Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart is breaking for Sierra's loved ones with having to hear all of this, but they know it must be said in order for Sierra to receive justice.

Thanks for posting all the tweets emi and others! And thanks coldpizza for the shiny new thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1h1 hour ago
Court adjourns for the day. Prosecution not done with opening statements – at Superior Court Hall of Justice

Court resumes tomorrow at 9am Pacific time

Sierra LaMar capital murder trial begins

"...Antolin Garcia-Torres, 25, has pleaded not guilty. Wearing a light gray sweater, blue collared shirt, and dark gray pants, he listened intently, quietly, and without emotion to the prosecution's opening statements...

The jury listened to a tearful 911 call Sierra’s mother made to report that her daughter was missing and she was extremely worried because she never caught her bus. The mother asked if police could send an Amber Alert.

Family members who were in court Monday began crying while listening to the 911 call. Sierra's sister, father, and mother were all in court...

The prosecution's most crucial piece of evidence is Garcia-Torres' Jetta.

Boyd said strands of Sierra's long dark hair was found on a rope inside the Jetta's trunk. And carpet fibers from the Jetta's floor mats were detected on Sierra's discarded clothing.

Boyd said the defendant took steps to cover his tracks before the abduction. Garcia-Torres worked at Safeway, and three days before Sierra vanished, he bought a gallon of bleach with his Safeway club card..."

http://www.ksbw.com/article/sierra-lamar-capital-murder-trial-begins/8655743
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheryl HurdVerified account ‏@hurd_hurd 1h1 hour ago
#SierraLaMar father says it was an emotional day for the family. Glad this day has finally come @nbcbayarea

C3dh0pRUcAEc5Hx.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 27m27 minutes ago
Sierra LaMar's father called 1st day of murder trial "an emotional, exhausting day." #SierraLaMar vanished 4 years, 10 months ago. #ktvu

C3dsGPoUMAEKH4q.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trial begins for man charged in 2012 killing of Sierra LaMar

"...Opening statements began with a prosecutor painstakingly outlining the evidence in the afternoon, but stopped at 4:30 p.m. before he could finish. The trial is slated to resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday...

“Sierra LaMar is dead. And this man,” Boyd said, pointing to Garcia-Torres seated at the defense table, “killed her.”

Steve LaMar immediately grimaced and put his head down as he sat at the front of the courtroom...

Boyd spent more than two hours reviewing the timeline of Sierra’s disappearance before time ran out, focusing on several DNA links between Sierra and Garcia-Torres discovered on her recovered belongings...

The opening statements marked the start of a trial that is expected to last until April. A packed court room of about 60 court officials, media, the victim’s family and volunteers who helped search for her filled Department 40 at the Hall of Justice.

Lamar’s parents were joined in the courtroom by Marc Klaas, who founded the child-search organization Klaas Kids Foundation after his 12-year-old daughter, Polly, was kidnapped and murdered in Petaluma in one of the most notorious cases of the 1990s.

“She’s reliving everything,” Klaas said of Sierra’s mother, Marlene LaMar. “It’s just got to be horrendous knowing she’s attending the trial for her daughter’s murder and has no idea where her remains are.”..."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/ar...killing-of-10895463.php?cmpid=twitter-premium

920x920.jpg

(Marlene LaMar, center, and Steven LaMar, right, mother and father of Sierra LaMar, walk to the Hall of Justice for opening arguments [ Photo: Mason Trinca, Special To The Chronicle] )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart is breaking for Sierra's loved ones with having to hear all of this, but they know it must be said in order for Sierra to receive justice.
Well said Oceanblueeyes. I can't imagine how hard this is on Sierra's family. The defense will try their best to misdirect the jury and point the finger at her family and Sierra herself. All that we can do is show our support for Sierra and her family by posting here. May justice be served.

@YesorNo on the photo its not Marlene

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Will there be any TV or web streams covering this?

Will there be any TV or web streams covering this?
No, there are daily summaries as well as news coverages

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
DA: Three days b4 Sierra vanished, he bought bleach + baster. Some of audience moans. DA: "What does bleach do? It removes DNA."
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
DA: All her clothing found. "How does that leave Sierra? That leaves her naked."
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
DA: "she had no reason to abandon everything she knew , loved and cared about. The Only trace of her was found in his car."

I was a juror on a home invasion trial with 5 enhancements - there are a few powerful statements that makes a juror sit upright and take notice, this is one of them.

Thanks for replying! That's too bad, I really wanted to hear what forensic scientists and witnesses said. The case got national attention, too -- I heard about it all the way in Iowa on our news station when I lived out there! Wonder why it was decided against.

@YesorNo on the photo its not Marlene

Do you know who that lady in the pic actually is?

Caption on photo shows this one as the mother, marlene LaMar
attachment.php

Sierra LaMar's mother, Marlene LaMar (L), sister Danielle (C) and father Steve (R) stand together during a news conference regarding the arrest of Antolin Garcia-Torres at the Santa Clara County Sheriff's

attachment.php

Antolin Garcia-Torres, right, appears with unidentified attorney in a Santa Clara County courtroom in San Jose, Calif., for his second court appearance Thursday, May 31, 2012. He is accused of the kidnapping

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Sierra-LaMar-reward-increases-to-35-000-3631667.php#photo-2971764

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 55
As far as I am aware the picture above is Steven's girlfriend. Marlene and Steven walked separately

Do you know who that lady in the pic actually is?

Caption on photo shows this one as the mother, marlene LaMar
attachment.php

Sierra LaMar's mother, Marlene LaMar (L), sister Danielle (C) and father Steve (R) stand together during a news conference regarding the arrest of Antolin Garcia-Torres at the Santa Clara County Sheriff's

attachment.php

Antolin Garcia-Torres, right, appears with unidentified attorney in a Santa Clara County courtroom in San Jose, Calif., for his second court appearance Thursday, May 31, 2012. He is accused of the kidnapping

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Sierra-LaMar-reward-increases-to-35-000-3631667.php#photo-2971764

on this one its actually Marlene

This is actually the family

Attachments

• marlene steve danielle.jpg
    marlene steve danielle.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online