Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• liknes blood sidewalk 1 - Copy.jpg
    liknes blood sidewalk 1 - Copy.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 306
otto do you have any clue why the pics when I post them, come out as thumbprints instead of as photos as in your posts?

The point marked on the map is the same as the top photo here.

Last post for awhile, then going out to enjoy the day. Sorry I'm bombarding the page, I don't always get enough time to sleuth!

I've always been curious about the intelligence part of this case. From the Calgary Herald article: "investigators have a 30-day plan of their own derived from intelligence and evidence gathered during their homicide probe." (BBM)

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/a...n+from+volunteer+searches/10039101/story.html

So when I hear intelligence I think of spying, undercover, informants, information research, technical/financial forensics, etc. I'm wondering if this is happening or happened with this case and for what.

I'm in a rush, but grabbed a couple links off the net with info surrounding intelligence. If anyone else has examples or any ideas how this stuff, works, would love to hear!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/g20-case-reveals-largest-ever-police-spy-operation-1.1054582
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_officer (not the best source, but in a rush!)

"Intelligence is key to the entire range of RCMP investigations, including those involving organized crime, high-technology crime and illegal migration. The RCMP's Criminal Intelligence Directorate collects and analyzes intelligence to support criminal investigations." (BBM)

http://circ.jmellon.com/agencies/rcmp/

otto do you have any clue why the pics when I post them, come out as thumbprints instead of as photos as in your posts?

I have noticed that if one picture is posted, it's full size, but when more than one is posted, the photos are thumbnailed. I have no idea why. I also noticed that there's no way to delete a photo that has been uploaded. The only option for it to be removed is that if the photo has not been included in a comment within an hour, then it is removed.

Lala, what are you referring to when you say that 'when DG was busted for B&E's in the past he had a change of clothes with him'?

Gosh, I read it eons ago I think in a blog, not MSM. It was a strange detail that's for sure. I think it was back in the semi-truck theft days in Vancouver when he was charged with B&E paraphernalia, there was a mention of a spare set/change of clothes. I will try to find later tonight when I get more time online.

Sorry if discussed earlier, but in that pic showing the blood in the crevice of the concrete:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...June-2014-*ARREST*-17&p=11075211#post11075211

The discolouration in straight lines around it appears that a broom may have been used to sweep away water.

That photo has been extremely zoomed in. In the video the blood in the crevace is not so large in appearance. It is interesting the clean straight edge on both sides of the staining. I think the concrete grooves make it look like a broom stroke but I think that it is actually the texture of the concrete.

That photo has been extremely zoomed in. In the video the blood in the crevace is not so large in appearance. It is interesting the clean straight edge on both sides of the staining. I think the concrete grooves make it look like a broom stroke but I think that it is actually the texture of the concrete.

This is the other photo - from the same video.

Attachments

• liknes blood sidewalk 2 - Copy.jpg
    liknes blood sidewalk 2 - Copy.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 88
liknes marker 14 brushing for prints.jpg
notice above, the concrete of the L house is different than in the picture TWO pics below

liknes marker 14 overall view.jpg
notice you can see what appears to be the unfinished wooden 2way stoop on the neighbour's side; if you pretend you are standing on the OTHER side of the white fence, in the back of it, and looking out toward the road, from the vacant house next door, the house would then be on your right side, as it is in the pic below

Liknes wooden stoop photographer.jpg
notice the photographer fellow is aiming the camera away from the house; I believe he is beside the vacant house next door, in the back, behind the white fence, pointing/looking toward the L house with the camera.

MOO

This is the other photo - from the same video.

So when I look at it from this view I wonder how if the build-up in the crevice of the concrete had been washed away why the "blood" would not wash down the driveway slope. It seems like it has been possibly smeared. Like on purpose. And I don't mean dragged.

Eta.. Another thought...
Maybe the hose was used to tie someone up and it was returned afterwords. Also, why wouldn't they bag that hose as evidence. Surely if it was used it would have blood splatter on it from spraying.

I am not convinced that this location where the truck is, is the same location as in the photo above it. The sidewalk leading into the property appears to be on a more rounded curve in the picture below, and there appears to be weeds/long grasses in the truck photo, on the lawn part where the picture above has grass. It could be just the camera, but one looks to be a walking path leading off of the sidewalk, while the other looks like a driveway. MOO

The point marked on the map is the same as the top photo here.

Ok thanks, try to find it. I don't even recall that he had a charge of B&E, only that he had in his possession, 'B&E tools'?

Gosh, I read it eons ago I think in a blog, not MSM. It was a strange detail that's for sure. I think it was back in the semi-truck theft days in Vancouver when he was charged with B&E paraphernalia, there was a mention of a spare set/change of clothes. I will try to find later tonight when I get more time online.

Could that simply be the direction that a body was dragged? I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "straight lines".

What appears to me to be pinkish/brownish, diluted blood coming away in a swath on either side of the darker blood in the crevice, doesn't appears hosed (which would result in less defined margins). IMO, looks more like hosed, then swept with a broom, leaving more defined margins.

ETA: Cancel that ^^ otto !! Seeing the other pic gives me more perspective. NOT the width of a broom.

I had posted locations of other possible CCTV cameras in the last thread. If you drive around the neighborhood there are other cuves with short grass... Look at a corner where there is an ally and an older duplex style house with all the garbage bins lined up. I think they also had footage from the corners turning onto Macleod Trail.

From what I can gather (from MSM articles), I think that FC was 61 in a news article written on Nov.28/2012 (which would put him at age 63 this November 2014, which is almost as old as AL); if the L's lived in the Parkhill home for 35 years (wasn't that quoted in the memorial news article, when CH said something about going to the house for 35 years?), then AL and KL must have been together for at least 35 years. If AL was 66 when he went missing in June 2014, 35 years ago would be way back in something like 1979? By then, AL must have already become daddy to 4 children, by only age 31, with presumably EL being the last born. I wonder how old his 4 kids were when he hooked up with KL.

Just for interests sake...I was looking for something else and came across this.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/04/1...breast-implants-gets-four-years-for-aftermath

The man was 61 years old at the time of this incident, and we worry about our youth nowadays? Incredible. Seems like a very big age difference between FC and EL, anyway just thought it interesting.

That hose, if used, should also have some prints? And yes, should have been bagged as evidence.

So when I look at it from this view I wonder how if the build-up in the crevice of the concrete had been washed away why the "blood" would not wash down the driveway slope. It seems like it has been possibly smeared. Like on purpose. And I don't mean dragged.

Eta.. Another thought...
Maybe the hose was used to tie someone up and it was returned afterwords. Also, why wouldn't they bag that hose as evidence. Surely if it was used it would have blood splatter on it from spraying.

I had posted locations of other possible CCTV cameras in the last thread. If you drive around the neighborhood there are other cuves with short grass... Look at a corner where there is an ally and an older duplex style house with all the garbage bins lined up. I think they also had footage from the corners turning onto Macleod Trail.

The stop sign pole, the number of trees and tree trunks, even the potted plant on the west of the V walkway, match up with the location at the west end of 38a Av.

View attachment 61105
notice above, the concrete of the L house is different than in the picture TWO pics below

View attachment 61106
notice you can see what appears to be the unfinished wooden 2way stoop on the neighbour's side; if you pretend you are standing on the OTHER side of the white fence, in the back of it, and looking out toward the road, from the vacant house next door, the house would then be on your right side, as it is in the pic below

View attachment 61107
notice the photographer fellow is aiming the camera away from the house; I believe he is beside the vacant house next door, in the back, behind the white fence, pointing/looking toward the L house with the camera.

MOO

Isn't the gate in the photo the same gate between the two houses in the google earth photo?

The siding on the house on the right is the same as the siding in the crime scene photo. The exterior finish on house near the side entrance appears to be stucco.

Attachments

• WestSideHouse2 - Copy.jpg
    WestSideHouse2 - Copy.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 81
I am not convinced that this location where the truck is, is the same location as in the photo above it. The sidewalk leading into the property appears to be on a more rounded curve in the picture below, and there appears to be weeds/long grasses in the truck photo, on the lawn part where the picture above has grass. It could be just the camera, but one looks to be a walking path leading off of the sidewalk, while the other looks like a driveway. MOO

All the markers line up. The white car is even parked in the same location in google earth.

Attachments

• Calgary_Missing3_truckmerge - Copy.jpg
    Calgary_Missing3_truckmerge - Copy.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 82
The stop sign pole, the number of trees and tree trunks, even the potted plant on the west of the V walkway, match up with the location at the west end of 38a Av.

Yes they do. I just had a peak at that.

Are you talking about the googleearth photo you posted a few posts upstream?

All the markers line up. The white car is even parked in the same location in google earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johlar12