CA CA - Stephanie Crowe, 12, Escondido, 21 January 1998

I am so thankful they GOT him.

Just on the peeping tom issue, we had one in our neighborhood in Baltimore 10 years ago. You can not imagine how it terrorizes you, ahhh, I just don't want to go back there in my mind, but he is Dangerous!

MrsMush99 said:
Hey Elle! Long time no see! Everything is going well. When I had my sonogram about a month ago they said everything was perfect! I get paranoid sometimes because he doesn't move much. Both my other kids were constantly moving. I think maybe he's just laid back!!! I hope so, I deserve one calm child!!!

I hope we get chat back really soon. I miss everyone!
Ha, Ha you just jinxed yourself, he is gonna give your ribs a pounding anytime now.

I'm so happy for you. :woohoo:

Incredible! :furious:

Oh yeah... don't bother to keep close security on a man accused of stabbing a twelve-year-old girl to death. There is so many other more important things they can do with their time. :rolleyes:

You can bet if they had succeeded in railroading Stephanie's 14-year-old brother, there would have been high security on him.

Richard Tuite's obsession with a friend named Tracy – and his increasing frustration at being unable to find her – led him to kill 12-year-old Stephanie Crowe in her Escondido bedroom, a prosecutor told jurors yesterday.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/crowe/20040218-9999-2m18tuite.html

A transient's sweat shirt and undershirt stained with the blood of 12-year-old Stephanie Crowe could have been contaminated by a police tripod or crime scene investigators, a defense attorney told a jury today.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/crowe/20040218-1754-tuite-late.html

Isn't this the guy who escaped the courthouse a few weeks back?? Has he been caught yet??

He was caught the same day in a shopping center about 15 miles away. He offered the cop who handcuffed him $200,000 if he would let him go.

The snickers wrapper is NOT a match. Tuite's wrapper was a regular size Snicker bar, the Crowe's had only miniature Snicker bars in the house.

The trial is being televised locally on a cable station. Updates will be not only published in the S.D.U.T., but available on the local network websites.

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/index.html

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/index.html

http://www.kfmb.com/

Sabrina said:
The snickers wrapper is NOT a match. Tuite's wrapper was a regular size Snicker bar, the Crowe's had only miniature Snicker bars in the house.
Where did you read this? (I checked the links, and didn't find that anywhere there) Last I read, it was a match because the Crowes had full size bars cut in half, and the wrapper was from a cut half of a full size snickers bar. (but reports have been known to be wrong in the past...)

Ghostwheel said:
Where did you read this? (I checked the links, and didn't find that anywhere there) Last I read, it was a match because the Crowes had full size bars cut in half, and the wrapper was from a cut half of a full size snickers bar. (but reports have been known to be wrong in the past...)

Brad Patton's (Tuite's defense attorney) opening statement. Maybe I got it mixed up and Tuite's was a mini bar...? Anyway, he said it was not a match...I have to be at the courthouse next week and hope to get in to the trial for a few hours.

Aha! Never believe an opening statement. Feldman out and out lied in his (I'd have to go back and dig it up, but there were two specific things he said that were completely false.)

Ghostwheel said:
Aha! Never believe an opening statement. Feldman out and out lied in his (I'd have to go back and dig it up, but there were two specific things he said that were completely false.)

I know Feldman lied, as many defense attornies do, but this was physical evidence and Patton showed photos.

There were also cough drops, as I recall, from Stephanie's house. They found wrappers from the same cough drops.

Two shirts, both had Stephanie's blood. Now the defense says the police contaminated them... even though the police were hell bent on proving Stephanie's 14-year-old brother killed her. So hell bent that it took years to even charge Tuite because they were so ego bruised that they got it so wrong.

If I hear one more prosecutor or "experienced detective" say "no sign of an intruder," I'm going to hurl. How many of these crimes do they have to get wrong? How many families do they have to destroy?

That's what I have never understood about the insinuation that the evidence was purposely contaminated. By whom? Because the police for sure were hell bent on blaming the brother and friends, so where would the motivation have been for them to have tried to contaminate evidence implicating Tuite? Also, if I remember correctly from San Diego Tribune info on this case, the defense attorneys (meaning Michael's and his friend's attorneys) didn't even get the opportunity to look at the evidence for awhile, so no one else would have had access to that evidence except the people who wanted to prosecute Michael et al. And I also remember the information about the split in half candy bars.

Sabrina said:
I know Feldman lied, as many defense attornies do, but this was physical evidence and Patton showed photos.
Can you help me out with a link? I cannot find ANYTHING on the Internet regarding this, but maybe I'm using the wrong search criteria. Was this just something you saw at the trial?
Thanks for the help.

Babcat said:
If I hear one more prosecutor or "experienced detective" say "no sign of an intruder," I'm going to hurl. How many of these crimes do they have to get wrong? How many families do they have to destroy?
Well, gee, we all know intruders are going to TRY to leave evidence of themselves behind, right? They don't wear gloves, or go in unlocked doors or windows, or try to cover up what they have done. There should be TONS of evidence of an intruder in every single case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back