CALGARY....Newborn rescued from northwest trash bin in stable condition

Valleyboy

Grumpy Old Man..
Reaction score
http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/N...est+trash+stable+condition/3695688/story.html

CALGARY - Passersby reached into a trash bin at a northwest Calgary townhouse complex Tuesday to rescue a newborn boy who was wrapped in a bag and tossed into the garbage.

James Patton was walking his dog through Queen’s Park Village just before 1:20 p.m. when a man and woman told him they heard a baby’s cries coming from inside the bin.

“A girl said she heard something, he tore open a garbage bag,” Patton said.

They found a naked baby boy with his umbilical cord still attached.

“I ripped off my shirt,” said Patton. “I kept the baby warm.”

Don't people know there are options?

Thank god this baby was found in time!

This story is getting wierd,

http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...er-didn-t-know-child-he-helped-rescue-was-his

Dumpster baby's father didn't know child he helped rescue was his

A man who helped rescue a newborn baby from a dumpster in northwest Calgary Tuesday was stunned to discover he was the child's father.

The man tells The Calgary Herald, his girlfriend had told him over the last while that she hadn't been feeling well, so when he went to work that morning, he didn't think anything was out of the ordinary.

He says he had no reason to come home, but got a bad feeling in his stomach and headed home for lunch.

When he pulled in, a girl said she though she heard a baby in the dumpster. He jumped in and found the child.

The 30 year-old says the first sight of his son was covered in garbage.

It wasn't until his interview was over with police that he learned he was the baby's father.

Charges are pending against the child's 29 year-old mother.

This story is getting wierd,

http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...er-didn-t-know-child-he-helped-rescue-was-his

Dumpster baby's father didn't know child he helped rescue was his

A man who helped rescue a newborn baby from a dumpster in northwest Calgary Tuesday was stunned to discover he was the child's father.

The man tells The Calgary Herald, his girlfriend had told him over the last while that she hadn't been feeling well, so when he went to work that morning, he didn't think anything was out of the ordinary.

He says he had no reason to come home, but got a bad feeling in his stomach and headed home for lunch.

When he pulled in, a girl said she though she heard a baby in the dumpster. He jumped in and found the child.

The 30 year-old says the first sight of his son was covered in garbage.

It wasn't until his interview was over with police that he learned he was the baby's father.

Charges are pending against the child's 29 year-old mother.

wow. wow, wow, wow. that is very strange indeed! Assuming he has NO role in this (i'm jaded what can I say) then how horrible that must have been for him! Thank goodness someone alerted him to the babies crying :( poor baby :(

Hmmmm. My hinky meter is twitching somethin' a fierce on this one.

Mother of baby left in dumpster identified
Glory Przekop Oct 20, 2010

SNIPPED................................

A psychological assessment will be performed on the woman this morning.

Police say the woman may not have known she was pregnant until the birth and the father did not know about it either until the infant was discovered.

Charges are pending against the woman.

http://www.660news.com/news/local/article/117544--mother-of-baby-left-in-dumpster-identified

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/21102010...orn-found-northwest-trash-bin-identified.html

Suddenly needing a crib, diapers and baby clothes, a new Calgary father was in a rush Wednesday morning to get the essentials for his little boy.

He vows the infant will be well cared for and promises to fight for custody.

In his first interview since the ordeal, the man whose baby was found in a northwest garbage bin Tuesday -- by himself without knowing he was looking at his son -- said he will do whatever he can for the infant that he and the baby's mom didn't know was coming.

much more at link

I didn't know whether to post this story here or in the Bizarre news forum. It kinda qualifies as both. I decided to put it here because his actions and attitude are so heart-warming. He saved the baby and is determined to raise him well.

I don't know what to say except that I'm happy the baby boy is alive!

This really is a bizarre story! It's also a good news outcome.

There is a show on TV, I think it's called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". I guess it does happen.

I'm so glad he is willing to take care of the baby. He says he is not mad at his girlfriend - I think he is in shock, doesn't really know what he feels yet, kwim?

O/T - My bro's girlfriend got pregnant and didn't know. She is an older mom, never pregnant before and taking precautions. She was 5 months along before she found out and only found out because it was a very difficult pregnancy. Her water broke and the baby was born at 6 mo.s. Baby was in the hospital for months before she got to come home. Very scary. Baby is now a little 4-year old imp :) She still has a few medical problems - but she is the sweetest little girl!

Salem

Hmmm... Well, I don't know about the details, but wrapping the baby in his shirt sounds like good paternal instinct. I'd like to know if he spoke to his girlfriend before he came home and what might have been said. I'd also REALLY like to know why the original witnesses who heard the baby boy didn't rescue him themselves!

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/local/ab/dumpster_baby_rescuer_says_hes_the_dad/2b58ce09

More at link...

"I pulled into my parking spot and hadn't even got to the back of my truck and a girl said, 'I think hear a baby in the dumpster.' So I, you know - no knowledge at this time that this is my kid whatsoever - I went running over," he said.

"And I jumped in and I removed the stuff and I personally opened the bag. My first sight of my baby was covered in garbage."

Maybe the couple who heard the baby crying were not willing to crawl into a dumpster, and the told the, well, father what they heard, and he did jump in.

I'd like to see a picture of the "mother" ... it beats me how a woman could not know she was pregnant, although we hear about it now and then, and if we hear about it, then it's not usually completely good news, as in this case. Baby OK, but mommy tried to get rid of him.

It really baffles me, always, about unknown pregnancies. There was never any doubt about me, lol. I knew it, my DH knew it, and anyone who saw me knew it.

It doesn't sound like daddy knew about his son, and I hope that he didn't, and is willing to raise him or give him up for adoption.

Wow! What a story....I had read the the first release where this baby was discovered, by this man. Plainly, the Mother needs some psychological help based on the fact, that she would even do this horrible act, in the first place. I hope she gets the help she needs. And I truely wish him and his son the best! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back