CA CA - Skip, 55, & Joni Tillman, 51, La Canada, 7 Feb 2000

Photo from the above link:
View attachment 74079
Harold "Skip" Tillman and his wife Joni.

Per above link:

*They were found buried in remote graves.
*Skip Tillman was an accountant and Joni was a homemaker.
*They were last seen dining at J.J's Steakhouse in Pasadena, Feb. 6, 2000 (a witness reported seeing their vehicle later that night as it entered the driveway of their rented Bramblewood Road home).
*3 days later, the Tillmans were found strangled and buried in a remote wash in Yucaipa.
*They were involved "in a few contentious lawsuits at the time of their deaths".
*Their dog Teddy, a maltese, was found dead of exposure by a hiker and a further investigation of the area led to the discovery of their graves ("suspicious arrangement of tumbleweeds which marked their graves").

" They were involved in a few contentious lawsuits at the time of their deaths" Wonder who benefited the most by their deaths ? jmo

Please understand, my father and I were estranged at the time (since I was 10 actually, except a brief encounter 2 years prior when he came to visit me) so everything I reply with is information obtained from a brief meeting with detectives, from their close friends, and news/media. I will quote specifically if that is where information comes from and try to specify that what I am posting is 2nd hand information. Furthermore I respectfully ask that anyone with corrections to my posts or updated, quoted and other information is gladly welcomed and encouraged.

I quickly replied in general to your original post, then came back to start seeing how this page worked and already in tears at the information posted just briefly scrolling down the page. I am already in awe at what information is "out there", how grateful I am to have been added here, and trying to deal with the emotional floodgates that just reopened. It will become very obvious that I think and feel and share more than most find normal so try to bear with me. I am going to take one post at a time answer them in order and again 99% of my information has come 2nd or 3rd hand as the detective who last had this case before it went cold was the 1st detective ever to talk to me like I mattered at all.

I was told that Teddy's collar was located first by the jogger. He left a msg at Skip and Joni's on the machine saying he had found the collar and hoped that it was left behind and he wanted to return it. I am told that after much provoking. from close friends, the detectives entered the Tillman residence (still finding the easiest way to refer to them so I am clear) and accessed the answering machine and responded to the jogger.

My assumption was that the dog must have accompanied "them" to the site where Skip and Joni were buried. I originally thought Teddy must have been alive during that trip. In writing this I am thinking that may not have been true, easily he might have just been dumped postmortem and picked up or dug up by coyotes (wild animals) in the area.

I don't know anymore about location of the collar/leash with respect to the grave site or if any remains were located. I have requested to know if the detectives are in possession of the leash/collar and/or if I would be able to claim those items. My requests have gone unanswered. The same request was made of the "personal effects" for Skip and Joni and those go unanswered as well.

I was told the impression is, it was a paid "hit", that has not been confirmed and have no one to quote on that.

Forgive my cloudy memories, and thank you for inspiring clearing them up, your number of posts alone is amazing. I am at a loss for more to say right now except you seem like the blessing I have needed for some time. It is amazing what a wall builds when one is ignored and put off for so long they can't remember. As that wall comes down know that you are appreciated and I will do my best to fill in, add to what you have and thank you for posting so much information that I either was unaware of or would not have had the emotional strength to post or look for. I met with Detectives once in person in 2000 or 2001 prior to October 2001 at some point. I was so incredibly stressed I don't even recall. I was to understand at that point that it was ligature. My dad was an incredibly (my childlike opinion I suppose) large man. He was over 6 feet tall, broad shoulders, and used to jog, play basketball, roller skate (in my early years) and incredibly toned legs. I personally think it would take at least 2 average sized males, or being armed, or threat Joni's life would be the only way he would be "overpowered" by anyone.

With regard to location and vehicle, I was told by detectives on my visit "it appears that the perpetrators were intending to make it look as if they had left the country, however they neglected to remove the bag of personal identification from under the seat of their vehicle." I want to say they found the vehicle at or near an airport.

During my visit with detectives I was also told "the lack of disruption to their home, lack of evidence able to be obtained from the residence and vehicle and the fact that their home was not robbed (jewelry, money, etc. not disrupted) leads us to believe it was a "for hire" incident". I was also told "we are under the impression that Skip was made to watch as they took Joni's life". They did not elaborate and I could not even assume how they arrived at this assumption.

I had not ever seen even pictures of the area. It was described to me by detectives as an "abandoned landfill". Thinking then that the population was dense. Which of course may have changed in 15 years.

I had not seen this prior to this post. I was a little thrown off. I was not told there were fingerprints found. I was not told there was blood found near their grave site. I was told during my in person visit that "there is a small amount of DNA recovered, however not enough to successfully test without destroying it or having enough of the sample remaining that is viable for use in court, you must have a sample equal to what you test to bring to court if you want it admitted as evidence". Recently, I was told via email from the last detective prior to the cold case, that sample was tested successfully due to all of the new technology available today. Nothing more has been release to me with regard to results.

I recently requested information from detectives as to the "normal process" when it comes to "personal effects" when someone passes or is murdered. I asked if they had recovered any "personal effects", my specific desire in the request was knowing if my dad had his wallet with him. and if so what was found and/or released to anyone or in there custody or part of evidence. No reply has been sent to me since promising not to ignore me. Citing "I will answer all of your questions soon depending on it the information would compromise the investigation (seems unusual since the case to my knowledge is no longer being investigated). I did not request information with regard to Joni's purse or personal belongings as to avoid confusion with my motivation. She was not related to me and I have no interest in gaining from this request. However I might do so as I may be the closest "legal relation" she has living to date and I would not want her items to go unclaimed or destroyed when others may want to retain the items(close friends).

Tamijt4,

I'm sorry you have had so much trouble obtaining details from LE. I'm not sure how much help we can be, but obviously, we will do some digging/research :)

I am curious about a few things...

One of the news reports states that the Tillman's had lived for more than 10 years in Glendale and had only recently (3-4 months) moved to the Bramblewood Dr home. Was there a specific reason for this move?

I noticed that, over many years, Skip was listed as "registered agent" for several companies (i.e. Samala Corp, Nickel Ltd, and Cyber Coterie seems to be the most recent with a date of Dec 1998). I wonder if LE investigated other business deals he might have had... no lawsuits involved, but maybe a disgruntled partner or client ?

And, I read that Stephen Hansen and Lenny Feldsott worked on a documentary-type film regarding this case... was there a final product?? Especially interesting since these two actually worked with detectives on the case.

"... but this week Hansen will be interviewing the new detectives investigating the case. "At first the detectives told us the case was too sensitive," Hansen said. But it is the difficulty of the case that the producers and metaphysical investigators find so intriguing. The documentary plans to give metaphysical investigators access to several areas available to traditional detectives. The film crew will also interview the law enforcement side of the case and then compare the two stories, discovering if the metaphysical side came up with the same conclusion of the traditional. It’s hoped the work will shed more light on the baffling case."

http://articles.lacanadaonline.com/...b2a6733860088_1_psychic-tillman-case-bodies/2

Regarding the Tillmans moving, it was mentioned in the article they were renting the house so possibly due to the court cases and moving money/assets around? He would know how to do this being an accountant.

If he had embezzled money it was quite a large sum which could be a motive for a hit although I'm not sure why they would murder the wife as well? As stated up thread the cod seems too personal...

Sorry you have had to go through such a hard time to get answers Tamijt4

I quickly replied in general to your original post, then came back to start seeing how this page worked and already in tears at the information posted just briefly scrolling down the page. I am already in awe at what information is "out there", how grateful I am to have been added here, and trying to deal with the emotional floodgates that just reopened. It will become very obvious that I think and feel and share more than most find normal so try to bear with me. I am going to take one post at a time answer them in order and again 99% of my information has come 2nd or 3rd hand as the detective who last had this case before it went cold was the 1st detective ever to talk to me like I mattered at all.

I was told that Teddy's collar was located first by the jogger. He left a msg at Skip and Joni's on the machine saying he had found the collar and hoped that it was left behind and he wanted to return it. I am told that after much provoking. from close friends, the detectives entered the Tillman residence (still finding the easiest way to refer to them so I am clear) and accessed the answering machine and responded to the jogger.

My assumption was that the dog must have accompanied "them" to the site where Skip and Joni were buried. I originally thought Teddy must have been alive during that trip. In writing this I am thinking that may not have been true, easily he might have just been dumped postmortem and picked up or dug up by coyotes (wild animals) in the area.

I don't know anymore about location of the collar/leash with respect to the grave site or if any remains were located. I have requested to know if the detectives are in possession of the leash/collar and/or if I would be able to claim those items. My requests have gone unanswered. The same request was made of the "personal effects" for Skip and Joni and those go unanswered as well.

According to this the dog was well groomed however it's interesting it says he called the sheriffs department who then called the number?

There is mention (from Kaye the solicitor) of land deals and "dealing with wrong people"
Did you talk with the detective Jiles?

http://www.newsmirror.net/news/article_f2b2adce-b884-5f1e-a827-7fb88d125811.html?mode=jqm

ETA Sorry just reread posts and dog question was explained on post 8

Photo from the above link:
View attachment 74079
Harold "Skip" Tillman and his wife Joni.

Per above link:

*They were found buried in remote graves.
*Skip Tillman was an accountant and Joni was a homemaker.
*They were last seen dining at J.J's Steakhouse in Pasadena, Feb. 6, 2000 (a witness reported seeing their vehicle later that night as it entered the driveway of their rented Bramblewood Road home).
*3 days later, the Tillmans were found strangled and buried in a remote wash in Yucaipa.
*They were involved "in a few contentious lawsuits at the time of their deaths".
*Their dog Teddy, a maltese, was found dead of exposure by a hiker and a further investigation of the area led to the discovery of their graves ("suspicious arrangement of tumbleweeds which marked their graves").

Is a "remote wash" the same meaning as remote area? TIA

I was also told "we are under the impression that Skip was made to watch as they took Joni's life". They did not elaborate and I could not even assume how they arrived at this assumption.

Ok me again, last question- do any sleuths know if tamjit4 can find out COD report and how they suspected this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back