Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple recent articles I haven't seen linked:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...rrow-sierra-lamar-search-to-morgan-hill-area/

From above:

I'm really curious what specific information they have that makes them think this.

Another story:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...se-dive-team-searches-reservoir-for-body.html

How many times have they searched Uvas now? They are really concentrating there. This makes me think they have reason, other than by statements made to think that's where she is.

I wonder where the closest camera is to that area?

Off to go play with the map!

That is in San Jose about 2o minutes away...there is a picture of shallow clear water at a small lake. That is Atherton hidden pond about 1/2 mile from his house. I heard that the sheriffs are aware of the spot and the search teams are all over it.

"Information Hold"? Why? You have a Jane Doe sitting in a freezer and you don't provide any information to the public asking about Sierra Lamar? No, that's not at all suspicious, is it? My head is starting to hurt. I'm sure they have reasons to do what they do, but darned if I can figure it out. I still ask the same question as last night...they could definitively rule out Sierra if they compared dentals, so what gives?

As grim as this sounds, perhaps there weren't teeth available to compare to dental charts. : (

Has Anyone else noticed a girl claiming to be Antolins cousin on twitter talking to sierras friends saying he isn't guilty and hopefully he gets let go? What in the world! These poor girls.

Oh, yes. This is one of his many fake accounts. The PD already told AGT's family to stop speaking to the press. Looks like the "cousin" hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Somebody fill me in real quick. Where was this garbage can? And who called it in??

Mrsu, only know a tip came in, stated at first off the road in the woods a body was found, then it was reported the garbage can in question was in the middle of one lane.

How many times have they searched Uvas now? They are really concentrating there. This makes me think they have reason, other than by statements made to think that's where she is.

I wonder where the closest camera is to that area?

Off to go play with the map!

They have been at Uvas all week, and an earlier article stated they were told to look for *anything* that might be related to Sierra and not to look for any one thing.

Must be something to it, imo.

Does anyone know where the court reporter/neighbor of Sierra's went? It shows her twitter account as "not found".

Cottontop I have no idea but If I were her, I would be taking it down myself, she is a court reporter after all. Wouldn't want the defense to use it in any way shape or form ikwim

From your link:

Again, seems to be referencing the physical maturity of the body. Unless the victim is elderly, it seems that it would be difficult to differentiate between a fully developed 15 year old girl and a 45 year old woman if her body is as decomposed as they're saying it is.

This leads me to believe that whoever placed this trashcan here wanted to body found. Was it LITERALLY in the middle of the road? It could not have been there for three days.

I was watching the local news yesterday when this broke. The can was in a wooded area off the road a bit. The strange part is people had seen it there for about 3 days but was not called in till yesterday. Also there are houses in the area in fact one lady said her house was about 50 yards from where it was found .

Ok, people. Is it Sierra or not? You can't say it's an adult female, then say, well it's definitely not a child, but it could be a teenager, but based on age and decomposition, it's probably not Sierra.

If they knew FOR SURE that it's not Sierra, they would have said so by now. Of course, the remains may be such that they just can not tell without DNA testing, which we all know by now, takes weeks. Dental records don't take weeks and it seems to me that they could rule Sierra out by at least that one thing.

IF, it is Sierra, I can only imagine the complete chaos going on in the background, both at the coroner's office and the Santa Clara County Sheriff''s office. Can you imagine? That would definitely explain an "information hold" on the release of details!
Body found in Pleasanton trash is adult female, case being investigated as a homicide

By Kristin J. Bender and Chris De Benedetti, Contra Costa Times
Posted: 05/25/2012 08:42:45 AM PDT
Updated: 05/25/2012 04:12:40 PM PDT

Click photo to enlarge

A body was found in this trash can on Dublin Canyon Road, according to Pleasanton Police in...

Related

PLEASANTON -- Police are investigating the adult female body found in a trash can Thursday as a homicide but have not yet determined the woman's identity, police said.
On Friday morning, the Alameda County Coroner's Office completed an autopsy on the body, which was discovered at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the 11000 block of Dublin Canyon Road near Laurel Creek Drive. The black oval-shaped trash can was in some foliage on the outskirts of an upscale subdivision called The Preserve. A resident called police about the out-of-place can. It's not clear how long it had been there.
Neither autopsy results nor fingerprints have led investigators to the woman's identity, but sources said that based on decomposition, they do not believe the body is that of Sierra LaMar, a 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl missing since March 16."Our detectives who were present and observed (the autopsy), based on the physical characteristics and what they saw, believe that it is not Sierra LaMar," said Pleasanton Lt. Jeff Bretzing.The coroner has not been able to determine the age, ethnicity or cause death of the woman, but police said she has dark colored hair and was wearing pajama bottoms and an Old Navy shirt. She wore blue fingernail polish. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top...y-found-pleasanton-trash-can-appears-be-adult

This is scary, I drove through this area just two days before! I didn't notice any trash can...

Oh, yes. This is one of his many fake accounts. The PD already told AGT's family to stop speaking to the press. Looks like the "cousin" hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Quick someone get on twitter and tell the cousin the PD has said to button it ;-)

I know it is frustrating, but this is a separate case from Sierra's in a different county. Nothing will be announced until the female is identified and her next-of-kin are notified. They cannot say for sure who it is until the fingerprints are back with a match. They are asking for DMV's help. Since there are other open female-missing cases, they aren't looking for just Sierra, they have to treat all cases equally and separately. Santa Clara SO is in contact with the Alameda authorities.

Very true. I agree. It's just that first it was a female, then they don't know gender, then it's a female adult, then it's "definitely not a child", which means it could be a teenager.

Because it's close and Sierra's case is so high profile and this body found has long dark hair, it seems like the first thing would be to rule out if it's her or not.

I'm wondering, as Sierra is only 15, would she even have fingerprints on file anywhere. I know they have her DNA profile, but not sure about fingerprints.

Maybe someone more experienced would know that.

Thanks for the discussion.

This leads me to believe that whoever placed this trashcan here wanted to body found. Was it LITERALLY in the middle of the road? It could not have been there for three days.
It wasn't there on Tues. afternoon, I drove through there. I do once/week.
It is a frontage road to I-580 that runs from Castro Valley to Pleasanton. There is a little bit of housing along it, a few businesses, a ranch/rodeo, a self-storage place, but mostly it is rural. Almost hit a deer one evening who stopped in the middle of the road.

Very true. I agree. It's just that first it was a female, then they don't know gender, then it's a female adult, then it's "definitely not a child", which means it could be a teenager.

Because it's close and Sierra's case is so high profile and this body found has long dark hair, it seems like the first thing would be to rule out if it's her or not.

I'm wondering, as Sierra is only 15, would she even have fingerprints on file anywhere. I know they have her DNA profile, but not sure about fingerprints.

Maybe someone more experienced would know that.

Thanks for the discussion.

I'm sure they could pull her prints from all over her house.

Somebody fill me in real quick. Where was this garbage can? And who called it in??
Along Dublin Canyon Road in Pleasanton, a good hour away from San Jose. I think it was a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500