CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/308374--who-was-audrey-gleave
She was obviously very, very intelligent,” said Allan, who now lives in Sturgeon Falls.

The retired teacher was the only child to eastern European parents. Her father died and her mother “disappeared,” Allan said.

Gleave was “paranoid” because she lived alone, he said. In fact, she did not want many people to know her e-mail address and had stopped communicating with his brother after he might have disclosed it, he said.

OMG my sister lived just a few doors down from this poor woman for years. She doesn't know the victim but is shocked by the news. Not what you would expect in this area.
This is a very nice area and Indian Trail is a very quiet road except twice a day during rush hour with traffic going in and out of Brantford.

Does anyone know just how far the cemetery is from Ms. Gleave's home? I wonder if people who visited that cemetery could have approached her home with ill intent. It's also a possibility that she startled someone or a group out at the cemetery near 2:30 am Wednesday morning, when the dogs were barking loudly. Possibly she let the dogs out in the night and they confronted a group or a person and she was pulled into something vicious and horrid. Being that it is stated that she was reclusive, I wonder if she had a tendency to call LE if she saw a stranger or if she relied on the dogs to chase people off.

I do not know this area at all and I'm terrible with online maps but it certainly seems that the Ancaster area is known for haunted places. I found a MS page which details many of the spots.

http://www.myspace.com/hauntedhamilton

I wonder if the cemetery near Ms. Gleave's home was a popular gathering spot for those seeking haunted places, teens dabbling in the darker arts, or serious rituals based around Christmas Day. Possibly, she'd had a problem with frightening people in the area before and that's why she had shepherds.

I wonder if someone staying in that abandoned farm house was the killer. Maybe staying there she caught his eye, watched her ect. Knew she was alone and when she was home.

If I recall correctly Terri Lynn Mclintoc was also arrested on an unrelated matter ( probation violation) in the Tori Stafford case.
just saying, I'll await the final word from police.

2f3a09e64965827c7ff308e68af7.jpeg

Police searched the property at 347 Lynden Road in Brant County
Sunday January 2, 2011 as part of the Audrey Gleave murder investigation

Google MAP (link here) of abandoned farm house searched - (north of Lynden Rd) - no Google street view for this area; roofs look the same as in pictures).

(A) Audrey's home
(B) abandoned farm house (347 Lynden Rd.)

More images at link: http://www.thespec.com/photozone/308301

http://www.brantnews.com/news.cfm?page=news&section=readDigest&articleId=9564
BRANTFORD (BCN) - Two Brantford men have been charged with assault causing bodily harm after city police responded to a call of a disturbance outside a Lynden Road establishment on Sunday.

Officers found a 25-year-old man with serious head injuries and arrested a 24-year old man and a 23-year-old man.

I'm wondering what had led LE to focus on this particular individual and specific property. Clearly he is strange and that must be disconcerting to neighbours, but there must be more than that. I wonder if he was the individual that was seen walking down Audrey's driveway.

I also wonder how he 'gets around'. Audrey lives 6 kim away. That's a bit of a hike if you don't have wheels. How would he have gotten to know where she lives and that she lived alone? (if that's at all related to motive).

Perhaps her sports car caught his eye? Or, are LE barking up the wrong tree? I certainly hope they have some good leads! The sooner they can find the killer, the better!

For Staff Sgt. Steve Hrab, a veteran homicide detective, to describe the murder of Audrey Gleave as "horrendous, vicious and savage" and also said “In the last 10 years I can’t think of one more vicious,” and that Audrey's killing "stands out in the top 1 per cent of worst cases" he has seen, I had been wondering what her "other injuries" are :(

Then I came across this piece of information, which I truly hope is not related to her murder :(

From following video clip, around the 00:30 mark:
What looks like a miniature saw was collected in a ditch along Lynden Rd. as evidence in a murder, Hamilton police are calling the most vicious crime in the last decade.

Investigators scoured a 3 Km radius surrounding this rural home [Audrey's], searching for clues ......

video : http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1624

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/308663--cops-cagey-about-lynden-murder-investigation

"Bracing against the wind at the foot of Audrey’s long gravel driveway on Indian Trail Road, Hrab’s answers to media questions make some aspects of the case more clear, others more uncertain.

There are items missing from Audrey’s house, he says. What they are, he won’t say. Valuables? Trophies?

Some items have been found during the ground searches. He again won’t say what they are and adds detectives do not know for sure they are related to the homicide.

The handyman who discovered Audrey at 11 a.m. Dec. 30 has been “ruled out as a suspect,” says Hrab.

The man in the barn has been “arrested on a totally unrelated matter,” which Hrab says is weapons-related. But is he a suspect in the homicide? Why search the barn?

He won’t say.

The autopsy that began Friday is continuing, Hrab says.

Did someone force his way into her home? Again, it is something the detective will not discuss."

http://brantconnection.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418&#

"She loved her dogs but I never really trusted them," Vanstone said. "They were always kind of roaming around when I was there and when we sat and talked I didn't dare get up suddenly or make any quick movements."

This article gives some insight into Audrey Gleave's personality... and the friend who was interviewed also mentions the dogs. Sounds like they may have been a bit intimidating, so again I'm wondering how would anyone get to Audrey without having trouble with the dogs. Could it be that the attack was planned, and the dogs were fed drugs in treats or meat scraps to quiet them? Or that she knew whoever it was, and she let him into the house, leaving the dogs outside? But if that was it, wouldn't the dogs be difficult to get by on his way out of the house?

I find it interesting that Ms. Gleave was said to have an interest in cars and chose to drive a newer model Camaro. I happen to love cars (although I can no longer drive) and I find a Camaro an unusual choice for a 73 year old woman. Nothing more....just unusual.

I also noted that she was said to be very skilled with her computer. Then why the fear/paranoia concerning her email address? There are so many protections she could have used. I'm left wondering who or what she feared and if she might have been hiding from someone.

FWIW, Heather Thompson of Green, Oregon, was also murdered with a large and protective shepherd in the house. The results of her autopsy nor the cause of her death have ever been revealed, even though she died five months ago this week. There was also an immediate arrest (and release) in her case and a lot of attention focused on her vehicle. Heather was a practicing witch. We have a thread.

I find it interesting that Ms. Gleave was said to have an interest in cars and chose to drive a newer model Camaro. I happen to love cars (although I can no longer drive) and I find a Camaro an unusual choice for a 73 year old woman. Nothing more....just unusual.

I also noted that she was said to be very skilled with her computer. Then why the fear/paranoia concerning her email address? There are so many protections she could have used. I'm left wondering who or what she feared and if she might have been hiding from someone.

FWIW, Heather Thompson of Green, Oregon, was also murdered with a large and protective shepherd in the house. The results of her autopsy nor the cause of her death have ever been revealed, even though she died five months ago this week. There was also an immediate arrest (and release) in her case and a lot of attention focused on her vehicle. Heather was a practicing witch. We have a thread.

I too wonder about her fear/paranoia concerning her email address. I also wonder about her "mother who disappeared" and what the circumstances were around this disappearance????

I wonder how police are certain that this murder is the random work of a stranger?

Some of the comments by Ms. Gleave's friend, LV, are interesting.

http://brantconnection.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418&#

"...Police have described Gleave's death as a homicide and have said it was a random attack by a stranger. The woman was sexually assaulted, stabbed several times and suffered other injuries.

and

"She was an eccentric, eclectic individual and very private," LV said. "Private in a very big way...."

"...All of the times I visited her, I think I was only in her house once. "Usually, we sat on a bench outside the house where we would talk...."

and

"...She was unique, giving and a stickler for being on time."

She let no one in her house, even close friends, and most likely would have considered someone entering her house a huge breach. I'm assuming that the young man who did chores only worked outside. He's been ruled out. And she was a stickler for time. That tells me that she most likely kept to a strict routine. Being that she was ill (and thus the friend brought over soup), Ms. Gleave might have not gone out to a regular outing. She might have been inside the home when an intruder expected her to be gone.

I also wonder about the items that were stolen and how the police would know what was stolen, if no one ever entered her home--possibly jewelry which she was known to wear? In the photo at the link above, she's wearing at least two rings. They mention that some things were found during the ground search. She was an avid golfer. Possibly a golf club which was used to harm her? The police say that she was stabbed and had "other injuries".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500