Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM: JMO ... but I would "think" that any parent who sends a child to school via the school bus -- which school bus comes for the child down the road a few blocks from the home and AFTER the parent leaves for work -- would check the school's online service every morning just to make sure their child made it to school.

:moo:
I hear you.

Hopefully all parents/guardians in the school system know about this feature (and have access to it).

RBBM: JMO ... but I would "think" that any parent who sends a child to school via the school bus -- which school bus comes for the child down the road a few blocks from the home and AFTER the parent leaves for work -- would check the school's online service every morning just to make sure their child made it to school.

Why?

Millions of kids catch the bus in remote rural areas all across the country and countless ones catch the bus alone at a particular stop and make it to school safe and sound.

Sierra has had no problems arriving safely for almost 6 months. Why would Marlene think this day would be any different?

imo

Me either. I would feel that is spying on my child when I had no reason to do so.

Now if they had a habit of skipping of course I would stay on top of their attendance.

I agree. When Marlene left for work Sierra was already up preparing to go to school so she had no reason whatsoever to think she was any other place other than school.

And even if Marlene had checked the access center that would not have saved Sierra from her abductor. By the time it was entered into the computer the kidnapper would be long gone.

IMO
Yeah, but the head start would have been almost 10 hours less. :sigh: JMO, stated in the sentiment of "oh gee, what if".

Sherbetjello, would you consider bringing that graphic & article about the Organized Perpetrator vs. the Disorganized to this thread? It is so valuable and we are not privy to much new evidence, so we can use the stimulus. In the graph, one of the characteristics & features that overlap is returning to the scene of the crime. The perpetrator may well have done that but we do not even know where harm to the victim took place. We have evidence scenes but in the strictest sense, no crime scene. Therefore, people are on the lookout for suspicious behavior wherever it takes place.

Is this the one?
http://www.irazoo.com/ViewSite.aspx?q=disorganized+offender&Page=&irp=&Site=http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/16343-an-investigators-first-step-in-violent-offender-profiling

Why would Marlene check the home access center if she thought Sierra had gone to school?

I think that would be used by a parent who was having a big problem with their kids skipping school and we have heard nothing that indicates Sierra was this type of child.

IMO

Me either. I would feel that is spying on my child when I had no reason to do so.

Now if they had a habit of skipping of course I would stay on top of their attendance.

I agree. When Marlene left for work Sierra was already up preparing to go to school so she had no reason whatsoever to think she was any other place other than school.

And even if Marlene had checked the access center that would not have saved Sierra from her abductor. By the time it was entered into the computer the kidnapper would be long gone.

IMO

If Marlene had realized in the early morning her child was not in school, she could have checked into where her child was, and law enforcement could have gotten a much earlier start in searching for Sierra.

Yeah, but the head start would have been almost 10 hours less. :sigh: JMO, stated in the sentiment of "oh gee, what if".

True but imo it would have made no difference.

As Marc Klass has said, and knows from his own tragic experience... for every minute a perp can travel one mile away from where the child was abducted. By the time it was logged in at school the perp would be miles and miles away with Sierra.

IMO

If Marlene had realized in the early morning her child was not in school, she could have checked into where her child was, and law enforcement could have gotten a much earlier start in searching for Sierra.

That may be true, but she thought Sierra was in school and she had no reason to think otherwise. And there isnt anything showing Sierra was a school skipper either or that Marlene has had prior problems with her skipping.

But it still would not have saved Sierra from her abductor. If the school updated it at around 10 am then Sierra would have been with her kidnapper for almost three hours by then and could have been 150 miles+ up the road and no one would even know which direction he went.

IMO

Why?

Millions of kids catch the bus in remote rural areas all across the country and countless ones catch the bus alone at a particular stop and make it to school safe and sound.

Sierra has had no problems arriving safely for almost 6 months. Why would Marlene think this day would be any different?

imo

Let me see if I can express what I previously posted a little more clearer :

You have a child/teenage student who has to walk a few blocks down the road from the house to catch the school bus -- keep in mind, NO ONE is walking with the student as in Sierra's case -- she is ALONE going to her bus stop.

The parent LEAVES the home BEFORE the student leaves the home and walks to the school bus stop to take her to school.

So parent goes to work ... in the meantime, the student is heading to the school bus stop a few blocks DOWN THE ROAD from the home and student walks there ALONE !

Any parent who is concerned about their child's SAFETY would check and make sure their child got to school safely -- especially when they walk alone to the school bus!

This is NOT about "skipping school" ... or "cutting classes" ...

This is plain and simple "common sense" in the DANGEROUS "day and age" we live in !

:moo::moo::moo:

Ok, at the moment I am totally blanking on who it was that so kindly went out and shot pix of the Laguna structure last week. Help!

Sarx that would be gaetanosleuth408

Ok, at the moment I am totally blanking on who it was that so kindly went out and shot pix of the Laguna structure last week. Help!

No link, but the name was .. Gaetanosleuth408

Sorry about the dupe .. but now you know

That may be true, but she thought Sierra was in school and she had no reason to think otherwise. And there isnt anything showing Sierra was a school skipper either or that Marlene has had prior problems with her skipping.

But it still would not have saved Sierra from her abductor. If the school updated it at around 10 am then Sierra would have been with her kidnapper for almost three hours by then and could have been 150 miles+ up the road and no one would even know which direction he went.

IMO

Exactly. Anyone with half of a brain would be heading south on 101 towards LA or Mexico. Maybe they live in the central coast somewhere. To me, the only thing the timing of the notifications relate to is to rule out the family. I believe the planning took 2-3 days, the perp(s) acted swiftly at the end of the driveway, and the disposal of items was relatively hap-hazard as it all falls along normal lines of travel. An individual would have disposed of her down 101 well over 100 miles in an easily accessible area (to them). A couple would likely still have her (I'm thinking male/female as 2 males are unlikely to work together)

Obviously this is all my opinion based on what I've read so far...

IMO

A prudent parent would sign up for the attendance notification via text and online real time viewing by class period.

Instead of a 2-3 hour head start the kidnapper got a 12 hour head start.

True but imo it would have made no difference.

As Marc Klass has said, and knows from his own tragic experience... for every minute a perp can travel one mile away from where the child was abducted. By the time it was logged in at school the perp would be miles and miles away with Sierra.

IMO
Like I said, my post was an "if only" sentiment, altho realistically, I can see that action could have been taken much sooner, if her school absense had been recognized sooner (common sense). :)

Hello, long time lurker, first time posting.

Just a few observations:

Sierra gave her phone number to one of her friends in a twitter post several months back. If someone was stalking her, they can do a reverse phone search and likely be able to find her address.

Also, she tweeted something to the effect of, " Its cold out here, I wish the bus would hurry up", fairly recently. That information would have given a potential stalker the information about what time she generally waited for the bus without having to drive by the area in advance.

I am not convinced it was a stalker necessarily but just throwing that out there.

My last comment is about the man who sierra had "convos" with, and posted screen shots of the conversations.
I was creeped out by the exchanges, especially when he said, "Guess who like you Sierra"?
I tried to find a twitter account with that name, but had no luck. I am certain the name is East Indian, as he appears to be.
I could not find anyone with a matching name, anywhere.
My thoughts on the exchange are based on having been a teenage girl at one point in time.
A. She was either mocking him, or was friendly enough with him that she felt she could play around with him.
B. The fact that she took screen shots of the convos and posted them in her images is something else to consider.
C. He is not listed in her followers, nor is she following him. How they know each other is not apparent.
D. When he says, " How's high school, it comes across as a question from an older person, or someone overseas. (just how it seems to me, no logic behind this really)
E. She gave the description, "Convos with S********h" in her title of the pic, which suggests someone else may know who he is or how she knows him.
None of these things indicate any necessary connection, but are good to consider.

I an East Indian, so I can assure you he's not east indian. That last name is not east indian, not sure where you got this information from?
Venkatesh is a hindu name. Don't agree, well heres a link: http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=venkatesh

This technicality doesn't have much relevance to the case, but still.
Just correcting you.

Yes she perhaps could have found out if she followed through. (meaning Marlene) but I don't see she was negligent in any form when it came to her reactions and how she was advised and when she was advised. I think she reacted as most of us would. In hindsight we can all say we could do something different to change a bad situation. But we cannot watch our kids 24/7. We do the best we can. There are tons of latchkey kids, kids who walk to school and nothing happens. I am not saying we should not watch our children. I am just saying, when it comes to what has been made public about this mom, I feel she did nothing out of the ordinary that showed negligence of a fifteen year old girl. IMHO

Exactly. Anyone with half of a brain would be heading south on 101 towards LA or Mexico. Maybe they live in the central coast somewhere. To me, the only thing the timing of the notifications relate to is to rule out the family. I believe the planning took 2-3 days, the perp(s) acted swiftly at the end of the driveway, and the disposal of items was relatively hap-hazard as it all falls along normal lines of travel. An individual would have disposed of her down 101 well over 100 miles in an easily accessible area (to them). A couple would likely still have her (I'm thinking male/female as 2 males are unlikely to work together)

Obviously this is all my opinion based on what I've read so far...

Or, it was family or a close acquaintance and the crime occurred between 9pm, Thursday when her phone shut off and 6am or up to 7:15am, Friday.

We just don't know for sure, and I am hoping that the perp is caught sooner than later. I want to see her come home safely, regardless of the circumstances.

Or, it was family or a close acquaintance and the crime occurred between 9pm, Thursday when her phone shut off and 6am or up to 7:15am, Friday

Interesting. I just get the feeling that the biggest stress was between SL and her mother and I don't see her as capable. Although I find it tough to ever close the door on the closest people. Still I think that if that timing scenario were against the norm win any way LE would have been well onto it by now.

Is there any info on a search of the house or results there-from?

Thank you 90Nine. This is just IT for me. The kind of information we've learned from a variety of sources over time, boiled down into this summation, complete with circle sets that help clarify the two contrasting types of predator.

While I see where they will call home when a child misses a class or the whole day a message will be sent home.... I see nowhere where it states you will be notified immediately if a child misses a class....where did you find that. I am looking at Sobrato High School link....

http://sobratohs.ca.campusgrid.net/...ion/Policies+and+Procedures/Attendance+Policy

Oh and it also states this....
Parents/guardians are encouraged to call the Attendance Office
between the hours of 7:30AM and 3:30PM to monitor their student’s
attendance. Please call 201-6204, 6221 or 6222. Parents/guardians
are also encouraged to leave messages for individual teachers
regarding attendance or other issues of concern. Please call 201-
6200, then you can dial by name or by extension number. Teachers
should respond within 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online