CA - Six Dead, Dozen Injured in Mass Shooting - Sacramento - 3 April 2022

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
6 people dead after downtown Sacramento shooting: Police
Police warn public to avoid the area

6 people dead after downtown Sacramento shooting: Police

Videos on social media show ambulances on the scene.

One video on Twitter appeared to show people running through the street as the sound of gunfire could be heard in the background.

One man, Berry Accius of Sacramento's Voice of the Youth, said he got to the scene around 2:30 a.m. and described it as "chaotic."

Earlier, in a tweet posted just before 7 a.m., the Sacramento police department announced that 9th St to 13th St was closed between L St & J St so officers can investigate the shooting and that a “large police presence will remain and the scene remains active” there.

At least 6 people killed in Sacramento mass shooting

Kay Harris said she was asleep when one of her family members called to say they thought her brother had been killed. She said she thought he was at London, a nightclub at 1009 10th Street.

Harris said she has been to the club a few times, characterizing it as a spot for “the younger crowd.” Police closed the streets around the club with yellow police tape.

rbbm.
Police say 6 dead, 10 injured in Sacramento shooting (iheartradio.ca)
''Police in California are searching for at least one suspect in connection with a mass shooting early Sunday in downtown Sacramento that claimed six lives and left 10 other people injured.

Sacramento Police Chief Kathy Lester said at a news conference that police were patrolling the area at about 2 a.m. when they heard gunfire. When they arrived at the scene, they found a large crowd gathered on the street and six people dead. Another 10 either took themselves or were transported to hospitals. No information was given on their conditions.

Authorities don't know whether one or more suspects were involved and are asking for the public's help in identifying who is responsible. Lester did not give specifics on the type of gun used.

This is "a very complex and complicated scene," she said. Lester issued a plea to the public, asking for witnesses or anyone with recordings of the incident to contact police.''

''Harris said she has been to the club a few times and described it as a place for "the younger crowd." Bars and clubs close at 2 a.m. and it's normal for streets to be full of people at that hour.'

''The first thing I saw was like victims. I saw a young girl with a whole bunch of blood in her body, a girl taking off glass from her, a young girl screaming saying, `They killed my sister.' A mother running up, `Where's my son, has my son been shot?'" he said.''

6 dead, at least 10 hurt in Sacramento mass shooting: Police

The Sacramento Police Department said several streets in downtown Sacramento just blocks from the state Capitol building and the Golden 1 Center where the Kings NBA team plays were closed as officers responded to the gun violence. The conditions of the victims were not immediately known, police said.

Very lengthy, lots of pics and videos ect.. rbbm.
Live Updates on Sacramento shooting: 6 dead, 12 injured | The Sacramento Bee (sacbee.com)
''Police Chief Kathy Lester said there were no suspects in custody. Shortly before noon, police announced they’d recovered “at least one firearm” at the scene but didn’t release any details. Lester said it wasn’t immediately clear if the victims were deliberately targeted, or how many shooters were involved. The shootings took place in the vicinity of the 1000 block of K Street, near a strip of nightclubs close to such Sacramento landmarks as Golden 1 Center and the Capitol. Police said they were looking into the possibility that a fight or altercation took place just before the shooting.''

''A law enforcement source said authorities were investigating whether automatic weapons were involved, and had begun studying downtown cameras and license-plate readers for potential clues.''

She called it a “complex and complicated” scene that is now “secure” but she said the department is seeking the public’s help in identifying the suspect or suspects. “If anyone saw anything, has video or can provide any information to the police department, we are asking for their assistance.” An information center also has been set up at City Hall, 10th and I streets, for relatives.''

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article260065985.html#storylink=cpy

Sacramento mass shooting: Police say 6 dead, 12 injured | abc10.com
Police confirmed that there were multiple shooters in the incident and are asking for the public's help in identifying who is responsible. Sgt. Zach Eaton, a police department spokesman, said investigators believe there were at least two shooters. Lester said police found hundreds of pieces of evidence at the scene along with a stolen handgun.

Sacramento mass shooting: A victim has been ID'd as police hunt for the suspects who killed 6 people - CNN
"Investigators are working to identify those responsible for this horrific act," Sacramento Police Chief Katherine Lester said Sunday afternoon. "We know that a large fight took place just prior to the shootings. And we have confirmed that there are multiple shooters."
The motive for the mass shooting remains unclear.
One of the victims, 38-year-old Sergio Harris, was "a very vivacious young man" who smiled all the time and never bothered anyone, his mother Pamela Harris told CNN affiliate KOVR.

"And for this to happen, it's crazy," she said. "And I'm just to the point right now (where) I don't know what to do. I don't even think this is real."

''For reasons still unknown, three men and three women were killed. The Sacramento County Coroner's Office has been working to notify their families.
Lester said a stolen handgun was among the hundreds of pieces of evidence found at the scene.''

K Street camera captures volley of gunfire from mass shooting
In the video, a group of people surrounds two brawling men. One of the men chokes the other as people grab at them to try to pull them apart.
The owner of El Santo said his security guards stepped in to try to break up the fight.
A volley of gunfire breaks through the screaming and yelling. Then more rapid shots are heard off-screen and people begin to run.

In the video you can clearly hear the sound of full automatic gunfire. I have a feeling that there will be multiple gun charges along with murder charges in this case. JMO.

26-year-old arrested in connection with Sacramento mass shooting, police chief says
Dandre Martin was taken into custody and booked on charges of assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm, Police Chief Kathy Lester told KCRA 3’s Ty Steele in an exclusive interview Monday morning.
Sacramento Police Department SWAT members and detectives also served search warrants at three residences in the area. At least one handgun was recovered, police said.

Looks like SACPD has identified more suspects and are looking for them. JMO.

I'd like to know more about the suspect who has been arrested. Why was he prohibited from possessing a gun?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back