm. It appears to me he was heading to the bus stop and quicklly turned right.

It didn't seem very far to me at all where the items were found but I don't live there. I was on a day trip. If you say 2 miles, I'll agree.

One thing for sure, he didn't have to turn left from her street. He could have turned right directly on to Scheller. If he had turned right, he would have been on Scheller, as Dougherty becomes Scheller a few yards down when you turn right from Piquita Espana.

So right now I am thinking he was headed towards the school bus.

We will not know if Scheller house is connected to case, nor will we find out if handcuffs are. In the video you can see LE removing evidence carts from the house. What they found, if anything is up for speculation.

Dougherty ends a few yards passed Piquata Espana. It is picked up again at Laguna where the clothing and books were found. Dougherty is at the end of Laguna and there are very upscale gated homes on that one block stretch. The rest of the area is not very developed with sprinkles of old tiny houses...very rural. I had to wonder if the perp lived in one of those but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52