CA - Tesla crash off cliff shocked rescuers, Dr. dad arrested for attempted murder of family, Devil’s Slide, Jan 2023

This is incredibly sad. I don't think minor children should live with him, even if he was having an untreated episode of MI when he drove them off the cliff but he is now being treated.
And for sure then no women suffering post partum should be criminalized.

Who will protect the children????????

How is it not attempted vehicular homicide? There's still a debt to society, regardless, no?

I had no idea it could present so late. I thought it came on in the lower end of that. But perhaps my perception is off because my friend with schizophrenia was symptomatic very young (by age twelve) which I know is outside the norm, too.

MOO

Schizoaffective is a different disorder (different genes) than either Bipolar or Schizophrenia. It's confusing to researchers, as well. It could turn out that they all overlap in some part of the genome, but that's not known yet.

IMO

I wish that I was surprised. The man is a menace to public safety. No, he should not just go home and have some counseling.

Indeed, and I'd say he's a much larger threat to his family. Under no circumstances should he be around the children he was trying to "protect"-by killing them-until he's had comprehensive and extended psychiatric care.

Indeed, and I'd say he's a much larger threat to his family. Under no circumstances should he be around the children he was trying to "protect"-by killing them-until he's had comprehensive and extended psychiatric care.
He shouldn’t get to see them at all until after they’re 18 and able to decide for themselves if their attempted murderer deserves their attention… moo

I can easily see a physician, manipulating in treatment, not unlike "Edmund Kemper", who convinced the staff at the correctional facility that he was "cured". After his release, he was a prolific serial killer.

This is criminal, not psychiatric. He lived, so he developed a sob story. Don't buy it.

Patel's wife said his return will not only 'restore him back to himself, but it will restore the health and wellness of our entire family.'

Emphasizing the importance of the 'health and safety' of her family, she said that she 'will not hesitate to seek help when needed.'

'We need — we need him in our life,' Patel's wife added. 'We're not a family without him.'
I think there may be cultural factors in her wanting him to be let off lightly. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back