GUILTY CA - Three 13yo girls killed in hit & run, Santa Ana, 31 Oct 2014

Holy carp! Wtf was this dude doing out on the street??

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-halloween-hitandrun-deaths-3-girls-20141103-story.html

"Court records in Orange County Superior Court show that Bell was convicted of hit-and-run driving and driving under the influence in August"

And

"Bell’s criminal record dates back until at least 2009 when he pleaded guilty to corporal injury on a spouse or co-habitant and was given probation, which court records show has been revoked seven times since then.

The probation violations included a 2009 case in which he was charged with driving under the influence and driving on a suspended license. He was again given probation after he pleaded guilty the following year, court records show."

This guy was just let go again and again and again. The death of the three girls on Halloween wasn't a shock, it was bound to happen. I'm amazed it took him this long. Disgusting. I'm so angry!

I'm new here, but am going to jump in on this thread. I have personal experience with this. The twins went to my daughters junior high school and she had a class with one of the girls, but didn't know them well because she just started school in this district because we moved. The students at the school are heartbroken. We also happen to live near the intersection and my husband drove past it minutes after it happened, before the emergency vehicles had arrived and he said that intersection is well lit and he doesn't believe anyone paying attention to the road would have missed the girls crossing the street.

I'm new here, but am going to jump in on this thread. I have personal experience with this. The twins went to my daughters junior high school and she had a class with one of the girls, but didn't know them well because she just started school in this district because we moved. The students at the school are heartbroken. We also happen to live near the intersection and my husband drove past it minutes after it happened, before the emergency vehicles had arrived and he said that intersection is well lit and he doesn't believe anyone paying attention to the road would have missed the girls crossing the street.

Thank you for joining us. My heart goes out to you, your husband and your daughters. :heartluv:

I'm familiar with this area as well. I'm going to post a story shortly that addresses the intersection. I hope the City of Santa Ana makes changes ASAP. It's really horrible lives had to be lost for changes to be made. We need to be proactive not reactive. This case highlights this more than any other.

:hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa Ana Halloween hit-and-run suspect charged | abc7.com

(snip)
Jaquinn Ramone Bell, who appeared in a Santa Ana courtroom on Tuesday, was charged with the following: three felony counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence; one felony count of hit-and-run with permanent injury or death; one misdemeanor count of driving on a suspended license with sentencing enhancement allegations for personally inflicting great bodily injury; and fleeing the scene of a crime after committing a vehicular manslaughter.

Bell was scheduled for arraignment later in the day but it was postponed to Dec. 16 and he was ordered held on $1 million bail.

Bell is not new to the criminal system. Records indicate that Bell was previously arrested for domestic violence, driving under the influence, child endangerment and reckless driving.

Attorney Robert Hickey, who has represented Bell in the past, appeared with him in court Tuesday.

"From what I do know about it, he failed to yield at a crosswalk and nothing more than that," Hickey said.

But Deputy District Attorney Keith Burke says there could be more. DMV records show Bell's license was suspended after another hit-and-run DUI charge in August. He hit a median then, but because of that prior conviction, these charges could change if evidence shows he was under the influence on Halloween.

"There's a potential in that case for him to be charged with murder, so that is a possibility," Burke said.

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link

http://abc7.com/news/santa-ana-halloween-hit-and-run-suspect-charged/380390/

----

This is a must read! :moo:

:furious: at the current charges. This was murder, NOT manslaughter! UGH!!!
The attorney's comments make me :sick: :cow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, in search of!

How awful!!! Tragic. God bless those 3 little girls and their families, they were probably so excited going trick or treating..... It's heartbreaking, I cannot put into words how awful this tragedy is. Rest in peace angels x

Failed to yield at a crosswalk but nothing more than that?! :thud:
No wonder people hate attorneys! :twocents:

I still feel sorry for his teenaged children. Sure, one of them is nearly an adult, but imagine you are a teenager in the car when your father hits and kills someone. I would have been traumatized from many different directions on this.

This is awful. I used to live in Irvine and worked in Newport Beach. I was regularly in that neighborhood in Santa Ana - one of my co-workers lived right by that elementary school. :/

From May 2015:

http://abc7.com/news/suspect-sentenced-in-santa-ana-hit-and-run-that-left-3-girls-dead/735022/

The suspect pleaded guilty in March for hitting and killing the three 13-year-old girls on Halloween in Santa Ana in 2014, and then fleeing the scene...

The judge called his actions "unconscionable," and then handed down the maximum sentence for the charges of vehicular manslaughter - 13 years and eight months in state prison...

The judge also sentenced Bell to two additional years in county jail - the maximum for violating his probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back