CA - Suspects Raped 'Defenseless' Disabled Women on Tape

The way I am reading it is the anonymous tipster was asked to clean the hard drive of a laptop that was allegedly purchased on the streets.

So the laptop was likely stolen from someone who had the collection and the current "owner" of said laptop was trying to get it cleaned up. Or the owner of the laptop had the video collection for whatever reason and decided it would be a good idea to get it off their computer.

The person asked to clean it (turned tipster) made a copy of the file before cleaning the laptop and turned the copy in. I am guessing this was not a situation where they felt safe taking the moral stand of saying "I took your stolen laptop and turned it into the police so they can investigate your *advertiser censored* collection".

He didn't tip the creepy people off that he knew, that the police knew, which would have led to them destroying evidence or leaving town. Thank gawd he took the time to copy it and the effort to turn it in.

I think the "crackhead" stole it from one of the perps (maybe the employee, who seems like the instigator of this whole mess). Then immediately sold it, not realizing what was on it. The tipster's letter to police said that the buyer was aware of the videos, and wanted them and everything else cleaned off the hard drive (to stay out of trouble, undoubtedly, and he may have been just as disgusted as we all are). He may be staying anonymous himself because he believes the owner is innocent and doesn't want to be a link to him in an investigation.

This kind of crime just could NOT be any lower or slimier! Yuck!

One of the victims has been found and is helping with the investigation. She's 25 and was the one that Hicks took to Vegas to "marry," subsequently raped multiple times by Hicks and Lloyd. She has since moved to a different, safer residential home. My heart bleeds for her.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-videotaped-sex-assaults-disabled-women,0,6129897.story

They are getting an overwhelming number of leads, and now the computer guy came forward to help LE too, so hopefully they can find the rest of these victims and suspects FAST before this happens again!

SNIPPED

The woman says she was living at a Los Angeles-area care facility where 42-year-old Bert Hicks worked and 37-year-old Ernie Lloyd was also a patient.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-videotaped-sex-assaults-disabled-women,0,6129897.story

Bless this woman. I hope she has been able to feel safer since she's been in this new facility. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to get past such trauma. To need to be able to depend on others for your care and yet know that they could hurt you in such a way. I cannot imagine the strength it would take to trust again, and yet she must.

The CNN update on the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/14/california.sexual.assaults/index.html

"Investigators found one of the alleged victims, a 25-year-old woman, on Monday. That woman said Ernie Lloyd, 27 -- who was arrested Saturday and charged with rape of a person with disabilities after he "implicated himself," according to authorities -- had sexually assaulted her.

Lloyd was released from custody on Thursday, the sheriff's department said Friday in a press release. On that same day, a second woman, 27, who had been tracking the story in the news media approached investigators to tell them that she, too, had been assaulted."

I know I cannot have read that correctly. This dude implicated himself in what has to be the most egregious kind of SA I have ever heard, not that any assault isnt COMPLETELY INTOLERABLE. And he was RELEASED?

Because what, he isnt a danger to society? Because he has a history of being a stand up guys. Please tell me I misread the above statement.

Further more, fwiw, I have sent emails twice to CNN regarding the poster depicting the current suspects. It is nauseatingly clear what the suspect in the shot with the wheelchair is doing as well as his state of undress. Call me a prude, whatever. But my imagination is bad enough when it comes to this set of crimes...I do not need to see the reality. :sick:

I have to get back to the released part. Please help me understand.

ok wait, why wouldnt they release what sites these women got assaulted at?? If my family was homed in one of these facilities I would wanna know!!!

It shouldnt be that hard to find the other males in the video, but something tells me that there is more to this story. How did that Hicks guy marry this lady without anyone knowing where she went if she was in a facility at the time?? This really reeks of some sort of a ring going on here, with some higher ups being possibly paid off.

I totally agree, those photos are disturbing to say the least! The one and ONLY reason I can think of for the pic of the sicko in the wheelchair, is to get a sense of his weight and show the wheelchair to help the public identify him. I can't fathom any other reason whatsoever! Makes me want to throw up. I can't imagine working in LE and having to view this stuff, unedited, on a daily basis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back