CA CA - Steven Geisler, 51, Phelan, 10 May 2013

Lytle Creek Road is so far away from 3N05

Could the truck have been found at 3N05 and towed to Fire Department Station 20, 497 Lytle Creek Rd. , Lytle Creek , CA 92358?

Official Report States

The vehicle was towed by US Forestry Service (909 383-5651) on 05/18/2013 from Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road

You're probably right about it being towed by the Forest Service - Pepe's towing probably was called to pick it up at the fire station.

Was wondering why the investigating detective is in Stockton, CA.
I think Mr. Geisler may have lived in Riverside, Norco and possibly Stockton, California. His wife could be 53 year-old Maureen Geisler of Stockton, CA (first name might be spelled Morene). Her maiden name might be Ameson.

Steven D Geisler
Early 50s

Norco, CA 92860-8002
View Full Address
909-371-xxxx

https://www.peoplesmart.com/find/steven-geisler-ca.html

There is a Moreen Geisler from Stockton on FB connected to a Steven Geisler (no pictures, unfortunately). Looks like Steven is missing/gone as per a message, Sept 27th 2013, on his wall from Moreen but she signs it off as Mom???

Moreen Geisler

Steven Geisler

There is a Moreen Geisler from Stockton on FB connected to a Steven Geisler (no pictures, unfortunately). Looks like Steven is missing/gone as per a message, Sept 27th 2013, on his wall from Moreen but she signs it off as Mom???

Moreen Geisler

Steven Geisler

I think we're on the wrong track. Moreen says she hopes he's found peace at last. Funny that - his fb page says Born Aug 14, 2014. (someone else started his page for him?).

If the birthdate in CA is correct, I think it's a suicide, but what do I know, he could've been robbed & thrown off a cliff or fallen.

I've found 3N05 it's North of Big Bear Lake, but I can't see it crossing Lytle Creek Road

Service Road 3N05

That's awesome. I wonder if the flyer was purposefully misleading when it cited both Lytle Creek Rd and FSR 3N05 as the location of SDG's truck since these two road don't appear to intersect each other any where. Or perhaps the flyer simply has a typo and they meant FSR 3N06?

I think we're on the wrong track. Moreen says she hopes he's found peace at last. Funny that - his fb page says Born Aug 14, 2014. (someone else started his page for him?).

If the birthdate in CA is correct, I think it's a suicide, but what do I know, he could've been robbed & thrown off a cliff or fallen.

His body has not been found and that's why he is still missing. right? I can't make the leap to a suicide yet without more info on his circumstances when he went missing. Although if M is his mom, and she comments that she hopes he found peace, it does sound like he must have been a trouble person for his mom to say that.

I checked the link to her FB but it's been removed.

No I don't think its a memorial page. I don't see a birth date? his account was started in 2013, his first friendship connection was on February 16th 2013, so the account had to have been opened before or on that date.

His body has not been found and that's why he is still missing. right? I can't make the leap to a suicide yet without more info on his circumstances when he went missing. Although if M is his mom, and she comments that she hopes he found peace, it does sound like he must have been a trouble person for his mom to say that.

I checked the link to her FB but it's been removed.

I checked link its working

I wonder if his truck was retrieved from the tow yard? What was in the truck when it was found? Gold mining equipment? Camping equipment? Drugs and/or alcohol? Suicide note? I'm not able to get on FB (computer issues) so I'm not privy to everything the other posters have seen so I apologize in advance if these are unrelated questions. :)

No I don't think its a memorial page. I don't see a birth date? his account was started in 2013, his first friendship connection was on February 16th 2013, so the account had to have been opened before or on that date.

I found only one birth date for a SDG at California Birth Index.org - You're right about the FB page, I spoke too soon. I do wish his mom would say something, where he was living at the time of his disappearance or friends or work mates.

Found where Forest Service Route 3N06A and Lytle Creek Road intersect:

From Highway 138 in Phelan (where SDG went missing from) take Highway 2 south to town of Wrightwood. Turn left onto Lone Pine Canyon Road. Turn right onto Lytle Creek Road following it over many switchbacks and over the Pacific Crest Trail. To stay on Lytle Creek Road you must be sure to make the hard right switchback when Lytle Creek Road transforms into Sheep Ranch Road.

So, hopefully you made the hard right switchback and are still on Lytle Creek Road. LC Road then makes some more meandering hoops and then passes the turn off for Baldy Road. After that the next turn off on the right that you come to will be Forest Service Route 3N06A. Forest Service Route 3N06A appears to be a long dead end. If you stay on LC Road you will pass the Lytle Creek Firing Range on your left and Sycamore Drive will be on your right as you come into the town of Lytle Creek.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3895904,-117.6379721,12z

See Forest Service Route 3N06A in bottom left of zoomed in map:
https://fs.usda.gov/wps/PA_WIDConsu...onsumption&param2=STELPRDB5381313&param3=This map shows the route of the Baldy Mesa OHV Route 3N24&param4=/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5381313.jpg&pname=Forest Service

Zoom in on Lone Pine Canyon Road and then follow Lytle Creek Road https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3895904,-117.6379721,12z
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lytl...AeuyAnM5u9prd1B4vqrE7g#Bon0LyTVb761_c3GPsoxtQ

I wonder if his truck was retrieved from the tow yard? What was in the truck when it was found? Gold mining equipment? Camping equipment? Drugs and/or alcohol? Suicide note? I'm not able to get on FB (computer issues) so I'm not privy to everything the other posters have seen so I apologize in advance if these are unrelated questions. :)

Hi La2cabo :seeya:

The only firm details we have is the missing report. Unfortunately nothing about gold mining equipment being found, just the area he went missing from is known for prospecting. We're looking into the Stockton connection due the investigation case being handled by Stockton Police Department. Can you think of any other reasons why Stockton would be handling the investigation? There's nothing on the FB link, I went through all his connections and zilch :(

The only firm details we have is the missing report. Unfortunately nothing about gold mining equipment being found, just the area he went missing from is known for prospecting. We're looking into the Stockton connection due the investigation case being handled by Stockton Police Department. Can you think of any other reasons why Stockton would be handling the investigation? There's nothing on the FB link, I went through all his connections and zilch :(

I looked up public records in San Joaquin County and found nothing. I have no clue what the connection is. I've been thinking of calling the tow yard to see if they'll give me any info. I guess all they can do is tell me nothing, right? Maybe someone with FB can send a private message to his mom telling her a few of us are interested in helping to locate him but we need a little more information and would she mind sharing? Worst that can happen is she doesn't respond. If my computer wasn't being so dumb I would do it in a heartbeat, however, dumb computer.

I looked up public records in San Joaquin County and found nothing. I have no clue what the connection is. I've been thinking of calling the tow yard to see if they'll give me any info. I guess all they can do is tell me nothing, right? Maybe someone with FB can send a private message to his mom telling her a few of us are interested in helping to locate him but we need a little more information and would she mind sharing? Worst that can happen is she doesn't respond. If my computer wasn't being so dumb I would do it in a heartbeat, however, dumb computer.

I don't think it's advisable to call any of these folks, to do so could be taken as harassment and expose one to accusations of such.

Guys, please make sure you have the right Steven, and sleuthing family members is not allowed.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

Thank you

I don't think it's advisable to call any of these folks, to do so could be taken as harassment and expose one to accusations of such.

I don't know how contacting the tow yard to see if the vehicle was ever retrieved could or would be construed as harassment, however, I'll let this case go for now as I don't have any further ideas and there is very limited information. It's so sad that people go missing all the time and it seems nobody looks for them. I hope Mr. Geisler's family is at peace.

I don't know how contacting the tow yard to see if the vehicle was ever retrieved could or would be construed as harassment, however, I'll let this case go for now as I don't have any further ideas and there is very limited information. It's so sad that people go missing all the time and it seems nobody looks for them. I hope Mr. Geisler's family is at peace.

I was responding to the idea of contacting SDG's sister or mother. Sorry for the confusion.

ok, the mod won't allow posting of names, so I can only say that I am sure that SDG was born in Orange, CA in 1961. Has at least two sisters, one in Stockton, CA and one in South Carolina.

One of possibly four sibs of SDG lives in Stockton.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back