GUILTY Canada - Amanda Todd, 15, posts anti-bullying video apparently kills herself, 2012 *arrests*

Wow.

I was under the impression (has to be from some news article I read) that he would serve the sentences concurrently (Ie: if he got 3 years or less then nothing was added to his time). I also understood he would serve the time in Netherlands and not Canada.

But to not have to serve ANY additional time because he received the max for a similar crime ALREADY?? So he rapes someone in the Netherlands, is given the max penalty and serves his full sentence. Is he effectively given a green light to rape women around the world with no further consequence? (I started this with murder, but murder seems to have a max sentence of life imprisonment while rape has a max of 12 years). Please soemone clarify this if I’m misunderstanding the Dutch conversion rule.

I’m not a lawyer. Maybe there is a good reason for this “rule”. But I can’t help feel gutted. My first reaction was “the whole trial was a waste of time and resources”. It may serve as a deterrent, but without widespread media coverage, how much of a deterrent will it be?

I am thankful that Carol has found that nugget of “deterrent” to hold onto. I know that feeling. You can’t let your brain go into a space of negativity. She sounds like a very strong woman and has been an extraordinary advocate and representative for her daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back