Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
'In an email to The Canadian Press, Teena Prevost, a sister-in-law of Kathryn Liknes, said her family is praying police are wrong.

"Until the police can show us the bodies of our loved ones we will not believe they are deceased," she wrote. "Praying we will find them alive."'

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/14/murder-charges-missing-calgary-family_n_5583475.html

Ironically, her full name seems to be Teena Prevost-Douglas.

This is really so sad :( ..... I cannot imagine but I think it would be common to hold out hope against all hope until there is proof otherwise. Give them strength !

Such overwhelming sadness for this poor family's tragedy.

I remain puzzled about why LE re-arrested the guy when they evidently knew he had broken bail conditions by sneaking out of his hotel in the dead of night and heading for the Airdre property. Why did they stop him before he reached his destination. Wasn't there a chance he was going to where he'd hidden the family or committed his terrible crime?

I'm still a bit confused as to how they know that they are all dead? I get that they can extract DNA from blood, but they might all have bled, but not enough to die from? I know that chance is slim, but what evidence could they have that they are for sure dead without the bodies?

This is awful. So, so awful. :(

I'm still a bit confused as to how they know that they are all dead? I get that they can extract DNA from blood, but they might all have bled, but not enough to die from? I know that chance is slim, but what evidence could they have that they are for sure dead without the bodies?

Maybe there is DNA on the wood chipper or the garbage burner in the acreage (sorry I'm even typing this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think forensics came back which confirmed. We know about the drag marks outside of the house. So what took place inside. IMO they were all murdered in the house and moved. That's just my opine tho.

Little guy will be remembered in our hearts as our little superhero, too. As a mom and grandma, I am beyond sad for this outcome.

I think forensics came back which confirmed. We know about the drag marks outside of the house. So what took place inside. IMO they were all murdered in the house and moved. That's just my opine tho.

I agree they were murdered in the house, probably in their beds while they slept.

They never even had a chance to defend themselves. :(

I agree they were murdered in the house, probably in their beds while they slept.

And that's the best we can hope for. As sad as it sounds. God Bless Them.

I don't want to believe that to be true because that means that Nathan would have seen his grandparents dead and he would have been the only one not killed in their sleep and that makes it harder to bear.

The drag marks and DNA inside still doesn't prove that they are dead, just injured though? I didn't think about what Daniela40 typed. That's unimaginable.

And that's the best we can hope for. As sad as it sounds. God Bless Them.

K not sure why a double post?

When I saw mention of a wood chipper in the previous thread, like many who read it I am sure, I shuddered. However, at the presser earlier, Chief Hanson seemed to make a point of reaching out to owners of acreages and rural businesses to search their properties and report anything suspicious. Would he have done that if DNA had been found in the woodchipper?

Yes, as there are still contents to be disposed of.

When I saw mention of a wood chipper in the previous thread, like many who read it I am sure, I shuddered. However, at the presser earlier, Chief Hanson seemed to make a point of reaching out to owners of acreages and rural businesses to search their properties and report anything suspicious. Would he have done that if DNA had been found in the woodchipper?

Maybe there is DNA on the wood chipper or the garbage burner in the acreage (sorry I'm even typing this).

K not sure why a double post?

Oh man having trouble responding to posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really so sad :( ..... I cannot imagine but I think it would be common to hold out hope against all hope until there is proof otherwise. Give them strength !

Especially as a mother, I would have an extremely hard time believing my child was deceased without conclusive physical evidence. Not necessarily a complete set of remains, but genetic material ie. The Pickton Case. DG had access to chemicals and machinery useful in destroying/disposing of human remains.

Where did the wood chipper idea come from? The Airdrie acreage is a working crop farm ... why would they need a wood chipper? Keeping in mind that this farm is owned and run by an elderly couple. Woodchippers are for heavily treed properties where there is no value in the trees. It seems to me that trees that are planted in the farming community would have a lot of value.

Questions: How much CASH did DG have on him? Like I said previously, perhaps he was going back to his property to get items to FLEE *again*... If the cash from the estate sale hasn't been recovered, perhaps he was going to get it before fleeing? Most people pay cash at these events.
I'm behind, but I definitely think cash was the motive here and yes, the "Estate" sale made alot of $$$, and not credit transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny