Can You Top This???? What's Your Low Temp?

It's 24 here with a wind chill of 13. Too cold for this Texan.:snooty:

15 this morning and no idea what the wind chill is right now. I wonder if all the morning shows will now be a full time weather report like yesterday and the majority of schools close?

21 here in Northeastern Louisiana. Will get down to 17 tonight.

So sorry for all of you having it so cold. My brother just brought his travel trailer/toy hauler down from North Dakota a couple of weeks ago. He got out just before the really bad weather started. I think he brought the cold weather home with him!

Stay as warm as you can everyone!

Western Colorado and right now we have 12 degrees, woke up to -2 below, and we will have a whopin high of 25 today OH BOY !!!!
:)

---------------------
Hi Sarah, glad to see you on Websleuths, Are you on celcius or farenheight? We are pretty much all on farenheight.(sp)...
I'm in Ohio.We are due for below zero tonight,its 25 right now,have 12" of snow and more 5 to 8" coming tomorrow. I an only hope for an early summer.

I'm on celcius, have no idea what that is in fahrenheit sorry, i love the snow and rarely get it for more than a couple days here in Edinburgh, This is the worst for around 30 years here. Back in wales the snow was lush and always thick and plentiful, i miss it.

back in the winter of 84/85 we had -27 below temperatures and appx -80 wind chill factors. that was one cold winter!

At 3am, we're supposed to be at -23F (and that does not include the wind chill!).

Ouch to Cubby & the -80 wind chill!

At 3am, we're supposed to be at -23F (and that does not include the wind chill!).

Ouch to Cubby & the -80 wind chill!

And I broke down that night in a borrowed car from a friend at about 10pm on a Sunday evening on the way back to NIU. There was nothing around.. I was in the middle of corn fields on I-88 which was then I-5. Even the lights on the farms were really in a distance......That far west there is about 23 miles between exists. I was bundled, but no heat in the car. Lights across the dash all went on while I was driving and then the engine just stopped.

I couldn't get out to wave down help because it was so cold. after about 20 min and no one stopping. (no cell phones back then) I started crying thinking I was gonna die by freezing to death. All I could do was turn the dome light on and off when I saw a car coming hoping it would indicate I needed help.

Finally some nice girl stopped and picked me up and gave me a ride back to my dorm.

Of course it was foolish to drive in that kind of weather alone, but how many people think about that at 18?

I don't go out into the middle of nowhere in that kind of weather anymore. I make sure I am within walking distance of something open and open 24 hours which means only local driving in that weather for me.

SLC, it's been in the single digits almost every night for a month. Right now before 10 PM it's 16 degrees. It's very cold for us, but we manage. Road clearance is good. Schools have only been closed twice in twenty years here. I pray for everyone not prepared or used to this.....god bless you.

ETA: I've seen kids expected to walk through two feet of snow and our bosses expect us to catch a bus if our cars can't make it. They are not sympathetic out here.

10 degrees here right now and that does not happen very often here. I mean wow. Supposed to get up to 40 today but it stayed just a couple of degrees above freezing all day yesterday, also very unusual.

It's 12 right now in WI but and I don't know the wind chill. It should be getting colder as the day goes on....Burr Burr

38 in florida, with a feels like of 31..... Saturday, noon...... I swear it was sleeting about 4 a.m. this morning. My fingers are numb and my heat is on 70. Praying for warming weather which looks like it might hit by the end of next week. Geez, 50 will feel warm at this rate.

38 in florida, with a feels like of 31..... Saturday, noon...... I swear it was sleeting about 4 a.m. this morning. My fingers are numb and my heat is on 70. Praying for warming weather which looks like it might hit by the end of next week. Geez, 50 will feel warm at this rate.

I have no HEAT.....I need a new air handler.....bad heat strip. Too cheap to buy a space heater will get the new handler MONDAY....

Please send WARM WISHES.....

I have no HEAT.....I need a new air handler.....bad heat strip. Too cheap to buy a space heater will get the new handler MONDAY....

STAY WARM AND UNDER THE COVERS TILL MONDAY!! AND DON'T FORGET YOUR FUZZY SOCKS!:innocent:
sleepymouse.gif

And I broke down that night in a borrowed car from a friend at about 10pm on a Sunday evening on the way back to NIU. There was nothing around.. I was in the middle of corn fields on I-88 which was then I-5. Even the lights on the farms were really in a distance......That far west there is about 23 miles between exists. I was bundled, but no heat in the car. Lights across the dash all went on while I was driving and then the engine just stopped.

I couldn't get out to wave down help because it was so cold. after about 20 min and no one stopping. (no cell phones back then) I started crying thinking I was gonna die by freezing to death. All I could do was turn the dome light on and off when I saw a car coming hoping it would indicate I needed help.

Finally some nice girl stopped and picked me up and gave me a ride back to my dorm.

Of course it was foolish to drive in that kind of weather alone, but how many people think about that at 18?

I don't go out into the middle of nowhere in that kind of weather anymore. I make sure I am within walking distance of something open and open 24 hours which means only local driving in that weather for me.

I moved up to Manitoba, Canada, nine years ago from New York. In the winter, our temperatures can go as low as minus 40 degrees fahrenheit -- and that's without the wind chill. My neighbors and I live in a rural area where cell phone reception is spotty, and I have learned that driving in such cold weather means you may be taking your life into your own hands. Everyone keeps extra jackets and blankets in the car in the wintertime -- plus candles (one lit candle can heat up your car enough to keep you from freezing to death), water, and food.

NO HEAT???????????? I'd be in bed with everything I own on top of me.

here is my 'Polish' ingenuity. I do this during the winter in one room because my dryer broke and I can't afford to have it fixed right now.

If you have a hair dryer and a fan, turn the hair dryer on and put a fan behind it so it doesn't over heat. Make sure the hair dryer is on a box of some kind so it is not directly on the floor and put the fan on high behind the back of the hair dryer blowing cool air into it so it doesn't overheat.

This will help keep a single room warm. Just keep an eye on the hair dryer so it doesn't over heat. I've done this for 2-3 hours at a time to help dry clothes in the winter.

hth

NO HEAT???????????? I'd be in bed with everything I own on top of me.

I could stay at my boyfriend's but I have so many sewing projects to get done. Too much trouble to drag my sewing machine over.....

At least I can wrap myself in faux fur to keep me warm...

here is my 'Polish' ingenuity. I do this during the winter in one room because my dryer broke and I can't afford to have it fixed right now.

If you have a hair dryer and a fan, turn the hair dryer on and put a fan behind it so it doesn't over heat. Make sure the hair dryer is on a box of some kind so it is not directly on the floor and put the fan on high behind the back of the hair dryer blowing cool air into it so it doesn't overheat.

This will help keep a single room warm. Just keep an eye on the hair dryer so it doesn't over heat. I've done this for 2-3 hours at a time to help dry clothes in the winter.

hth

Oh, how funny...I do have the blow dryer downstairs......up my shirt once in awhile and down my pants!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back