Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1438148/missing-family-search-of-rural-home-enters-fourth-day/

This is video of a reporter telling that he spoke with AL (AL's son) and he shares what AL told him.

I transcribed part of it:
We spoke to Allen Liknes who is the son of the missing Alvin Liknes. He is married to Garland's sister, and so he told us today on the phone that he was surprised the family was to see Garland's ... green pickup or what appeared to be his pickup in the pictures last Friday. He doesn't believe Doulgas Garland and his father, Alvin, have spoken in about seven years. ...

Douglas worked for Alvin but apparently when that business faltered the working relationship ended. It didn't* end on a bad note though apparently. Allen last saw Douglas Garland at Thanksgiving at his in-law's last fall, but he noted, he said Douglas wsas a bit of a loner and he didn't speak to him that much.

*I heard the word "didn't." Please correct me if you guys heard it differently.

I wonder when Allen and PG got together. Allen and FL owned and operated a modular home business in Evansburg since 1996 and their son LL joined 2012 (but the article doesn't say if Allen and FL were still together in 2012 though).

According to this article, Allen and FL still owned the business in 2014:

http://www.castle.ca/downloads/PR_Jan14_2014-New_Member_Announcement.pdf

So, when did PG come into Allen's life, or is FL another sister of DG's?

Thank you for all of the hugs :) I hope I didn't give the impression I was trying to put focus on myself. As I've waded through the posts and reports I'm always struck by how easy it is to attempt to understand the behaviour of people in grief situations. The first word that came to mind for me when I saw JO was numb ... not cold. I know that feeling of trying to hold it together for your kids, taking meds possibly to get through it. This is heartbreaking no matter what.

ETA .. when I first saw JO

In one of the earlier threads CPS was quoted as wanting to talk with taxi drivers who were in the area. IMO taxi drivers are very observant and would have noticed a vehicle that was circling instead of going to a particular destination. If they were picking up they'd probably have a bit of a wait, and dropping off takes a while to complete the transaction and for the fare to actually leave the cab. It could be that people coming home from a late shift and taking an hour or so to relax before going to be would have noticed the same truck passing their home. And, if CCTV footage showed the same truck passing in front of the camera at different times, it might lead to the conclusion that the truck was circling the area.
Thanks, however SnooperDooper astutely provided clarification that the "circling the neighborhood" was a journalist's embellishment and that CPS's actual statement was that the truck was seen "driving in the area" which is more precise and fitting with what we know:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-4&p=10720186#post10720186

I wonder when Allen and PG got together. Allen and FL owned and operated a modular home business in Evansburg since 1996 and their son LL joined 2012 (but the article doesn't say if Allen and FL were still together in 2012 though).

According to this article, Allen and FL still owned the business in 2014:

http://www.castle.ca/downloads/PR_Jan14_2014-New_Member_Announcement.pdf

So, when did PG come into Allen's life, or is FL another sister of DG's?

I think Allen and FL are the elder Allen.....AL named his son Allen as well and he is the one with PG...as far as I can tell....the family 'links' get confusing for me...

Edited to add: Elder Allen aka AL's twin and his wife FL. I saw on facebook travel pictures with family members labelled & it shows AL, KL, FL & Allen with younger kids on a beach.

Agree, this is a big mystery. What can be gained by moving 3 bodies? It would seem risky with no benefit.

It sure was risky. Agree. The only thing I can come up with is perhaps it became a moment for DG. A moment of panic when things didn't go as he planned and the violence occurred. He forced all 3 to leave affording him time to think.

Unfortunately, another grainy video. With today's technology, you would think it could have been established by now, who the driver of the truck was. Maybe someone borrowed DG's truck and DG isn't talking!

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member