Can we talk about the dictionary?

Reaction score
Whyyyyy would you wipe the blood off the body (with Windex? So horrible) and then mark, dog ear the page, the reason for the coverup in an open dictionary in the study.
We all believe Stevie T, yes? Has anyone ever seen this crime scene photo? Kolar?
Who marked the dictionary, and who would want to draw attention to incest?
John signaling John A and Melinda, or Jeff and Mike? Wtf even. I don’t get this at all...

Notoriously, the Rs at once invited several people to the house on that Dec. 26 morning, and the crowd grew. Nobody took track of these visitors as they moved about the house. As others have purposed, one of the people there could have suspected/known about the SA of JB, and turned to the page that included 'incest' as a clue for LE. It sounds a bit Agatha Christie-like, but it is possible. Something that is chronic leaves a sort of pattern over time; and so, it falls into the realm of the detectable.

BR would be the only R in need of a definition. But, there are different reasons why he may have looked it up. Of course, JB couldn't read.
On the other hand, one parent may have wanted to silently accuse the other for the SA which they knew had been occurring for awhile? Or it was intended as a frame by one parent for another? Or a left over, half-forgotten detail from an earlier version of the staging? The Rs invented IDI. Rather murkily, they understood that, still, a motive for the killing was required for that scenario to play.

Notoriously, the Rs at once invited several people to the house on that Dec. 26 morning, and the crowd grew. Nobody took track of these visitors as they moved about the house. As others have purposed, one of the people there could have suspected/known about the SA of JB, and turned to the page that included 'incest' as a clue for LE. It sounds a bit Agatha Christie-like, but it is possible. Something that is chronic leaves a sort of pattern over time; and so, it falls into the realm of the detectable.

BR would be the only R in need of a definition. But, there are different reasons why he may have looked it up. Of course, JB couldn't read.
On the other hand, one parent may have wanted to silently accuse the other for the SA which they knew had been occurring for awhile? Or it was intended as a frame by one parent for another? Or a left over, half-forgotten detail from an earlier version of the staging? The Rs invented IDI. Rather murkily, they understood that, still, a motive for the killing was required for that scenario to play.
Fascinating. Thanks. It’s so incriminating I wonder if it was John to message his brother. Or his younger kids but why burden them, maybe to explain why if they were taken into custody, but it’s still vague, it’s the motive for the coverup, so the family members would have to know that inappropriate behaviors were already going on and it escalated.
Nedra gets a call when Arndt is present that morning a very little talked about call—but grandma who’s favorite granddaughter is allegedly kidnapped doesn’t leave Atlanta, just stays put and fingers Linds H P as a suspect. She knows what’s up, that Johnny can’t tell right from wrong. She knows something horrible has happened and who is responsible. This call may have set into motion other calls through Don to Mike Jeff and a team of attorneys. Who knows. Fascinating Proust, thanks.

No parent needs to lookup incest. Only BR needs a definition as he might not understand precisely what counts?

As staging it is redundant, because of course JonBenet's internal injuries suggest immediately this is what investigators are dealing with.

Since the staging was intended to hide this aspect why bother highlighting it in a dictionary, where is the percentage?

Unless Patsy or John told BR what had taken place was an example of incest, i.e so we have to collude to stage it all away.

Except nonplussed BR toddled upstairs to check out the dictionary definition?

No parent needs to lookup incest. Only BR needs a definition as he might not understand precisely what counts?

As staging it is redundant, because of course JonBenet's internal injuries suggest immediately this is what investigators are dealing with.

Since the staging was intended to hide this aspect why bother highlighting it in a dictionary, where is the percentage?

Unless Patsy or John told BR what had taken place was an example of incest, i.e so we have to collude to stage it all away.

Except nonplussed BR toddled upstairs to check out the dictionary definition?

Yeah, it was an oversight that they didn’t see or undo in the staging. Literally he’s like what does that mean? Ok mark that it’s important. For all their wealth, this family did not have the resources to manage these behaviors. They were given a second chance to try. This is very painful and tragic. I hope for Stevie Ts part that he knows what is at the heart of this mess, that someone had the courtesy to tell him WHY there was a coverup. He deserves to know.

The redundant is a characteristic of the whole mess. For instance, it is apparent in the RN, and also: the two 911s, the dual means of lethality, PR and Pam both as Miss WV, JR losing two daughters, JR having two of his kids named after him, two trips to the basement, two trips to NYC, two bikes, two similar dogs, two packages of Days-0f-the-Weeks, two Christmas parties, "two people out there who know what happened", et al.

I know a few languages and I use dictionary few times a week when I have to write something. English is not my native language and I use sometimes writing service for my assignments or essays, etc. But I used only good service that's why after reading edubirdie reviews I ask them every other time for help me with some work. When you look at just their reviews you can see they are well-written and I found even new words that I had to search in the dictionary.

When I hear the word incest, I think brother/ sister, cousins, ect. I know it could be applied to parents but if someone was pointing a finger at JR, I would expect other defining words like CM or pedophile.
I'm curious how others define this word in everyday language.

I define it as you do and I am English.
It refers to anyone who is closely related, and so by definition includes parents. Although I think for most people the thought of a parent having relations with their child is so abhorrent we first think of siblings, etc. I am reminded though of John and Mackenzie Phillips.

What sticks in my mind is some of the verbiage in the ransom note. If one believes that Patsy was the author, as I do, there sure seems to be some very specific & negative digs at John. It appears that she had some anger towards him, which begs the question why?

It refers to anyone who is closely related, and so by definition includes parents. Although I think for most people the thought of a parent having relations with their child is so abhorrent we first think of siblings, etc. I am reminded though of John and Mackenzie Phillips.

What sticks in my mind is some of the verbiage in the ransom note. If one believes that Patsy was the author, as I do, there sure seems to be some very specific & negative digs at John. It appears that she had some anger towards him, which begs the question why?
Difference in opinion as to how to handle the accident?
If you take the position that there was an "accident" caused by either PR or BR, perhaps JR felt it best to report it. Which, obviously, it would have. Remember the 911 call from the friends house? I think that call is significant.

Difference in opinion as to how to handle the accident?
If you take the position that there was an "accident" caused by either PR or BR, perhaps JR felt it best to report it. Which, obviously, it would have. Remember the 911 call from the friends house? I think that call is significant.
Possibly. I can’t imagine though, if it were truly an accident, what the argument would be to not report it. There was something that needed to be hidden. The 911 call came from the R house during that party on 12/23. It’s certainly an interesting aspect that has questions surrounding it.

Possibly. I can’t imagine though, if it were truly an accident, what the argument would be to not report it. There was something that needed to be hidden. The 911 call came from the R house during that party on 12/23. It’s certainly an interesting aspect that has questions surrounding it.

That's why I put it in quotes..maybe did not convey enough but I yes the violent end of JBs life.
One theory I have is there was inappropriate goings on involving kids on the 23rd and someone rightfully called the police but it was squelched. Fast forward the next day, another party with some of the same the same kids who may have said something mean regarding the incident the day before. Could this be why she was sad and didn't feel pretty. I feel the feeling not pretty was sparked by something someone said. ( Trying to think like a little girl. It's been a while!)

That's why I put it in quotes..maybe did not convey enough but I yes the violent end of JBs life.
One theory I have is there was inappropriate goings on involving kids on the 23rd and someone rightfully called the police but it was squelched. Fast forward the next day, another party with some of the same the same kids who may have said something mean regarding the incident the day before. Could this be why she was sad and didn't feel pretty. I feel the feeling not pretty was sparked by something someone said. ( Trying to think like a little girl. It's been a while!)
There were a few comments that JBR made in the time leading up to her death that kind of tie together in my mind. The first was when she was with someone (I want to say it was PR’s sister, but can’t recall with enough certainty) and one of the things they liked to do together was go to McDonalds. So when that was proposed, JBR said that McDonalds makes you fat. Then when Judith Phillips daughter asked JBR about her trophies, she replied something to the effect of “my mom wants me to do all theses pageants and these are the trophies I earned. But the trophies don’t really belong here, they belong in my mom’s room”. Then she was apparently sitting on the stairs sobbing at the party, and when asked what was wrong, she said “I don’t feel pretty”. Someone was making JBR way too conscious about her appearance than is healthy for a 6 year old child. And perhaps she felt like she was failing to live up to someone’s standards. I think she just wanted to be a little girl without the demands that were being placed on her.

There were a few comments that JBR made in the time leading up to her death that kind of tie together in my mind. The first was when she was with someone (I want to say it was PR’s sister, but can’t recall with enough certainty) and one of the things they liked to do together was go to McDonalds. So when that was proposed, JBR said that McDonalds makes you fat. Then when Judith Phillips daughter asked JBR about her trophies, she replied something to the effect of “my mom wants me to do all theses pageants and these are the trophies I earned. But the trophies don’t really belong here, they belong in my mom’s room”. Then she was apparently sitting on the stairs sobbing at the party, and when asked what was wrong, she said “I don’t feel pretty”. Someone was making JBR way too conscious about her appearance than is healthy for a 6 year old child. And perhaps she felt like she was failing to live up to someone’s standards. I think she just wanted to be a little girl without the demands that were being placed on her.

I thought maybe it could be the hyperfocus on JBs looks as you state but I am curious about her insecurities coming out at the party. Kids usually get compliments and attention from doting adults at parties. Or maybe she didn't get any and that started the sadness. It definitely was a big part of her identity and how she got her positive strokes.

I thought maybe it could be the hyperfocus on JBs looks as you state but I am curious about her insecurities coming out at the party. Kids usually get compliments and attention from doting adults at parties. Or maybe she didn't get any and that started the sadness. It definitely was a big part of her identity and how she got her positive strokes.
Yes, it's interesting what might have happened to cause her to be upset. There was apparently a little argument between PR and JBR about what to wear to the White's. As I understand it, PR wanted them to wear matching outfits, and JBR rebelled. JBR won out and got to wear what she wanted instead. Could it be as simple as PR was getting compliments and JBR wasn't? I don't know.......in retrospect which is all we have, it's hard to determine what things could be clues to what was really going on and what aren't. I don't recall if PR or JR or even BR for that matter, were asked if they were aware of the crying incident and why she may have been upset. For that matter, I also can't recall seeing anything about that first 911 call, other than PR (I think) speculating that Fleet White dialed it in mistake while trying to secure a medication for his mother. Was he ever asked about it?

I agree on the definition 100%
Where I get stuck is why an adult would need to look up the definition and how we use words. I personally would use the word pedophile to describe an adult who SAs a child or
Child molester. For some reason incest wouldn't be my choice of words. In my mind, I hear an adult saying to a child " that is incest!" Again, all speculation and as you stated, there can be simple answers where we might think something is revealing itself. I personally think the anger that seeps through in the RN is simply PR trying not to be the wife as she writes the note. The note goes back and forth between nurturing ( get a good night's sleep) and hostile. After all she was trying to stage a kidnapping from a FF that were not nice people..

When I hear the word incest, I think brother/ sister, cousins, ect. I know it could be applied to parents but if someone was pointing a finger at JR, I would expect other defining words like CM or pedophile.
I'm curious how others define this word in everyday language.
Definition to mitigate guilt? As if someone seeking their name within the dictionary definition for proof? Or..oh Thank God. The definition just says this but doesn’t include that…? Where was the Pastor during the gathering….?

“Intruder” was not marked in that dictionary…Was the dictionary found in John’s study?
Someone commented “Agatha Christie”. I agree. Wow.

Definition to mitigate guilt? As if someone seeking their name within the dictionary definition for proof? Or..oh Thank God. The definition just says this but doesn’t include that…? Where was the Pastor during the gathering….?
Really good points. As if someone could be looking for a clinical definition - maybe relating to age?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back