Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting to that turning point in a case where you start to wonder if Sierra will be found and there will be a resolution, or if we will be left wondering, along with her family, a year or more from now...scary. JMO

I have a quick question directed at fellow posters who may be experts in SAR. I apologize in advance if these questions have already been raised and addressed! Does anyone know when the SAR efforts began? Also, there has been previous mention of the fact that it was raining in that area on the day that SL went missing. Is it possible that the weather conditions (rain in particular) may have complicated things for the SAR dogs? I only ask because it has been previously stated that the dogs were unable to track her scent beyond her own driveway. Thanks for listening!

I have a quick question directed at fellow posters who may be experts in SAR. I apologize in advance if these questions have already been raised and addressed! Does anyone know when the SAR efforts began? Also, there has been previous mention of the fact that it was raining in that area on the day that SL went missing. Is it possible that the weather conditions (rain in particular) may have complicated things for the SAR dogs? I only ask because it has been previously stated that the dogs were unable to track her scent beyond her own driveway. Thanks for listening!

Our verified SAR teams are on this thread for Sierra: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
^^ go here for specific ? and they can answer/help.

Quick answer would be NO... rain helps since it keeps the "scent" on the ground... per SARX earlier in the earlier threads.

Actually the light rain may have helped the scent dogs. Sarx answered that same question earlier in this thread, and the detective on scene answered it the same way. Sometimes a light rain helps 'hold the scent down' in the area for the dogs to find. But heavy winds and rain do tend to hinder the dogs, although not in this case, luckily.

I'm not SAR but...
avalanche rescue dogs can find victims in the snow...
that's pretty darn wet!
"Rain actually helps the scent. It brings the scent closer to the ground surface, keeps the search dogs nasal passages moist to help the dog retain the scent, and it will liven the scent."
http://www.k9sardog.com/usesardog.html
"avoid driving or parking vehicles near the search area. This includes squad cars. Exhaust fumes kill the scent (as does cigarette smoke.)"
http://www.scentsabilitysearchdogs.com/types-of-search-dogs--deployment.html

From the article:

Well, Pacheco Pass goes through some desolate areas and if you stay on it, you wind up on Interstate 5 or Highway 99. Hecker Pass winds up and over Mount Madonna, where there are Redwood forests and state parks...plenty of hidden, desolate areas where crimes could be committed. Also, if you stay on Hecker Pass, it will spit you out in Watsonville, which also happens to be a place that is heavily populated by the same migrant workers that work in Gilroy, Salinas, etc.

Interesting.

Sierra's disappearance brings up all my anxieties about having a daughter. A 15 year old should be able to be left to lock up a house and make a short walk to a bus stop, hell everyone should be safe enough to, we are probably all at the same logistical risk, young women are just targeted more.

I wonder if perhaps there isn't more than one person responsible, if things have appeared to come out of the car on the opposite side of the driver?

I think it might have been more than one perp as well. It would be much faster and quieter for one or more to grab her while the other was already driving away. And it would be easier to grab her and pull her into a panel truck or mini van than it would be for one person to get her into a car and subdue her without being noticed.

Well, Pacheco Pass goes through some desolate areas and if you stay on it, you wind up on Interstate 5 or Highway 99. Hecker Pass winds up and over Mount Madonna, where there are Redwood forests and state parks...plenty of hidden, desolate areas where crimes could be committed. Also, if you stay on Hecker Pass, it will spit you out in Watsonville, which also happens to be a place that is heavily populated by the same migrant workers that work in Gilroy, Salinas, etc.

Interesting.

I've pondered the same thing. Phone and purse left close by to throw off the search. I hope LE has made some progress with electronic data trails, imo unless a witness comes forward with a tip, it's our best hope of finding her.

I think it could be one person, if Sierra went willingly, and knew the person. Possibly more than one, if she did not. JMO

I've pondered the same thing. Phone and purse left close by to throw off the search. I hope LE has made some progress with electronic data trails, imo unless a witness comes forward with a tip, it's our best hope of finding her.

This is still something I am having trouble digesting.
The idea that her purse and phone throws off a search.

If this IS an alleged abduction.
The perp could have driven them off to the other side of nowhere and
never been found. Or simply left them with Sierra.

Just like in the Holly Bobo case, after a year, yeah, lunchpurse found, and a rumors of HER phone too. But, no Holly.

If her case is one in point, it does not lend itself to taunting of LE, because as far as we know, they ran out of stuff to throw out apparently.
No taunting messages to LE. So what IS the point of leaving evidence to be found?

It seems to me to point to making it seem like something it isn't.

http://theklaasact.blogspot.ca/2012/03/join-search-for-sierra-lamar.html

Join The Search for Sierra LaMar!

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKids Foundation has announced that volunteer searches will begin on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 8 a.m. The Find Sierra Search Center is located at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill, CA.

Please read here about helping with the above:
SPOTLIGHT CASE Need Help with Search For Sierra Lamar Tuesday March 27th, - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Or something that is...the perp could have been in a frenzy..

Whatever we believe, Sierra is not where she is supposed to be. A clever criminal would not have thrown the items out in public view so quickly. This appears to be somebody who was highly emotional, at least at the time. It seems to me that these clothes were extra clothing she carried. I don't think a Sweatshirt would fit in the purse with her books...a T-Shirt would.

We all have to keep in mind. That no two abductions are rarely alike unless done by the same perp IMHO.
I still think we were on to something last night with the LA thought we were kicking around.

This is still something I am having trouble digesting.
The idea that her purse and phone throws off a search.

If this IS an alleged abduction.
The perp could have driven them off to the other side of nowhere and
never been found. Or simply left them with Sierra.

Just like in the Holly Bobo case, after a year, yeah, lunchpurse found, and a rumors of HER phone too. But, no Holly.

If her case is one in point, it does not lend itself to taunting of LE, because as far as we know, they ran out of stuff to throw out apparently.
No taunting messages to LE. So what IS the point of leaving evidence to be found?

It seems to me to point to making it seem like something it isn't.

I hear ya. The cell phone, that one make sense. You need it out of the car and as fast as you can. And if you know you have none of your own incriminating messages or pictures on there, or your own fingerprints, then throwing it out in a field does not hurt you.

But I agree, the bag does not make much sense. Why not keep it with Sierra, wherever she may be? Unless you might be concerned with leaving some of your forensics on it somehow?

I don't think she was left close to where the bag or phone were found. imo they dumped those quickly and had bigger plans for her. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner