CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the DNA from the dogs will eventually show, but have wondered what injuries the dogs may have had when LE showed up. Seems to me the dogs may have had injuries that were self inflicted trying to get to AG or get out of wherever they were confined in order to get to AG.

If that were the case, could a vet determine how old the injuries were? One day, two days etc? Seems to me they could.

One thing that still sticks with me is the alleged hoarding ( link, h/t LilyMacBloom ) and that, per PK, she suddenly decides to do some cleaning ( link ). This is a deviation from her routine (i.e., the coffee klatches ( link ), weekly "boxing day" rendezvous ( link ), golf ( link ), tennis ( link ), a computer club ( link )). And this, to me, seems important. For example, why was she cleaning? People who hoard don't just clean out of the blue. Was she expecting a visitor? PK says no ( link ). Though, he originally indicated he thought she might be expecting a guest ( link ). At this point, I am still of the opinion her killer may have been someone she met online. Perhaps, even carried on an online romance with plans to meet IRL. Hence the cleaning, and even the Monday message that she wouldn't be making it to the wednesday coffee klatch... which, btw, I also found odd. That is, I could see sending something like that out the day before, but three days? Now, add to that, the fact that her dogs were kenneled... It seems possible her murder was the result of a secret IRL rendevous gone bad.

Well this seems like a good time to wonder if the results from the dog's DNA have come back- and if so, what might they reveal? I hope they give a hint.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/617241--if-audrey-gleave-s-dogs-could-speak
"Togi and Schatze have played a role in the investigation. Detectives took DNA samples from the dogs — blood and hair — but it is unclear why".

Yep, agreed! :coffeews:

-----------

Quoted from shadowraiths:

At this point, I am still of the opinion her killer may have been someone she met online. Perhaps, even carried on an online romance with plans to meet IRL. Hence the cleaning, and even the Monday message that she wouldn't be making it to the wednesday coffee klatch... which, btw, I also found odd. That is, I could see sending something like that out the day before, but three days? Now, add to that, the fact that her dogs were kenneled... It seems possible her murder was the result of a secret IRL rendevous gone bad.

Yes, this crossed my mind as well!! I wonder if we'll ever know.:rollercoaster:

Shadowraith:
I enjoy reading your posts and particularily the way you imbed the "link" how do you do that?

Mods: I meant to post earlier you are doing a fabulous job!

Well, my punctuation and typing skills could be improved (yes, I have my copy of " Eats, Shoots, Leaves") but sometimes ( o.k.always) I just let my thoughts rush to the page and hope that no one minds, finding, my commas, in, inappropriate, spots!
Personally, I love that a wide variety of people from varying backgrounds come together here bringing unique and varied insights into different crimes.Miscommunication can sometimes result,but then again -sometimes- a break-through!

Well, my punctuation and typing skills could be improved (yes, I have my copy of " Eats, Shoots, Leaves") but sometimes ( o.k.always) I just let my thoughts rush to the page and hope that no one minds, finding, my commas, in, inappropriate, spots!
Personally, I love that a wide variety of people from varying backgrounds come together here bringing unique and varied insights into different crimes.Miscommunication can sometimes result,but then again -sometimes- a break-through!

Hey dotr, I feel the exact same way. I was going to respond to Hazel's post about only reading "very clear" posts (or whatever it said, but now the post is gone!) Perhaps that's a good thing! :) It was getting personal, I think.:twocents:

Have we pretty much depleted all ideas regarding the murder of AG and the attack of SL? Perhaps we have! What more can we say here; I'm afraid we might have to leave it all up to LE from here on. It's, afterall, their job. We're merely interested sleuths/citizens. And we care deeply for the victims.

I'm so utterly amazed that it's almost ONE YEAR since SL's brutal attack and about THREE WEEKS short of one year from AG's ungodly killing. Beyond words........

I will be here off and on to check my PM's, but posting - not so much. Since I joined here really to follow the AG investigation (and I also am crazed to find the perp(s) for SL and SV), I want to say HAPPY CHRISTMAS to those of you who follow that tradition.:christmastree:. Be happy and be well.

Stone
:seeya:

"Places where someone (A.G.?) can meet in December. I am posting the ones that I might consider for AG, but the other choices are in the news link.
http://www.thespec.com/living/article/633644--eight-places-to-meet-someone-in-december

Eight places to meet someone in December

1. In the checkout line ...

Of Nordstrom. Of J.Crew. Of SportChek. Of Bath and Body Works. Anywhere you go to buy a present for your friend/mom/dad/kid brother/coworker, you’re likely to run into someone else who’s also shopping for gifts. If you’re brave, you can always approach someone by asking, “Hey, can I get your opinion?”

At no other point of the year will you be invited to such a concentrated string of social events, many of which will be full of people whom you’ve never met before. Definitely a big enough dating pool to get you through January and February ...

4. At the airport

Holiday delays are to be expected, so go prepared! Head to the airport bar and see what other miserably stranded people might need to pass the time. Go to the computer station and ask to borrow someone’s plug. Strike up a conversation in the magazine section of the bookstore. Ask someone to watch your stuff while you run to the bathroom, and then strike up a conversation upon your return. The possibilities are endless!

5. At the one place open on Christmas Day ...

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, you don’t have a ton of choices about where to eat or hang out on Christmas Day. This is a good thing: it means all the other non-celebrating people are forced to go to the same Chinese Restaurant as you. Solidarity!

8. Under the mistletoe ...

It’s got to work for some people, no?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members