Canada - Beverly Rowbotham, 42, murdered, St Andrews, MB, 24 Oct 2000

defence raises the issue that the home was once owned by a man who ran an abortion clinic who had receieved threats, implying that the murder could have been in relation to that - a case of mistaken identity

defence raises the issue that the home was once owned by a man who ran an abortion clinic who had receieved threats, implying that the murder could have been in relation to that - a case of mistaken identity

I guess we know where they are going to go with this when it is their turn.

I guess we know where they are going to go with this when it is their turn.

it is a good area for them to enquire about, especially if the original homeowners who were involved in the abortion clinic were physically threatened or had had threats to kill them made,

they would be very remiss if they did not ask the jury to consider it as a case of mistaken identity

I agree.
The Crown needs to explain the lapse in the investigation/arrest.

I wonder how much longer the Crowns CIC will be, they seem to be taking forever to present the evidence - and appeared to have scored some own goals with some of the eye witnesses or some of there own witnesses,

if I was on the jury I would be wondering why the crown did not ask the previous owner of the house about the threats he received due to his work at an abortion clinic, it is far better in my opinion if the state brings forth such information, otheriwse it looks like they are trying to hide something

deleted a previous post of mine as I posted that defence CIC had started, when it had not, crown has rested, defence cic will start Thursday if they are going to present a defence,

today the defence implied that the foreign DNA found on the victims handbag could have got there when somebody tried to snatch her bag, and then by implication this would make that person the murderer, neither the defendant or there sons are a match to the male DNA found on her bag

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/03/09/mb-stobbe-trial-murder-wife-winnipeg.html

second day of defendants testimony, cross examination

one thing I noticed is that he says he was heartbroken and devastated by his wife's murder, yet from 2001- 2008 when he was arrested he had no contact with LE, his wife had been brutally murdered yet he never phoned to ask how the case was progressing, never demanded that the cops did more to find her murderer - it appears he was unconcerned with the murder investigation and if I was on jury that is something I wonder ponder on

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
board_stiff
Back