CANADA Canada - Brantford, Ont, 'Baby Parker' Male Newborn 2673UMON, Jul'05

Ok guys I have some additional details, which I will be doing a quick 2 minute update episode on the podcast.
1. The pathologist/ ME didn’t believe (in his medical opinion) that the fractured ribs and blunt force trauma to Baby Parker happened during childbirth
2. The towel was found about 10 feet away from the baby
3. The placenta was discovered Monday July 25 in the morning. About 50 meters from the baby in someone’s backyard
4. There was decomposition to Baby Parker when he was discovered (on July 28)
5. A heavy rain fell in the area between July 24 and July 28, washing away crucial evidence.
Btw this was from the senior sergeant at the BPS

Does anyone have a transcript of the letter for some reason it the second page is difficult for me to read

Let me check my notes and get back to you
Does anyone have a transcript of the letter for some reason it the second page is difficult for me to read
Page 1:

Please send this to the Brantford Police. Please, it’s about the newborn baby found. It is really important.

Page 2:

To whom this may concern:

I am a young girl who had sexual relations with some of the teenage boys in the neighbourhood; a while back I did end up pregnant, but I hid it from everyone. And I know that one of these guys are the father of the newborn baby that was found near the river. I know this because I didn’t get my period after having sex with them. My friend helped me with the birth of the baby. We were out partying in the Landsdowne park when I started to have contractions. I didn’t know what to do. My friend helped me through it. She told me my baby was dead so she placed him or her, I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t want the doctors to tell me or my friend to tell me. Anyways she told she was going to place it in the bushes

Page 3:

And she’d come back later. We were walking back to the park to get a ride back home. Then the after birth came. It came out and she took it somewhere and said she was throwing it in the garbage in someone’s back yard. I don’t know what she did with it. Anyways please don’t tell any of the families if they are the dad. I am sure DNA is going to start but please do not test them and tell them. I don’t want anyone to know. I am going to come into the station and confront you by the end of next week. I just have to work up the courage. So please again do not tell the mom of whatever (or the grandma) I should say because them they w[?] know. I am begging you please. The dad of the baby had nothing to do with this or that family. Please do not tell that family if the results come up positive. I will be in by next (Sun?) (not this one but next one after that). Again please do not tell the family if any results are positive. Please! I’m scared and lonely. Please I am so scared that they will find out. I’m so sorry I don’t want them to know or get tested. If you cared you wouldn’t. I will be there by next week, so just hold off.

Attachments

• Baby Parker Letter - Page 1.jpg
    Baby Parker Letter - Page 1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Baby Parker Letter - Page 2.jpg
    Baby Parker Letter - Page 2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10
  • Baby Parker Letter - Page 3.jpg
    Baby Parker Letter - Page 3.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 9
This poor baby was not even given clothing... it makes me mad and sad... so many people want to adopt a child so badly and still mothers throw them away like garbage.

The letter sounds like a very young girl who is very scared and feels a lot of remorse... but still, imho she sounded mature enough to give the baby for adoption.. instead of killing it.

Poor Baby Parker's DNA would be a good candidate for genealogical DNA testing, imho.

The letter sounds like a very young girl who is very scared and feels a lot of remorse... but still, imho she sounded mature enough to give the baby for adoption.. instead of killing it.

Her friend told her the baby was already dead, so what could she have done?

I think she needs support more than she needs condemnation.

Well, we don't know the circumstances of the evening or even if this letter was in fact written by the mother. Police have not confirmed if DNA was present on the letter, but did confirm fingerprint(s).

The pathologist/ ME didn’t believe (in his medical opinion) that the fractured ribs and blunt force trauma to Baby Parker happened during childbirth, meaning it happened after the birth of the baby. - This came directly from an interview I conducted with the MCU with the Brantford Police.

It seems both to me that the writer of the letter is both lying and not telling the complete truth and feels remorse for what has happened. I am not surprised she never came in, especially if she realized that the police had no real leads and nothing to go on. Also if she is still a teen she might find it hard to go in complete secrecy if one of her biggest priorities is her parents/other people finding out. This case, like so many other unidentified infants, really hammers home the point how important sex education and contraception is.

Well, we don't know the circumstances of the evening or even if this letter was in fact written by the mother. Police have not confirmed if DNA was present on the letter, but did confirm fingerprint(s).

The pathologist/ ME didn’t believe (in his medical opinion) that the fractured ribs and blunt force trauma to Baby Parker happened during childbirth, meaning it happened after the birth of the baby. - This came directly from an interview I conducted with the MCU with the Brantford Police.
What is MCU?

Police issued a press release renewing their appeal for information after 18 years:

August 17, 2023, will mark the 18-year anniversary of the memorial service and date in which Baby Parker was laid to rest.

The investigation led to the largest canvass completed by Brantford police. Hundreds of DNA samples were collected from members of the public living in the neighbourhood where Baby Parker was found. The samples were sent to the Center of Forensic Sciences; however, none were found to have a biological link to Baby Parker.

Several ‘Persons of Interest’ have been identified over the years; however, investigators have since eliminated those individuals as being the mother or father.
Although 18 years have passed, officers remain committed to finding Baby Parker’s mother, father, or anyone else who may have information to assist in providing closure on the case. Police continue to believe that there are members of the public who have information that will be beneficial to the case.

Detectives remain hopeful that information from the community, combined with the utilization of new investigative technology, may help build a familial lineage to move the case forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back