GUILTY Canada - Alicia Ross, 25, Markham ON, 17 Aug 2005

I am gathering from the article that remains were found at two locations. Please correct me if that isn't accurate.

It's my understanding Concerned, that the body was moved from the original resting place to somewhere less associated to Mr. Sylvester. That could result with remains at two locations, due to animals etc.

The next-door neighbour accused of murdering Markham woman Alicia Ross is scheduled to make a court appearance in Newmarket on Monday.

Daniel Sylvester, 31, is facing second-degree murder charges in the death of Ross.

The 25-year-old woman disappeared from her Markham home last August and her remains were found more than a month later, after Sylvester turned himself in.

In September, Sylvester's lawyer, David Hobson, told reporters: "He is in a frame of mind that you expect. He is very, very upset. He is very remorseful. He regrets deeply what has occurred."

Though police never considered Hine a suspect in the case, he came under intense scrutiny. His roommate told CTV Toronto that Hine has suffered a "terrible ordeal" because of the police investigation.
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20051219/ross_051219/20051219?hub=TorontoHome

Old Broad said:

It has taken a long time hasn't it? Will we get any details from the trial beings this is in Canada? Seems like I remember that they don't let the media report like ours is allowed to do. If they do let the media report on the trial I hope someone in Canada will keep us up to date. I have never forgotten about Alicia and what happened to her. My heart goes out to her family as they have to go through everything all over again. I know that is so hard.

From July 2007:

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/2007/07/06/sylvesters_sentence_no_parole_for_16_years.html

Alicia's Ross's killer must serve at least 16 years behind bars. Daniel Sylvester, 33, won't be eligible to seek parole until Sept. 20, 2021 for what Justice Edwin Minden today described as a "brutal, vicious and sustained" killing of a "defenceless and vulnerable young woman."

A jury convicted Sylvester on May 29 of second-degree murder in the Aug. 17, 2005 beating death of Ross, 25, his next-door neighbour...

Ross's remains were too badly decomposed to tell how she died, although Sylvester claimed she stopped breathing after he drilled his knee into her chest and bashed the back of her head against the ground during a struggle between the pathway of their Markham homes. But medical experts determined she sustained at least 33 fractures, including most of her ribs and her nose and right cheekbone were broken. Her breastbone was also cracked in the middle and three of her neck vertebrae were also fractured.

I’m new here, so I’m not sure if it’s okay that I bring this old topic back up.

I went to high school with Alicia and Sean.

Poor Sean had to change his name and move to Florida because of this. Everyone assumed he was guilty, myself included, and his life was turned upside down. Could you imagine losing your girlfriend, AND a being accused of being responsible by the court of public opinion and the media?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back