Cal-Sag Channel Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW - take a couple of days off for bronchitis and look at what happens....

Dear Lord,
Please keep the divers safe from harm or injury of any kind. Please hold Stacy's family in your loving arms and bring her home to them. Please, Dear Lord, let them find her so that her children will at least have a place to go and visit their mom. Please guide LE with knowledge to put this where he truely needs to be.
Please keep Stacy's children safe while in their father's care.
Amen.

I hope today is the day that Stacy is found and returned to her family. Not the way I wanted her to be found, but at least she will lie in peace.

I looked at the photos of the search on Greta's blog and FYI they're accessing the canal from the EAST side of the canal (the State Street/IL-171 side).

FWIW, Drew Peterson would NOT have had access to that canal from the EAST side of Division Street because it's restricted; authorized personnel only because it's the access road to the water reclamation plant.

Drew WOULD have had access to the canal from the WEST side of Division Street (near Rt. 53) as I've always suspected. It's more private and there is virtually no traffic there and is heavily wooded.

I did see a gate in the arial shots yesterday. And that's interesting that they are searching on the restricted side. What info does LE have that leads them to believe that Drew went into a restricted area?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/683803,CST-NWS-boling06.article

(snip)
A diver involved in the seven-hour effort said the cars were moved to enable special underwater cameras to peer through the murk for the blue barrel in which the 23-year-old woman may have been placed.

Thanks for posting this SuziQ. I wonder when they'll start. Gosh I hate to think of her in that barrel down under the murky water tossed away like trash. This case reminds me so much of Laci's. I couldn't bear to think of her out there in that bay alone in the dark. What is with these men?

ETA: Hearing her voicemail took me right back to when we first heard and saw Laci on the video that was released. It just breaks my heart.

Kind of an aside, but I wonder if moving the cars will dislodge them and interfere with canal traffic.

It does sound like a precarious situation. I wonder if they've extended the ban on barge traffic beyond the original 24 hours?

Does anyone know what time the searches will resume and if there will be live feed today?

At noon today MSNBC reported special equipment is coming from Minnesota and the search will run through the weekend. They mentioned Sidescan Sonar, and remote cameras. They said the search is continuing, but didn't show any new video.

Greybeard

I did see a gate in the arial shots yesterday. And that's interesting that they are searching on the restricted side. What info does LE have that leads them to believe that Drew went into a restricted area?

I think it's because it's easier to get their emergency vehicles and tow trucks over there than it is to go on the Rt. 53 side, as they'd have to cross a skinny bridge over the Des Plaines to get to the Canal. IDK if that bridge is actually wide enough for emergency vehicles and/or tow trucks to cross, so that's probably why they're on the restricted side.

I highly doubt Drew got into the restricted side. If he did, I'd be shocked. His Bolingbrook badge would have no pull at a Lockport Water Reclamation Plant/Dog Kennel (I you not, Animal Control has only 3 cages there for found dogs; my mom had to go there to pick her dog up once and she was shocked how small it was and that it was at the water rec place! LOL) I believe there is someone there 24-hours a day as well... I wonder if they questioned whomever was working that shift...

ETA: I'm pretty certain that if Drew dumped Stacy in the canal, he did it from the Western side (the Rt. 53 side) than the Restricted Side (State Street/Water Reclamation Plant/Dog Kennel LOL). It's much more isolated on that side and no one, and I mean no one, would even have a clue that he was there (besides LE, of course!)

I think it's because it's easier to get their emergency vehicles and tow trucks over there than it is to go on the Rt. 53 side, as they'd have to cross a skinny bridge over the Des Plaines to get to the Canal. IDK if that bridge is actually wide enough for emergency vehicles and/or tow trucks to cross, so that's probably why they're on the restricted side.

I highly doubt Drew got into the restricted side. His Bolingbrook badge would have no pull at a Lockport Water Reclamation Plant/Dog Kennel (I you not, Animal Control has 3 cages there for found dogs; my mom had to go there to pick her dog up once! LOL) I believe there is someone there 24-hours a day as well...

ETA: I'm pretty certain that if Drew dumped Stacy in the canal, he did it from the Western side (the Rt. 53 side) than the Restricted Side (State Street/Water Reclamation Plant/Dog Kennel LOL). It's much more isolated on that side and no one, and I mean no one, would even have a clue that he was there (besides LE, of course!)

Thanks for your patience in explaining this. I'm trying to get a visualization here. So if Drew dumped Stacy on Rt. 53 side, wouldn't the divers be on that side even though easy access for them is on the restricted side? They were searching on the restricted side right?

I agree with you on Animal Control. Most cities have had to implement high security because of thefts relating to dog fighting.

Regarding Special Equipment:
I just wanted to add that during the search for Laci Peterson I did quite a few emails with one of the searchers in that case. The man is Mr. Gene Ralston from Idaho. He and his wife travel all over the U. S. doing searchs just like this one, mostly for drowning victims. I posted this for anyone who wants to know how that equipment works. He explains it quite well on his web site. That camper rig pulls his boat many miles per year.
This is his web site.
http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html

One other thing I wanted to mention. I happen to have an underwater camera myself that
Uses infared light so even in pitch black conditions at night I can see a fish. Mine was only a few hundred dollars and works great. I would love to try the cameras the big boys are using for this search eh?

Greybeard

Many thanks to Dee for explaining the different areas in Ill.
That has sure helped me too.

I have only been reading since I am in a cast on my right hand and arm, hard to type with left hand. Has anyone thought that the barrel may have been taken to a toxic waste dump, there it wouldn't stand out much because I am sure there are many just like it there. May be the wrong place to post this but it has been bugging me for days.

I have only been reading since I am in a cast on my right hand and arm, hard to type with left hand. Has anyone thought that the barrel may have been taken to a toxic waste dump, there it wouldn't stand out much because I am sure there are many just like it there. May be the wrong place to post this but it has been bugging me for days.

Yes, it has been mentioned, but not by police as far as I know. I am sure they have considered the possibility, but it looks like they may have other info which would point toward a disposal in a body of water. I think they are using info from the Denali's onboard tracking system, a feature which apparently came with that model of SUV.

Sorry you are hurt. If I broke both arms I would have to find a way to type with my toes, 'cause I can't keep my big mouth shut!

Maybe we should have precautionary toe training in our WS recovery spa. Forget the recovery part, just spa me.

Susan

Thanks for your patience in explaining this. I'm trying to get a visualization here. So if Drew dumped Stacy on Rt. 53 side, wouldn't the divers be on that side even though easy access for them is on the restricted side? They were searching on the restricted side right?

I agree with you on Animal Control. Most cities have had to implement high security because of thefts relating to dog fighting.

Well, it's just weird because it's the Water Reclamation Plant AND the dog kennel. LOL :rolleyes:

The current seems unusually strong in the video of the divers, so that *could* attribute to the potential barrel being on the East side of the canal if he dumped it from the West side. Unless they were actually searching the on the West side of the canal and I have my directions screwed up. It appears there was media watching, IIRC? I didn't think the media was allowed into the restricted side, so if there was media watching, then I believe they had to have been searching the Western edge of the canal. I'll review the footage if I can find any and let you know what I see. Now I'M confused! LOL

FWIW, the S&S Canal fluctuates in width from 110 to 200 feet and is about 20 feet deep, but depth fluctuates as well.

Yes, it has been mentioned, but not by police as far as I know. I am sure they have considered the possibility, but it looks like they may have other info which would point toward a disposal in a body of water. I think they are using info from the Denali's onboard tracking system, a feature which apparently came with that model of SUV.

Sorry you are hurt. If I broke both arms I would have to find a way to type with my toes, 'cause I can't keep my big mouth shut!

Maybe we should have precautionary toe training in our WS recovery spa. Forget the recovery part, just spa me.

Susan
What I read from an Onstar spokesperson is they don't track a person's vehicle continually...only at the person's request directly to Onstar. However, LE changed the wording from the first sw looking for the GPS system to include a more specific type of system. They weren't very clear as to the difference...at least to me.

Kyresearch~ Sorry about your arm! Hope you heal up soon! I don't even know how they would go about searching a toxic waste dump site. Ack!

I like the idea about toe training at the spa. I think carpal tunnel is going to be a problem eventually for many people. LOL

I would not doubt that Drew could gain access to anywhere Drew decides he wants to go...East, West, North, or South sides of the canal. He has friends in many, many places...or at least...he did. Ok well maybe we shouldn't call them "friends".

What I read from an Onstar spokesperson is they don't track a person's vehicle continually...only at the person's request directly to Onstar. However, LE changed the wording from the first sw looking for the GPS system to include a more specific type of system. They weren't very clear as to the difference...at least to me.

Kyresearch~ Sorry about your arm! Hope you heal up soon! I don't even know how they would go about searching a toxic waste dump site. Ack!

I like the idea about toe training at the spa. I think carpal tunnel is going to be a problem eventually for many people. LOL

I would not doubt that Drew could gain access to anywhere Drew decides he wants to go...East, West, North, or South sides of the canal. He has friends in many, many places...or at least...he did. Ok well maybe we shouldn't call them "friends".

Maybe it's a LoJack Tracking System? My brother's a mechanic and he installs them. http://www.lojack.com/

Are LoJack's an indash system? The warrant allegedly specified an "in dash GPS system"? Also are they standard on any vehicles, or is this something that Drew P would have had to have installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125