CA CA - Trabuco Canyon, HispFem UP7691, 25-35, rose & web tattoo, Jan'06

Yes, it does. When I look at that tatt from further back that area looks a lot darker. When I look closely it appears that there was a line across the middle of an "H" and later there was an attempt to blur that line by making two more lines, one above and one below that line (bridge) in the "H". It appears there is some attempt at shading but it is not a good job.

Is what I think could be the "J" or "W" really just another part of the rose's stem?

And the stem on the right reminds me of the "toilet paper roses" or napkin roses they make in jail, where they twist the paper to form the stem. I guess if this is what one used for a pattern it might look like that on the tatt?

Oh, that's a good thought about the paper roses. Yes, it does resemble those -- even the leaf looks like the twist of paper that makes a leaf.

But if she had done time, wouldn't her fingerprints have been in the database?

Makes me wonder if those "letters" I can't identify are a corruption of MS 13 so that it would not be as noticeable to LE.
I originally thought Spanish Cobras because of what appears to be an "SC" but going through their tatts I don't see anything at all that resembles this UID's tatt. Besides, the Spanish Cobras are more Chicago and not California.

Makes me wonder if those "letters" I can't identify are a corruption of MS 13 so that it would not be as noticeable to LE.
I originally thought Spanish Cobras because of what appears to be an "SC" but going through their tatts I don't see anything at all that resembles this UID's tatt. Besides, the Spanish Cobras are more Chicago and not California.

Hm, could be -- that would hint that she might originally be from the Chicago area, and I thought that bird thing could be a snake emerging from the stem.

That Wikipedia article you found seemed to be mostly about Russian gangs, but it did mention that it's common for the partners of men in jail to display jailhouse tattoos in sympathy/solidarity, so maybe that's why she has a jail-style tattoo but her prints weren't on record.

I'm not seeing any of the birds and letters and stuff yall are talking about. I think it's just a terrible home-done tattoo that she got, or did herself, in her teens.
it definitely doesn't look recent.

I'm not seeing any of the birds and letters and stuff yall are talking about. I think it's just a terrible home-done tattoo that she got, or did herself, in her teens.
it definitely doesn't look recent.

You're right, it's probably just a design she liked. Yes, it's not a new tattoo, but there are places where the lines are thicker, and other places where the lines are cleaner, that make it look like part of it was put down more recently. There are lots of reasons to cover part of an old tattoo, including just that she wanted to make the design better or more detailed, but if there is something underneath, it could be a clue to where she might have come from.

I would rather dissect the tattoo and cover every possibility we can think of because a lot of people have hidden designs in their tattoos rather than to just dismiss it at it's face value. (No Malika, I'm not suggesting that you have done that. ;) I'm just jumping off your post ) It's like a puzzle to me. If there is nothing there with any meaning then all I am out is some time. :) I have a rose tattoo myself. There is hidden stuff in my tattoo as well. ;)

I love being able to brainstorm here with the other posters. :) It is so interesting to me how there can be numerous posters that look at one pic and all see something different. It's just amazing!

I am a spaghetti poster, lol. I throw all of my ideas out here in the pot and see what sticks, lol. Some are nothing more than laughable at best but I throw them out there anyway. I figure even if my idea is not a workable at the time maybe it will spark ideas for others to jump off from. :)

Carbuff, I do see what you mean about that one area looking like a snake. I think it does too. :)

BBL

Yeah, I see a "W" and maybe a "P" at the edge of that tattoo, but I see a lot of other weird badly drawn stuff in there. It looks like a homemade- I think a lot of people of a certain socioeconomic group have those.

In that same vein, I am guessing she wasn't reported missing. She was probably working in San Diego and the person who made her missing was of a relationship to normally be the reporting party.

Does the surgical scar suggest some sort of C-section? I also find it interesting she had NO jewelry. My guess is all that was removed and that she would normally be wearing some, at least a necklace and some earrings. Most women who have their nails done up nicely also wear some jewelry. Gold crosses and earring, etc., are popular in the latina community.

There's a bit on the left that looks to me like someone lying back waving a flag. Man that's a mess of a tat!

The "medical" section describes "prior cesarean surgery," so yeah, at least one child.

Good point about the jewelry. With that gorgeous nail job, you'd expect some jewelry. But it doesn't mention pierced ears, so maybe she didn't wear much.

Oh that's a good observation there! I hadn't even thought about her not having jewelry on but having a fifty dollar manicure.

i think you can get a full set of acrylic nails w that airbrush design for $20. but i agree, she prob did have SOME type of earrings or jewelry.

Oh that's a good observation there! I hadn't even thought about her not having jewelry on but having a fifty dollar manicure.

Now 33 names on the rule outs-
Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Amy Bocanegra 1977 California
Teresa Butler 1970 Missouri
Kandie Cornett 1979 California
Joyce Crider 1970 Kentucky
Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
Araceli Estupian 1994 California
Angela Hammond 1971 Missouri
Nelda Hardwick 1959 Louisiana
Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
Dawn Holt 1975 Maryland
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Khadijah Jenkins 1986 Maryland
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Amy Liebl 1973 Oklahoma
Jessica Lopez 1989 Arizona
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Lori Murchison 1970 Arkansas
Ingrid Ortiz Unknown California
Wanda Perkins 1968 Georgia
Sandy Rea 1966 Oklahoma
Donnis Redman 1943 California
Kimberly Riley 1979 Ohio
Kristy Rogers 1980 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Katrina Sweaney 1972 Oregon
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
Karen Tompkins 1950 California
Ana Triben 1960 California
Colleen Voitik McHugh 1963 Illinois
Margaret Warrington 1962 Kentucky
Jennifer Wilson 1974 California

My guess regarding the tat is it's a joke about her personality (I'm Mexican-American & I'm thinking this unidentified woman might be too)...Something like "Pretty like a rose but you draw people in like a spider." (Black humor is very common in Latin culture.)

I hope she gets IDed.

I just got an email saying Marcella Cortez is no longer missing.... She was located in Mexico.... So that rules her out

[h=1]Dia De Los Muertos: OC Coroner Honoring The Unidentified Dead[/h]
0600704sketch-1509566065-2774.jpg

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA — Do you recognize any of these faces? In honor of Dia de los Muertos, a holiday to remember friends and family members who have died, the Orange County Sheriff Coroner is remembering some of their unidentified decedents from over the years and requesting the public's assistance to get them identified.
Jane Doe was found Jan. 31, 2006 off Ortega Highway in Trabuco Canyon. She is estimated to have been 25-35 years old. She was 5'1" tall and weighed 113 pounds. She is suspected to be a Hispanic female with medium-to-long black curly hair, dark complexion and brown eyes. She had a small scar underneath her belly button, and a tattoo of a rose with a web-like design on her left forearm. She was wearing jeans and a black shirt with a white floral design. She had acrylic French-tipped fingernails with a small heart on each nail tip. Findings at autopsy suggest she had a prior cesarean section. Case No. 06-00704-KI.
https://patch.com/california/founta...tos-oc-coroner-honoring-the-unidentified-dead

Reactions: byo
Now 33 names on the rule outs-
Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Amy Bocanegra 1977 California
Teresa Butler 1970 Missouri
Kandie Cornett 1979 California
Joyce Crider 1970 Kentucky
Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
Araceli Estupian 1994 California