Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have gone over the topic of disposal many times, but given that we don't have much to sleuth at this point, perhaps it is a worthy pursuit.

The CPS Have stated they are not actively looking for remains. Why?

If I was a friend/family member, I would be extremely frustrated over this and probably try to go out and search myself to just find an answer, any answer.

I don't know what the protocols are for LE/Search and Rescue regarding time limits, I would think there isn't one. Maybe budget dictates how many resources/man power is allowed for searching over so much time.

I'd like to know why they are not actively looking though as I think they are probably close and not far. JMO.

Does anyone really believe the Ls could have faked their own death and also faked their grandson's death?? And stole the child away from his family and deprived their daughter and grandsons of N's presence in their lives??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how facebook game updates work?
KL's puzzle game was updating in July until the 24th. I made a comment way back in previous threads about the updates and someone said that they are automatically generated. So why have the stopped now? Are they updated for 30 days after you stop playing? Does anyone know?

LE has access to all the evidence. We only have access to the details shared in the media. Who is more likely to get it right, LE officials who have the full story or a group of internet sleuths who don't??

Does anyone really believe the Ls could have faked their own death and also faked their grandson's death?? And stole the child away from his family and deprived their daughter and grandsons of N's presence in their lives??

Nope ... not unless they were a whole lot smarter than an experienced team of homicide investigators, the medical examiner, the Chief of Police and the prosecutor who would have to all be just plain stupid. That's an awful lot of stupid.

Does anyone know how facebook game updates work?
KL's puzzle game was updating in July until the 24th. I made a comment way back in previous threads about the updates and someone said that they are automatically generated. So why have the stopped now? Are they updated for 30 days after you stop playing? Does anyone know?

I was pondering that the other night. I wonder if the family used her email address to have the password reset or possibly they were able to easily access the account and they shut it off. Or somehow LE or the family contacted FB to request the activity to be halted or to gain access to it if they couldn't retrieve the password themselves. Or as you mention it becomes inactive after 30 days of inactivity.

It always spooked me a little when two people attempted to make contact with her by posting a comment, the game app was still active at the time. The game app. appears on the account as if the person is actually playing it. Possiblly the two people (one was her brother) are not aware of that and thought it was possible KL was playing a game.

I was pondering that the other night. I wonder if the family used her email address to have the password reset or possibly they were able to easily access the account and they shut it off. Or somehow LE or the family contacted FB to request the activity to be halted or to gain access to it if they couldn't retrieve the password themselves. Or as you mention it becomes inactive after 30 days of inactivity.

It always spooked me a little when two people attempted to make contact with her by posting a comment, the game app was still active at the time. The game app. appears on the account as if the person is actually playing it. Possiblly the two people (one was her brother) are not aware of that and thought it was possible KL was playing a game.

Yeah I thought the two people who commented must of thought that it was a way for them to contact her and that she was still around somewhere playing games on facebook. Why would they have thought that? Did they think it was something she could have done? I find it odd that they have stopped though which is why I was asking.

BTW. my profile pic is a picture that my son drew of me this morning. lovely isn't it? haha

Nope ... not unless they were a whole lot smarter than an experienced team of homicide investigators, the medical examiner, the Chief of Police and the prosecutor who would have to all be just plain stupid. That's an awful lot of stupid.

"Stupid" is a harsh way to describe it. They are following a protocol and it may not include DNA evidence. We have no proof of that evidence yet. As well there is still a possibility that a second person could come into play as a suspect. Someone else might know more about DG's involvement and has not been sought out or charged yet. It is worth considering. I will not go into alternative theories as to why Nathan was included. DG was not discovered for 4-5 days after the 3 went missing, in that chunk of time anything could have happened.

Yeah I thought the two people who commented must of thought that it was a way for them to contact her and that she was still around somewhere playing games on facebook. Why would they have thought that? Did they think it was something she could have done? I find it odd that they have stopped though which is why I was asking.

BTW. my profile pic is a picture that my son drew of me this morning. lovely isn't it? haha

It was odd to see the communication attempt. It could have been a desperate attempt and they are not game app educated to know that it was an automatic update. Still, the brother was not convinced they were dead and IIRC there was an article that some family were not convinced even after the police statement confirming it to be a homicide investigation.

I love your new profile pic! My little artist has made some hillarious pieces. Even now when I look at his drawings they can at first appear to be messy and have no meaning but when I look closer and ask him to tell me about it I am usually blown away. Funny enough he is obsessed with DNA and is always telling me DNA stories, usually relating to dinosaurs. LOL! I love kids!

It's important to note that none of the people in that article were successful in their respective attempts at faking their deaths and many faced charges when caught. It's not as easy to pull off as some would like to believe. :moo:

Yes! Eventually they were caught.

What amazes me is how proponents of these theories keep insisting that this could indeed have happened without the cops being stupid or incompetent. Some cognitive dissonance happening here.

What amazes me is how proponents of these theories keep insisting that this could indeed have happened without the cops being stupid or incompetent. Some cognitive dissonance happening here.

Why do we have a court process?

I noticed your profile pic right away, I love it! 😄

It's important to note that none of the people in that article were successful in their respective attempts at faking their deaths and many faced charges when caught. It's not as easy to pull off as some would like to believe. :moo:
And none of them dragged a grandchild along, plucking him from the only life he has known, and ripping him out of the arms of loving parents and siblings.
IMHO

Why do we have a court process?

I assume you're not asking this because you believe the accused should be immediately convicted. We don't want that, the accused has the right to a defence. I also don't think we have a court process so that we can think up alternate theories of the crime. It's possible the defence could try this approach, but depending on the quality of the evidence against the accused, it might not do much good. For example, there would have to be some sort of evidence besides a handful of "pseudo-cide" anecdotes to counter, say, DNA evidence found on the boots of the accused, or gallons of the victims' blood at the crime scene, with expert testimony that no one could survive that degree of blood loss. With that kind of evidence, theories about disappearances-staged-as-death would be a pretty silly defence strategy.

The court process will bring to light, at long last, the evidence against the accused. LE's case will be tested. The question is not "did he do it?", but rather "Is there enough evidence to convict?"

To find out if the accused is guilty of the crime that took place.

What does that have to do with my comment? Not following your train of thought.

If you refer to my post #1009 that may shed light as to my train of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675