Can any of our new members help?

I admit I'm new and that I'm only about a third of the way through reading up on this case, but I keep coming back to that timeline. The timeline on NC Wanted is from LE (as evidenced by their call previously to correct it), Raven says he got home at 10:40 (and the timing is right for that trip), and the autopsy puts the TOD at 10:55. Why is Raven not locked up?

I know there needs to be a lot of evidence, but I'm just having trouble getting past this. His own words put him there when she died. I understand that the autopsy may not be infallible (sp?), but to feel confident enough to list time of injury and TOD to the minute? What am I missing? :confused:

Daphne I wish I had more to help you out here.

All I know is about....is a big word.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/LTUCher/Janet Marie Christiansen/Autopsy/AR1.jpg

The time line on NC Wanted doesn't mean mean much to me at all actually.

If we look at the medical examiner's report the Medical Examiner did not view Janet's body for like how many hours after she was murdered? Almost 48 hours after she was murdered.

I am taking the ME report time line with a grain of salt at this time until I see forensics on stomach content, temperature of the home, temperature of the body by EMT's, and other forensic information, which are not included with this report.

Because of the beginning part of the statement indicating that they collected a lot of forensic evidence at the scene, I take it to mean that there was no foreign forensic evidence found. That within all of that evidence, there was nothing that was unfamiliar or unexplained. JMO.

so according to forensics, there was no dna left by someone other than they would assume or know to have access to the house.

IMO, wouldn't that pretty will limit the scope of suspects? ie Raven?

I still can't believe they don't have enough to bring this to trial. Course same goes for Michelle Young's case as well.

JMHO
fran

Like terminatrixator said, without an ME examining Janet for 48 hours, I'm not sure that the TOD is accurate. I don't know if we'll ever know that. It seems that something is wrong with the gathered evidence as it stands or we would have seen him arrested by now.

I can't see how a ME could pinpoint TOD to the minute when he didn't see the victim for 48 hours. Perhaps the TOD has been determined based on those very measurements that term mentioned, like body temp by EMT's, etc., but we haven't seen those to know for sure.

so according to forensics, there was no dna left by someone other than they would assume or know to have access to the house.

IMO, wouldn't that pretty will limit the scope of suspects? ie Raven?
Exactly. That's the situation as I understand it - that there is no DNA that wouldn't make sense.

I've been reading a lot of these threads (and still have several to go), but I'm beginning to form a theory that I will post soon. Before I do, though, I have a few questions that I thought someone might have the answer to.

• Do we know for certain that Janet was stabbed from the back or is that an educated guess?
  • Did anyone ever determine where the VX was during the time of the murder? I thought someone mentioned down the the road with a For Sale sign on it.
  • The NC Wanted broadcast mentions that Raven made a stop on the way home from the soccer game. Do we know where or for how long? Has this been confirmed?
  • Do we know anything about the layout of the upstairs of the house, particularly the office? Was the computer desk situated so that you would be facing the door if you sat there? Where was the office in relation to Kaiden's room and the staircase?
  • It would seem reasonable to surmise that Raven is right-handed. Does anyone know for sure?

I don't know if I'll have much that's new to add, but I'll keep reading and posting. Hopefully, there will be justice for Janet soon.

It's been a while since I looked over this case. But, could LE have meant by 'what evidence you don't find.....
This new article that was posted on another WS thread by another poster mentions what we've discussed many times. This, of course, does not verify anything but I found it important to post here:

Domestic Homicides Pose Challenges - NC Wanted

Boyce says domestic homicides can be especially difficult to clear because DNA evidence is often useless. Although DNA is used to solve many homicides, a spouse's DNA will naturally be found in the home and on the victim.

"There may be a very plausible reason for an individual's DNA to appear or a fingerprint to appear in the house, on the car, even on the body," Boyce said.

I'll do my best to answer these questions based on the most reliable information we have. I know that I'm going to have to dig around for the answers so I will answer the questions as I find the answers. Therefore, I might have to edit my post to add more information, question by question.
  • Do we know for certain that Janet was stabbed from the back or is that an educated guess?
  • Did anyone ever determine where the VX was during the time of the murder? I thought someone mentioned down the the road with a For Sale sign on it.
  • The NC Wanted broadcast mentions that Raven made a stop on the way home from the soccer game. Do we know where or for how long? Has this been confirmed?
  • Do we know anything about the layout of the upstairs of the house, particularly the office? Was the computer desk situated so that you would be facing the door if you sat there? Where was the office in relation to Kaiden's room and the staircase?
  • It would seem reasonable to surmise that Raven is right-handed. Does anyone know for sure?
* Based on a reread of the most reliable information I have, there is no official mention of whether the stab wounds came from the front or the back. We spent a lot of time debating the issue (on the "Raven Says ..." thread) based on the direction of the wounds but unless there's information around here that I've been unable to locate, any statements about whether the wounds were inflicted from in front or behind are educated guesses.

* As far as I recall, (and searching the threads has not indicated anything to the contrary), it was mentioned that the VX was usually on the road with a "for sale" sign on it but I don't recall ever seeing an official mention of the location of that vehicle at that time. We debated (on the "Evidence" and "Evidence 2" threads) why that vehicle wouldn't have been mentioned in the search warrant; that simply having it parked on the street rather than in the driveway wouldn't have been enough reason for LE not to search it so many believed that the VX must have been elsewhere. I don't know if anyone else has ever learned any definitive information about it.

* The grapevine has been a source for much of the information about the stop. As far as I know, however, we've seen no official documentation about the stop.

* For now, I can't speak to the layout. When I have more time, I will fish around for pictures or any posted information but I can't recall any at this time.

* I found a post indicating that a fellow poster by the name of madhatter stated that Raven is right-handed. I'm not sure who madhatter is at this point or how s/he would know but that's all I could find on this issue. Here's madhatter's post, (s/he only made 14 posts and hasn't been on WS since November 2005): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Raven Says . . .

Daphne, thank you so much for asking questions. I'm so happy when discussion starts anew in this case. I always hope that we'll be able to get a view that we've never thought of or discover information that somehow slipped by. I'll do my best to answer as many as you ask as I'm sure so many others on this forum will be happy to do as well.

post_old.gif
08-18-2005, 08:31 AM
JerseyGirl
user_online.gif

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!

Janet Abaroa was stabbed in the neck and chest. It was likely the wound to the base of her neck, which cut into an artery and lung, that was the fatal blow, the report says. A sharp object also cut the woman's right middle finger, the report shows. (From the pregnancy thread.)

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

Jersey,

You are doing a great job with the questions. Sorry I've been sick for so long and unable to do ANYTHING. You keep up the great work.

JG good job indeed. I am so grateful that you are here

GRAPHIC - PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU WILL BE CAUSED UNDUE DISTRESS FROM GRAPHIC SCENERIOS.

I believe that Janet was stabbed from behind. The entry wounds could not be made if Janet was facing someone, in my educated opinion.

Janet did not fight the attacker. The person was someone she trusted enough to put her back to him. The person was someone that she trusted enough to allow him to put his arm around her.

During the interview and in comments Raven made to people Raven talked about looking at Kaiden in the crib and having a moment with Janet....well I'm sure they had a moment.

Janet probably went into the Office and he came up to her put his arm around her and was probably saying something about going to the soccer game and she thought nothing about him coming up behind her.

He had the knife in his right hand, and he put his left arm around her, which is why there was no scuffle. She would have not thought anything about him putting his arm around her.

Both Major stab wounds were enough to cause shock and eventually kill her. The hand wound was most likely a reflex wound as opposed to a defensive wound. She probably had a reflex which brought her hand up in which her finger was sliced.

He probably still had her around the neck and the next stab wound into the chest or the neck was just the finishing touch.

She probably did fall onto her knees during this, which is why Raven remembered to tell LE she was on her knees.

I cannot tell you which would came first, the neck or the chest, I'm assuming it was the neck, however, I am certain that nobody would have been able to sneak into that home, go up the stairs, walk up to Janet, put their arms around Janet, stab Janet and leave no dna, and no evidence.

I am just as certain that the entry wounds could not have been made by someone facing her.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Term and L L & S. I truly appreciate them and certainly both of you.

L L & S, I had no idea that you were sick. I hope that you are on the road to recovery. Please take care of yourself. :rose:

... I am certain that nobody would have been able to sneak into that home, go up the stairs, walk up to Janet, put their arms around Janet, stab Janet and leave no dna, and no evidence.
The lack of foreign DNA, (as implied by the investigator that was interviewed), cannot be discounted. Regardless of how the murder occured or in what positions the two parties were, a stabbing is a violent, hands-on crime. I don't know of any way to attack someone with that kind of ferocity without leaving some kind of evidence behind. A shooting, yes. A stabbing, no.

I totally agree with those who suspect Janet's husband.Also the investigators suggested, the murder wasn't a random act. No struggle, no foreign DNA,no signs of an intruder. I watched his interview on ncwanted. I saw nothin sincere about him, no grief, only faked emotions. He called his murdered wife 'the whole package' 'he was supposed to please'?? I think he is quite dangerous person, he probably has some mental issues.
He refused the polygraph, quite telling.

He seems to be quite glad that he managed to get away with this. IMO he was quite arrogant and controlling. The motive may have been the insurance money, or just to get rid of his wife. The second child may have been unwanted as their financial situation wasn't good.
Why/how did he get away with this??? Unbelievable.

Stillgoingstrong,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Janet's forum here. It's nice to see someone new.

We could use all the interest here as possible. Three years later and still nothing arrest.

The WRAL's show regarding cases like this really does put things into perspective. Someday, I pray there will be Justice for Janet and her unborn child.

I have read of other cases where there is no foreign DNA, with all signs pointing to someone who resides in the house. It seems that they are just waiting for this person to tell of their crime, or for the weapon to be found.

Raven's unemotion in the interview is a definate tell tale.

True, with no weapon, no witness, it really truly makes it a harder case to prove. Raven isn't going to confess though, which is something that is seemingly more evident.

With Raven and even some of the people in his family, it's about what the outside world perceives and that is quite evident, especially in knowing how this family works.

Some interesting reading from quite a while ago, actually puts you back into the beginning of the sleuthing of the case, and a blog I found that I believe even members here contributed to information. It's always good to go back over old things.

http://joeyblum.blogspot.com/2005/12/rest-of-articules.html

I believe fully his mother knows, but she has always known the mistakes and the screw ups of her children, and always swept them under the rug. It's ignored and denial is a river that flows through this mother. I guess it's something a lot of mother's do.

I've never seen anyone in his family come out and publicly state anythign about the loss of Janet and her unborn child. I don't know if it's self-preservation, or did they really not care?

When Raven embezzled from from Eurosports the shoes were mailed out from NC and many things were sent to his Mother's home. After he was caught for the embezzlement, I really don't understand how things went from his Mom's out. He wasn't there, so why wasn't the Mother brought in for questioning? I don't see how she didn't get indicted on the embezzlement scheme, Janet didn't know about this until after Raven was arrested, she had nothing to do with the scheme, the plot, didn't see the shoes coming or going, but his Mother had to have known about it, as her address is the one things shipped too and out of, or do I have this information wrong? If so, someone please clarify for me.

I know that Raven has been a thief a long time and she's known about his thieving ways but always made up excuses for it, even when Raven was a child.

Raven may have told people he confessed to his "indiscretions" (CHEATING) to a Bishop or someone in the Church, but in the Mormon religion if he confessed the crime of Murder, the Mormon Church is suppose to inform Law Enforcement. It's not like an attorney-client privilege. He would also be excommunicated. That hasn't happened, so he has not confessed. If he did confess to someone in the Church, that person has the responsibility to inform Law Enforcement, period.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/07229952032021039127

April 2005 - Just before the murder of Janet.

How weird that Raven's favorite movies are the Matrix, Blade (kinda gives you the chills), Airborne, Oceans 11 & 12 (well, no big surprise here, we know stealing is part of his nature, HP, Canyon Cycles, Endeavor Sports and I'm sure I'm missing some).

His interests are interesting: Religion, family, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, hiking, mountain biking, bmx, etc.

BMX, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Volleyball, Soccer, family & Religion in THAT order is more accurate. I look back at this and I bet we could come up with at least 100 people ore more that would attest to my list being more accurate than Raven's list.

We also know he was unemotional at his own wife and unborn child's Memorial and knowing this from the post by "family friend" and we also know he was dating other girls during the time frame of the murder.

People that know Raven should take this quiz and answer honestly:

http://crime.about.com/od/quiz/a/psychopathquiz.htm

Thanks for taking interest in Janet's case Debbie Miller, it's definitely nice to get a fresh set of eyes here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back