CA CA - Vicky Caswick, 14, Cerritos, 16 April 1979

Geocam

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on either of these unsolved cases?

On August 12, 1974, Barbara Elaine Hall was reported missing after she failed to make it home after work at a daycare facility. The next day, her fully clothed body was found on a bridle trail in Claremont, California.

On April 16, 1979, Vicky Lynne Caswick, a 9th-grade student at Cerritos High School, was kidnapped on her way to school. Thirteen months later her body was found south of the Pomona Freeway in Rowland Heights.

Even if all you know is more details about the crimes themselves, please let me know.

Thanks,
Geocam

I don't know if there is any connection between the two cases you mention, or if there is a connection with the below individual, but Ellwood Leroy Leuschner was a serial rapist and murderer who was released from prison in California about the same time that the first woman went missing. Although I do not know the specifics of the 1974 case, Mr. Leuschner might be a person of interest.

You can check out the thread in this forum titled: Meet Ellwood Leroy LEUSCHNER serial rapist and murderer at the following link.

Link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13243&highlight=leuschner

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/general-news/20101229/detectives-say-dna-proves-killer-of-baldwin-park-girl-also-strangled-pomona-woman

"Barbara Elaine Hall usually took a bus from her job at a Pomona day care center, arriving home around 4 p.m.

But on Aug. 12, 1974, the 29-year-old Pomona woman went missing after leaving work. The next day, her body was discovered on a bridle trail in Claremont.

Through DNA testing, investigators discovered Hall's murderer: a convicted killer, rapist and child molester named Robert Edward Stansbury, a hulking former ice cream truck driver whose sexual offenses date to 1959.

On Dec. 12, 2003, while awaiting execution for the 1982 rape and murder of 10-year-old Robyn Leigh Jackson of Baldwin Park, whose body he dumped in a Pasadena flood control channel, Stansbury died on San Quentin's Death Row at age 60.
Now, detectives want to know who else Stansbury killed, molested and raped. They're searching for additional victims - living and dead."

My mother is Vicky’s cousin. She was technically found off the Disneyland service road near the Maintenance building, decomposed with her bra wrapped around her neck.

My mother is Vicky’s cousin. She was technically found off the Disneyland service road near the Maintenance building, decomposed with her bra wrapped around her neck.
They thought it was Bundy but the date is off.

Could you possibly email me? I am a podcaster and I am doing a case that seems very similiar in time, age and location to Vickys case, and I was hoping to get more information.

Vicky Lynne Caswick, 14, Murdered April 16 1979
screen-shot-2020-06-26-at-5.07.59-pm.png

LINK:

Kerry Patterson

I can’t understand why there isn’t any articles on Vicky Lynne Caswick. I’m trying to find information on this case through archives and I’m not finding anything. Please post any information with sources.
With Kerry Patterson and Vicky Lynne Caswick there are some eerie similarities and I’m wondering if there are other cold cases in the area that have not been given much or any press.

Also, the number of possible serial killers in the area is astounding.

I’m still at a complete loss on the lack of news articles on the Vicky Lynne Caswick case. I’ve searched the archives of newspapers several times and I haven’t found a single article.

I did find a death and birth date through the California Death record index.

Vickie Lynne Caswick

Birth Date: 12 Oct 1964
Birth Place: California
Death Date: 20 May 1979
Death Place: Los Angeles

That’s interesting because the sources above state her decomposed body was found 13 months later . This is posted here too :Kerry Patterson

Why is a death date listed as May 20th 1979? Where did that date come from? It’s not the date she went missing….maybe they found the body on May 20th 1980 and estimated it to be a year prior ?

In following the post it seems like there is also only a single PDF citing her body being found off the Pomona freeway. Again, I haven’t found any news articles.

My older niece Terry, was Vicky's best friend and lived a few houses down from her. Years back, I spoke with the detective who worked on Vicky's case and he told me that they couldn't prove it at the time but they believed Vicky's murderer to be the step father of a friend and classmate who lived across the street from her. This man they suspected had since passed away.

They thought it was Bundy but the date is off.
My older niece Terry, was Vicky's best friend and lived a few houses down from her. Years back, I spoke with the detective who worked on Vicky's case and he told me that they couldn't prove it at the time but they believed Vicky's murderer to be the step father of a friend and classmate who lived across the street from her. This man they suspected had since passed away.
Hello there JoJo and Chrisnina. I'm a news producer looking for information on Vicky's case. Could you contact me at Lisa.Bartley@abc.com please? Thank you, Lisa

Vicky Lynne Caswick​

Birth 12 Oct 1964 - Unavailable
Death 1979 - Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, California, USA
Mother Patricia Ann Bernhardt
Father Robert James Caswick

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics