CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/new-pos...l-kouakou-s-family-keeps-hope-alive-1.3922552

“Our hope is based on the fact that no news is good news. There's no clue our son has been to the river, so if there's no clue he's there, then for us our son is somewhere,” said the boy’s father, Kouadio Frederic Kouakou.
There are still few clues to go on two months after the boy’s disappearance.

“We have found absolutely nothing. No item of clothing, no accessory that belongs to this young boy, so we need to keep hope alive,” said Arcamone.

Part of this new poster campaign is a stronger link to Info-Crime, which has so far received more than 600 calls about Ariel.

“Sometimes the little things, we think it's not important. (People think) ‘I'm not going to call because maybe I'm going to disturb.’ No one is disturbing Info-Crime Montreal. Call. Give the information,” said Jean Touchette, president of Info-Crime.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 22

Attachments

• data=DO62vkrbI-U6PGCCHy0r0_OgS_BZLVZg3Ry1G4h-vgSa_lvjk_1oy4vpJRClMHx6mhs2jizz6Ll9eW4Tr2197dQXgtV.png
    data=DO62vkrbI-U6PGCCHy0r0_OgS_BZLVZg3Ry1G4h-vgSa_lvjk_1oy4vpJRClMHx6mhs2jizz6Ll9eW4Tr2197dQXgtV.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 34
We are coming to the end of a long weekend here in Canada and I thought about Ariel and his family...probably so hard for them with on holiday weekends. The weather has been fabulous and today was an afternoon of full sun and 25 degrees C.

If little Ariel is in that river I think it cant be too much longer before he surfaces. May is typically a month of rapid water temp rises and I'm hoping there will be some news soon...

We are coming to the end of a long weekend here in Canada and I thought about Ariel and his family...probably so hard for them with on holiday weekends. The weather has been fabulous and today was an afternoon of full sun and 25 degrees C.

If little Ariel is in that river I think it cant be too much longer before he surfaces. May is typically a month of rapid water temp rises and I'm hoping there will be some news soon...

If LE still believe that Ariel may be in the river, is anyone trying to locate his body now that it has warmed up and the ice is gone?

I can’t believe he hasn’t been found? Maybe he was kidnapped.
I can't even find where they even went out after the snow completely melted and even went and looked for him in the water. I know they did search the water when it was still icy and snowy, but since the weather has changed, I have not seen anything to suggest that they have been back out there. It is so quiet...weird.

If he is in the water or on a bank it might not even be a searcher that may find him. With Kaden Young, daily search parties and huge ones on weekends no one found him. A fisherman found little Kaden.

Really hoping his family gets their answers sooner rather then later.

Re: Continued searching.
I think at a certain point the police and other official searches can no longer invest the time and the resources to finding a body. Even volunteer searches run out of steam. I will say that I can’t cross that river without thinking of Ariel and I’m sure anybody who’s heard of the case in Montreal feels much the same way. For sure there are a lot of eyes on the river...even in a disorganized way.
Downstream there is Hydro-Quebec power station that spans the river and a tributary but I haven’t been able to find out if it processes/screens/scans 100% of the flow.

Re: Continued searching.
I think at a certain point the police and other official searches can no longer invest the time and the resources to finding a body. Even volunteer searches run out of steam. I will say that I can’t cross that river without thinking of Ariel and I’m sure anybody who’s heard of the case in Montreal feels much the same way. For sure there are a lot of eyes on the river...even in a disorganized way.
Downstream there is Hydro-Quebec power station that spans the river and a tributary but I haven’t been able to find out if it processes/screens/scans 100% of the flow.

IIRC they only did a weekend search in the river (divers) due to weather, and the search of the shoreline with boats sporadically because of snow and ice as well. Walking searches of the shoreline were done by LE and volunteers, but came up completely empty handed, which is a tad unusual - no swept away articles of clothing? Anyway, now the weather is drastically different, and they are doing no public searches. I'm not saying he's not in that river, but there seems to be no fervor to find out. It is Montreal, not some backwoods no monied village. And what if they ARE wrong?

If Ariel is in that river, the temperature of the water along with his water-logged clothing would have kept him submerged until the water reached a temperature that allowed normal decomposition to start and gases to accumulate. That would mean that his body may have been close to the bottom of a very wide (200-400m) and often very deep river for weeks/months. In that time his clothing/body may have been snagged on any number of submerged obstacles before the eventually breaking free...
Which is just to say that between the park where he disappeared and the first downstream barrier that spans the whole river is 7 km. 7km of very opaque water, 200-400m wide = approx 2,000,000 square meters of search area - which I think would be out of the question for dive teams etc. I also don't think there are any official continuing efforts on the shore or in the water because it really is impossible for them to know where and, more crucially, when a body might surface ...the manpower and resources are maybe better used elsewhere. :(
A few similar cases:
In Winnepeg a six year old who fell through the ice in early Dec 2010 was found 10 months later and 6 miles downstream:
Body in river identified as missing boy
More recently Liam Colgan (who has a big thread here) was found 10 weeks and not far from where he went missing in the center of Hamburg, Germany
Stag party man's death 'a tragic accident'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members