Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I've thought all along that whoever abducted Sierra had probably made several attempts that fizzled when there were farm workers in the fields nearby or other visible witnesses.

Sierra didn't realise there were multiple attempts because all that happened (from her point of view) was that a car drove by her. And in fact, seeing the same car/driver several times may have made him seem like a normal part of the neighbourhood.

While her tweets seem to indicate she may have been harassed by someone in a car, I don't think it's likely to have been AGT (assuming AGT is the guilty party, which seems likely to me). Unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon for female pedestrians to be verbally harassed from vehicles.

Q: could someone tell me which dates there were tweets that indicate SL was being followed or bothered by a car? Thank you

I was the one who brought up intercepting his phone data in the trailer park.

As for 'pings' - are these something that are recorded? In all the other cases I've heard of where people got caught because of their phones, it was because they stupidly made a call to someone saying, 'Oh, I'm here...' when they were actually miles away and the call went through a different cell tower. I know you can FIND a phone from the pings - how is that done? I don't know that it can be done retroactively.

However, if it can, like I also said earlier, it would be very interesting to track both of them for a while and see how many times they were in close proximity. How many days were there between the famous "Lucky" tweet and the day she disappeared? Maybe this wasn't the first time she'd spoken to him, so she did get into the car willingly. Maybe he'd driven by and teased her a few times and she wasn't afraid of him.

Because I would think that tasering a person on the street at 7:30 in the morning would be pretty risky business too.

Cell phone ping records are kept for a number of months by each cell phone carrier. So long as LE subpoenas the information within that time period, the carrier can and will turn it over.

As for risky scenarios, I think many people think like normal people rather than predators in evaluating risks.

If the Safeway attacks were AGT, then we know he had already gotten away with at least three attempts. We don't even know how many victims he stalked in Safeway parking lots only to call it off before making his move because a car pulled in or someone else came out of the store at the last second.

Q: could someone tell me which dates there were tweets that indicate SL was being followed or bothered by a car? Thank you

Feb. 23rd and then again on the 24th. On the 23rd, she says something about someone yelling things at her. And then goes on to say that they must feel safe protected in their car. One of them says she wrote the tweet as a text (which would come from a phone) and the other says "web" which would indicate a computer to me. So it's not totally clear if she was at home, but it seems like she was.

But, whoever and wherever it was, she sounded really irritated by it. It also seems possible that she may have tried yelling something back at this person(s). She calls the person(s) a coward so it seems to me like she might have yelled at the car to go away or something along those lines.

If this was AGT, I have wondered if possibly that morning she saw his car coming up the road while she was walking and went up to it to yell at him and maybe that's when he grabbed her. Who knows though! She doesn't describe the person(s) driving the car or what kind of car it was. It's also not clear if there was more than one person in the car.

Feb. 23rd and then again on the 24th. On the 23rd, she says something about someone yelling things at her. And then goes on to say that they must feel safe protected in their car. One of them says she wrote the tweet as a text (which would come from a phone) and the other says "web" which would indicate a computer to me. So it's not totally clear if she was at home, but it seems like she was.

But, whoever and wherever it was, she sounded really irritated by it. It also seems possible that she may have tried yelling something back at this person(s). She calls the person(s) a coward so it seems to me like she might have yelled at the car to go away or something along those lines.

If this was AGT, I have wondered if possibly that morning she saw his car coming up the road while she was walking and went up to it to yell at him and maybe that's when he grabbed her. Who knows though! She doesn't describe the person(s) driving the car or what kind of car it was. It's also not clear if there was more than one person in the car.
Just to clarify she said you must feel 'LUCKY' protected by steel. 'Lucky07' was also a vanity plate owned by AGT at one time. Not sure if he still was using it.

If that's the case, what do you think his motive was in the parking lot of Safeway?

I agree, that from what has been released so far by LE, there is no definate information saying that the Safeway assaults or Sierra's disappearance was sexually motivated. LE may have other information to indicate that it was but they have never stated any of the attacks were sexually motivated either. It is very clear though, that his victims were female and they were randomly chosen. This makes him a extremely dangerous predator.

He is not currently being charged with rape or sexual assault. He is being charged with murder and kidnapping. We have no information that he has any gang affiliations or any indication that this was some kind of retiation for something. The only thing I have seen come close to this is internet trolls trying to stir the pot with lies. These are people that come out of no where in high profile cases and insert themselves on social media sites claiming to be someone they are not. The trolls start unsubstantiated rumors, try to pit others against each other and generally the more havoc they create and attention they draw to themselves, the more they sit back and chuckle.

If someone would have wanted revenge on Sierras father don't you think they would target him? Besides, LE would have ruled this out early on.

The scenerios you presented have been brought up here early in the investigation. They were all considered and some here may feel that they are a possibility. The reason why I don't is because we have 3 attacks at Safeway. That means there are 3 women that can potentially identify him as their attacker and 1 in which they have DNA to prove he was. LE also has a great deal of evidence to link him to Sierra. Personnally and this is JMO, it's not important for me to know if his intent was sexual or not. It is important that I know he is off the streets and unable to harm any more females sexually or physically or both.

I am sorry that by having a different opinion than you qualifies me in your mind as someone in the same category as an internet troll. I am well aware of the silly game playing internet trolls in this case, in all of their many incarnations. I was merely offering another possibility since there seems to be a dearth of accurate information. Sometimes considering other viewpoints without quickly and narrow mindedly dismissing them leads to discussion and the possibility of new ideas and theories emerging as a result.

Tell me, what do you know about the Safeway attacks? What does anyone know? Not much. As far as I am concerned I find it hard to believe that he would jeopardize his job by attacking someone at the same place he worked. I am eagerly awaiting the Sheriff to charge him formally so we can have more information.

California Drive to Mt. Hamilton - YouTube

Using Hy. 130 and then Mt. Hamilton Road, A.G.-T. could choose from scores of drop offs. The trip according to the driver in this vid is 40 min. If he wanted to do more and use brambles, sticks & leaves for coverage, he could do that too. Searching this mountain makes a daunting prospect for any team on the ground. I wish I were a buzzard.

Thank you my twitter is having an issue at the moment ( too busy message) so i wasn't able to see her tweets before march 4th (yet- but i will)

My heart is breaking for this girl-Sierra and Mickey- and Holly- and Lauren - ( not o mention the little ones) and reading her tweets :-(....I don't know. are there any words??God Bless The victims and Sierra's family and friends too.

:-( scares me for our kids. please ..we have to teach our kids to be careful/aware and everywhere.

:please: from a loving Teacher and a Mom ( of way too many kids and step kids 2be 17-27 )

Sierra LaMar ‏
What if there was another Kony in America killling all your family&friends, whos gonna be complaining about ppl noticing & helping out then?

Just to clarify she said you must feel 'LUCKY' protected by steel. 'Lucky07' was also a vanity plate owned by AGT at one time. Not sure if he still was using it.

Yes, she said you must feel lucky, but the word 'lucky' was not emphasized in any way so not sure if there is a connection there.

One thing I also noticed is the times she wrote the tweets. I am assuming that the time it shows me is in my timezone (which is EST) so I am guessing the actual times were 3 hours prior which would put her very first tweet about the car at 2am and then the other at 5:30pm.

If she was at home for the 2am tweet, I find that to be really creepy. The 23rd and 24th of February were on a Thursday and a Friday. I know teens tend to stay up late, but 2am seems really late for a school night. And if there was a car just sitting outside her home at 2am, that is really scary. Her first tweet about the car on the 23d is the one where she states they must feel so lucky to be protected by steel. I wonder if she saw the car and went outside to say something? Because why else would she say they must feel lucky to be in their car? Was she that ballsy to go out in the middle of the night?

I am sorry that by having a different opinion than you qualifies me in your mind as someone in the same category as an internet troll. I am well aware of the silly game playing internet trolls in this case, in all of their many incarnations. I was merely offering another possibility since there seems to be a dearth of accurate information. Sometimes considering other viewpoints without quickly and narrow mindedly dismissing them leads to discussion and the possibility of new ideas and theories emerging as a result.

Tell me, what do you know about the Safeway attacks? What does anyone know? Not much. As far as I am concerned I find it hard to believe that he would jeopardize his job by attacking someone at the same place he worked. I am eagerly awaiting the Sheriff to charge him formally so we can have more information.

No!! I was not at all referring to you as a internet troll! I'm sorry if it sounded that way. The other theories that you presented were addressed here early on, before there was more infomation. As I stated, I have dismissed those now after working through them. That does not mean that there are others here that have not. I thought I made it clear that those were my opinions only. No offense intended.

It was a photo in his myspace page, there is no way to know if he owned it or not. I lean more to thinking he snapped a picture of it because it was significant to him, it looks like a cellphone picture of just the plate.

There is DNA evidence linking him to the Safeway attacks.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...sappearance-of-morgan-hill-teen-sierra-lamar/

I read the article a couple of times but, did not see where this linked him to the attacks at the Safeways.
The article says he was arrested at the Safeway where he worked also.
I didn't think he was working at Safeway at the time.

It was my understanding that the arrest was stemming from an altercation with a renter who owed his mother money and may have become beligerent with her. AGT stepped in. He wasn't convicted. Charges may have been dropped in that case.

I am curious why he was not charged for any of the Safeway crimes at any point if the had a DNA match.
I was also curious why none of the members of management, fellow employees, or regular customers thought Antolin looked anything like the wanted poster taped to the front window of the stores.

Any updates on the Uvas search today? We had some crazy hard rain for a few hours earlier.Wondering if that would stop the water search...???

What I would like to see is a local do some archive research to find the original news articles written in the Gilroy Patch back in 2009 concerning the Safeway assaults.
I'd like to see any other articles from other media as well, telling of the events back then.
As they were printed in the newspapers at the time.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...9-781f-5f41-9faf-2340d1153d9b.html?mode=story

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...s-Tied-to-2009-Assault-Sheriff-152745265.html

The man being held for the disappearance of a missing 15-year-old named Sierra LaMar is also linked to at least one 2009 assault in Morgan Hill, authorities revealed Tuesday.

Smith did not say which of the three assaults Garcia-Torres is allegedly connected with or how he is connected.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...d-killer-charged-murder-antolin-garcia-torres

Morgan Hill police say they have tied him to at least one other attack in the parking lot of the Safeway where he once worked and was arrested. They also are investigating Garcia Torres as a possible suspect in three unsolved assaults in Safeway parking lots that occurred within a seven-day period in March 2009.

Just the fact that Torres has not pleaded Not Guilty, means he is guilty of something, right? I mean, if he had nothing to do with her disappearance and murder he would have an explanation for any evidence they found. Since he is still being held, LE has some very damning evidence in addition to his DNA on her belongings and her DNA in his car. Could we be looking at Sierra's hair with the death band somewhere in all of this. That would certainly prove she was dead, right?

Still she could have died by accident? What would make LE so sure Torres "murdered" Sierra?

just wanted to clarify, i didnt see if anyone else had

since this is "murder with special circumstance", that means since sierra died during the comission of a crime (specifically a felony,kidnapping) , no matter HOW she died-it is considered murder.

How can they tell ? It was not found till that Sunday .Just throwing another thing out to discuss since it going to be quite for awhile.

Actually, her phone was found on Saturday...article from the following Monday...

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...issing-girls-cell-phone-found-half?source=rss

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which led the weekend search efforts for 15-year-old Sierra Lamar, on Monday morning confirmed the girl's cell found was discovered Saturday shortly before 7 p.m. about three-quarters of a mile from her house at Dougherty and Palm avenues, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

Having read several accounts of the 2009 incident he is being linked to, I still have a few questions.

The woman said he entered her vehicle from the rear door and hit her several times in the head with his fists. Then he hit her a few times with a taser.
I thought tasers sent out prongs that attached to the skin.
She was hit a few times in the neck with the taser.

Does that mean he fired once and pistol-whipped her with it after that?
I didn't know they reloaded that quickly and easily. To fire several times in succession.
And she wasn't unconscious?

In any case, I wondered if the woman was transported and sought medical attention. I have yet to read THAT anywhere.

Also in the many articles I came across, the manager said they had video surveillance of the lot.
I don't suppose that video showed the assailant going back to AGT car in the employee lot after running away? I know one victim said he was a white or hispanic man around 30, driving a white Honda.

It seemed strange they would have DNA from this woman's backseat to match, but not the other woman who also claimed the man entered her backseat, she removed a pocket knife from her glove box, he takes it away from her and holds it to her neck. She decides to start screaming so he runs away. No DNA from this case?

LE claims he's the guy and have his DNA to prove it and aren't charging him for the assault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth