Identified! CA - Vacaville, Wht/NtvFem 63UFCA, 25-35, prominent nose, pointed chin, Apr'91 - Cynthia Bilardi

I note the Vacaville PD have a very active facebook page so I have private messaged that page asking if they can confirm she's been ID'd, and if so, would make the identity of the Jane Doe public.

I note the Vacaville PD have a very active facebook page so I have private messaged that page asking if they can confirm she's been ID'd, and if so, would make the identity of the Jane Doe public.
I have had a response from Vacaville PD which basically confirmed that there had been progress in the case but that they aren't in a position to release any further info at this time. They suggested they would let me know more when they can so if that ever happens I'll be sure to update here.

So based on that, plus the fact that her Doe Network page says she's ID'd, I would guess they know who she is but still in the process of informing family and/or working on finding out who did it. My opinion only.

I have had a response from Vacaville PD which basically confirmed that there had been progress in the case but that they aren't in a position to release any further info at this time. They suggested they would let me know more when they can so if that ever happens I'll be sure to update here.

So based on that, plus the fact that her Doe Network page says she's ID'd, I would guess they know who she is but still in the process of informing family and/or working on finding out who did it. My opinion only.
Thank you, @sunnynz :)

Vacaville police identify 'Jane Doe' in 1991 cold case
VACAVILLE (KRON) - Vacaville police on Monday announced they had identified the "Jane Doe" who was found dead in a field in 1991.

According to police, the body has been identified as that of 38-year-old Cynthia Merkley, also known as Cynthia Bilardi.

Edited to remove photo not showing

Last edited:
"Bilardi had been estranged from her family for several years before her death, according to authorities. " She wasn't reported missing. Vacaville police identify 'Jane Doe' in 1991 cold case

Bilardi with the reconstructions. Pretty close, though she seems to have been a more attractive woman than the recons show.

janedoe_1552310971458_76769306_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

Little snippets from article:

'Jane Doe' ID'd 28 years after body found at Vacaville construction site

vacaville-jane-doe-case-cynthia-merkley-1552319114.png

(click to enlarge)

Vacaville police said the department received leads, but was unable to identify the woman until the end of 2018.

Then, the Cal-DOJ Missing Persons Unit contacted detectives and said it had identified the woman using fingerprint technology. She's been identified as Cynthia Merkley, also known as Cynthia Bilardi.

Merkley wasn't reported as a missing person at the time of her death, police said. She was 38 years old when she died and had been estranged from her family for several years.

A woman whose body was found during the construction of a outlet mall in 1991 has been identified 28 years after her death, Vacaville police said.

Edit: Just to add - I assume it was new fingerprint technology by FBI who cooperates in last 2 years with NamUs that identified her. They do use partial fingerprints as well. (just assumption as regular fingertprints check did not identify her prior to that)

Edit: Just to add - I assume it was new fingerprint technology by FBI who cooperates in last 2 years with NamUs that identified her. They do use partial fingerprints as well. (just assumption as regular fingertprints check did not identify her prior to that)

snipped by me--that's possible. In addition, they've added several other fingerprint databases to the main one, including the database of federal employees. So it's possible that her prints just hadn't been added until relatively recently.

Either way, it's great that she matched and great that she has her name back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back